Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
identifiable | identification | identifications | identified | identifier | identifies | identify | identifying
- VedaBase query: identif* not "false* identif*" @5 not "bod* identif*" @8
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Identification"
The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.
- Identification (BG and SB)
- Identification (CC and Other Books)
- Identification (Conv. 1969 - 1975)
- Identification (Conv. 1976 - 1977)
- Identification (Lectures, BG)
- Identification (Lectures, Other)
- Identification (Lectures, SB cantos 1 - 2)
- Identification (Lectures, SB cantos 3 - 12)
- Identification (Letters)
- A living entity when he begins spiritual realization by identifying himself with the Supreme Lord. This state of self-realization is technically known as monism. The monist thinks himself one with the Supreme Lord
- Akrura continued, "When people deviate from the original knowledge of the Vedas, they try to identify the ordinary living entities with Your Lordship (Krsna and Balarama)"
- As long as one identifies himself as belonging to a certain family, a certain society or a certain person, he is said to be covered with designations
- As soon as we get a car, however rotten it may be, we think that it is very nice, and identify with that car
- Being in a bewildered condition, therefore, the embodied soul identifies himself with the circumstantial material body and becomes subjected to the temporary misery and happiness of life
- Being situated in his original Krsna conscious position, a pure devotee does not identify with the body. Such a devotee should not be seen from a materialistic point of view
- Being the Absolute Personality of Godhead, He has no false ego, and so He does not identify Himself with anything different from Him. The material conception of ego is equibalanced in Him
- Bhagavata-dharma, or spiritual life, can be understood when one has understood his identification, what he is. Therefore in the Bhagavad-gita the first lesson given by Krsna to Arjuna is to bring him to the spiritual platform
- Both the Lord and the living entity are cognizant, and both have the sense of identification, of being conscious as a living force. But the living being under the condition of material nature
- Brahman identification may help one become joyful without material attachment or detachment and to achieve the platform of equanimity, but after this stage one has to take to devotional service
- By being deviated by the seasonal overgrowth of long grasses created by maya, a person identifies himself with the mayic production and succumbs to illusion, forgetting his spiritual life
- Fall down means from our spiritual identification we fall down to material identification, upadhi. Material identification, upadhi, designation. I am now speaking, "I am Indian,"
- Foolish persons are engaged in committing all sorts of sins due to the misconception of identifying the material body with the self. But one should be intelligent enough to understand to whom the body belongs
- For one who has identified himself with the moving material world, his actual spiritual luster is covered by illusion, and with the movement of material activities he thinks that he is moving through different spheres of life
- For those grossly engaged in identifying the body as the self, pious activity, or karma-yoga, is recommended. For those who identify the mind with the self, philosophical speculation, or jnana-yoga, is recommended
- Hearing this invitation, Madhavendra Puri came out and identified himself. The priest then delivered the pot of sweet rice and offered his obeisances, falling flat before him
- How then can the living entity become forgetful of his real identity as pure spirit soul and identify with matter unless influenced by something beyond himself? The conclusion is that the living entity is influenced by the avidya potency
- If you (Usa) can identify him from your dream, I (Citralekha) shall bring you peace of mind. Now, let me draw some pictures for you to inspect, and as soon as you find the picture of your desired husband, let me know
- In the material world we are suffering life after life because of our bodily identification, and liberation is freedom from that miserable condition of life
- It is said that a fool is undiscovered as long as he does not speak, and certainly a well-dressed fool cannot be identified unless he speaks, but as soon as he speaks, he reveals himself at once
- King Mucukunda thought it wise, however, to identify himself to the Lord first; otherwise he had no right to ask the Lord's identity
- Krsna consciousness means one is not identifying himself with this material body. He is identifying himself in his original constitutional position, aham brahmasmi
- Krsna is described as the source of all potencies, and He is also identified with the external potency, the material energy. Krsna also has internal potencies, or spiritual potencies, which are always engaged in His personal service
- One forgets if one drives a very costly car, he forgets himself that he is a poor man. He thinks that "I am this car." This is identification
- One must first become fully self-realized. Otherwise one may misidentify the Lord as nagara, or the enjoyer of the damsels of Vraja, thus committing the mistake of rasabhasa, or overlapping understanding
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya requested the King, "Go up on the roof of the palace. Gopinatha Acarya knows every one of the devotees. He will identify them for you"
- She (Usa) identified the picture to Citralekha as that of the man (Aniruddha) who had stolen her heart
- Siddhi means to understand the spiritual identification and work for it. That is called siddhi. So the attempt for such thing is called mukti: to get rid of the material entanglement. So bhukti-mukti-siddhi. There are three stages
- Some of the nonsense philosophers, they are identifying the soul with the mind, with intelligence, with ego, but they are all material. The soul is different
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes that our material identification creates three kinds of urges-the urge to speak, the urge or demands of the mind and the demands of the body
- Such persons give stress to liberation and detachment from the materialistic way of life. They are always neutral and have no affection for nor misidentification with anything material
- Suppose a living entity is now in a human form of body. He thinks that he belongs to the human community, or a particular country or particular place. He identifies himself in that way and unnecessarily prepares for another body
- The conditioned soul thinks, "I am this body," but a liberated soul thinks, "I am not this body. I am spirit soul." This "I am" is called ego, or identification of the self
- The devotee thus surpasses the subtle objects of different senses like aroma by smelling, the palate by tasting, vision by seeing forms, touch by contacting, the vibrations of the ear by ethereal identification, and the sense organs by material activities
- The Earth personified continued, "Yet since You (Krsna) are transcendentally situated, nothing material can be identified with Your personality"
- The identification of oneself with one's material possessions in the conditional stage must be purified, and one must identify himself in relationship with the Supreme Lord
- The inferior energy, known as maya, is so strong that although the living entity does not belong to this energy, due to the superior strength of the inferior energy the living entity (jiva-bhuta) forgets his real position and identifies with it
- The knot of doubtfulness is tied when the soul identifies with the material world. That knot is also called ahankara, the junction of matter and spirit
- The living entity (jivatma) takes different positions - sometimes he merges into the dark material nature and identifies himself with matter, and sometimes he identifies himself with the superior, spiritual nature
- The living entity in his conditioned stage identifies himself with the body, but when he identifies himself with the Lord within himself, he becomes just as free as the Lord, even while in the body. (Svetasvatara Upanisad 3.18)
- The miseries of the pure soul and the disruption of his self-identification are managed by the external energy of the Lord
- The personified Vedas continued, "Only due to their mistakenly identifying themselves as products of the material nature are they transmigrating from one kind of body to another in forgetfulness of their eternal relationship with You"
- The personified Vedas continued, "When elevated to the human form of life, they identify with a particular class of men, or a particular nation or race or so-called religion, forgetting their real identity as eternal servants of Your Lordship"
- The senses of the Personality of Godhead are not made of the material elements; they are all transcendental, free from all contamination of material identification
- The theory of illusion can be applied only when the living entity identifies himself with the body. As far as the cosmic manifestation is concerned, it cannot be called false, although it is certainly temporary
- The wrong conception of the jivatma is to identify the material body with the pure soul, and the wrong conception of Paramatma is to think Him on an equal level with the living entity
- The yogi realizes the Supersoul through transcendental mind and intelligence, without any of the misgivings of identifying the self with the Superself
- There is no preventing one's falling down from material happiness, and there is even every chance of falling down from the spiritual happiness derived out of identifying oneself with the impersonal Brahman
- They (men in the age of Kali) are less intelligent because they have no information of the eternity of life; they identify with the temporary material body existing for forty years and consider it the only basic principle of life
- This ahangrahopasana describes a living entity when he begins spiritual realization by identifying himself with the Supreme Lord. This state of self realization is technically known as monism
- This is the first accusation Jada Bharata made against the King (Rahugana), who was daring to talk to a learned brahmana from the flimsy ground of ignorance, identifying everything with matter
- This is the Vaisnava philosophy. We are trying to be servant. We don't identify with anything material. As soon as we identify with anything material, we become under the clutches of maya
- Those who are disgusted or frustrated with the materialistic way of life worship Lord Siva to attain salvation, which entails freedom from material identification
- To identify oneself with Krsna's devotees, to always feel inability without the help of Krsna, and to always think oneself inferior to Krsna, even though one may have full capacity to perform something on his own
- You know the truth of religion, and you are speaking according to the principle that the destination intended for the perpetrator of irreligious acts is also intended for one who identifies the perpetrator
- You may call the Vedas Hindu, but "Hindu" is a foreign name. We are not Hindus. Our real identification is varnasrama. Varnasrama denotes the followers of the Vedas, those who accept the human society in eight divisions of varna and asrama
- You will be pleased to learn that I have got now immigration permission and identification card in Canada
- Your unlimitedly potent activities are experienced by the most enlightened devotees, but those who are bewildered by the spell of Your (Krsna's) external energy identify themselves with this material world & become attached to society, friendship & love