Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
honey | honeycomb | honeycombs | honeylike
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Honey"
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total.
- A devotee is always engaged in drinking the honey from the lotus feet of the Lord. Unless one is freed from all material desires, he cannot actually taste the honey from the Lord's lotus feet
- A learned man takes the essence of knowledge from all places, just as a bumblebee collects honey from each and every flower
- A pure devotee of Krsna is always specifically qualified with nectarean qualifications and sometimes with the qualifications of butter and honey
- A vaisnava, a sober man, accepts only a man's glories and not his faults, for flies seek sores whereas honeybees seek honey. Haridasa Pandita never found fault with a Vaisnava but considered only his good qualities
- Abundant honey can be obtained if the forests are protected. Unfortunately, in modern civilization, men are busy killing the cows that are the source of yogurt, milk and ghee, they are cutting down all the trees that supply honey
- All glories to Nrsimha-deva! All glories to Nrsimha-deva, who is the Lord of Prahlada Maharaja and, like a honeybee, is always engaged in beholding the lotuslike face of the goddess of fortune
- Anyone who does not understand Lord Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead is surely in the mode of ignorance and consequently he will not attain salvation simply, so to speak, by licking the outer surface of the bottle of honey
- Approaching the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the goddess of fortune placed upon His shoulders the garland of newly grown lotus flowers, which was surrounded by humming bumblebees searching for honey
- As honey and butter become melted even in slight sunshine, so softhearted persons become easily melted
- As the parijata tree came down to the earthly planet, the fragrance of its flowers also came down, and the celestial drones migrated to this earth in search of their fragrance and honey
- As their eyes began to drink the nectarean honey of His lotus face, their thirst increased. Thus their eyes did not leave Him
- As was the Vedic custom, the King offered Krsna and Balarama honey and fresh, washed garments. He was hospitable not only to Krsna, Balarama and kings such as Jarasandha but also to many other kings and princes
- Baladeva was accompanied by His girlfriends. After drinking a honey beverage called Varuni, He wanted to jump into the Yamuna and swim with the girls
- Balarama said, "O you members of the Yadu dynasty, why are you laughing at Me? Please give me back My liquors made of honey from the kadamba flower!"
- Because of these flowing rivers, all the people have ample supplies of milk, yogurt, honey, clarified butter (ghee), molasses, food grains, clothes, bedding, sitting places and ornaments
- Day after day, with great difficulty, they (those who are not Krsna conscious) try to secure such women (debauched women), and sometimes, while trying to taste this kind of honey, one is attacked by a woman's kinsmen and chastised very heavily
- Don't make it a stool society. You see? Make it a honey society. At least, give chance, those who are seeking after honey. Don't cheat people. So they'll come
- Due to aroma of the parijata flower, the honeybees would begin their humming vibration, & the birds also would begin their sweet chirping sounds. All together it would sound like the singing of professional chanters engaged in offering prayers to Krsna
- Due to the aroma, the bees were also flying in the breeze, thinking that the aroma was honey. The gopis made a seat for Krsna by leveling the soft sand and placing cloths over it
- In a great forest, honeycombs are very important. People often go there to collect honey from the combs, and sometimes the bees attack and punish them
- In human society, those who are not Krsna conscious remain in the forest of material life simply for the honey of sex life. Such debauchees are not at all satisfied with one wife. They want many women
- Indeed, they are compared to a combination of yogurt, candy, ghee, honey, black pepper, camphor and cardamom, which, when mixed together, are very tasty and sweet
- Let me repeatedly offer my respectful obeisances unto the beelike devotees who always taste the honey of the lotus feet of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. If even a doggish nondevotee somehow takes shelter of such devotees, he enjoys the aroma of the lotus flower
- Let my consciousness, which is like a honeybee, take shelter of the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who has just now appeared as Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu to teach the ancient system of devotional service to Himself
- Like a honeybee, the Apsara (Purvacitti) smelled the beautiful and attractive flowers
- Lord Krsna was very much pleased when passing through the Vrndavana forest by the site of Govardhana Hill. On the bank of the Yamuna He saw all the trees decorated with beehives pouring honey
- Men are busy killing cows that are the source of yogurt, milk and ghee, they are cutting down all the trees that supply honey, and they are opening factories to manufacture nuts, bolts, automobiles and wine instead of engaging in agriculture
- Money is so dear that one conceives of money as being sweeter than honey. Therefore, who can give up the desire to accumulate money, especially in household life
- O my Lord, the transcendental body of Krsna is very sweet, and His face is even sweeter than His body. But His soft smile, which has the fragrance of honey, is sweeter still
- One should bathe Him with milk. (17) Then one should bathe Him with yogurt. (18) Then one should bathe Him with ghee. (19) Then one should bathe Him with honey. (20) Then one should bathe Him with water in which sugar has been dissolved
- She (Srimati Radharani) addressed the bumblebee, "Your master Krsna is exactly of your quality. You sit down on a flower, and after tasting a little honey you immediately fly away and sit on another flower and taste"
- Softness of the heart is compared with honey, with butter and with nectar. And the condition of the mind is compared with sunshine
- Sometimes, in order to have a little insignificant sex enjoyment, one searches after debauched women. In this attempt, one is insulted and chastised by the women's kinsmen. This is like going to take honey from a beehive and being attacked by the bees
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very thirsty to see the Lord, and His eyes became like two bumblebees drinking the honey from the lotuslike eyes of Lord Jagannatha, who is Krsna Himself
- Srimati Radharani began to talk with it as follows, "Bumblebee, you are accustomed to drinking honey from flower to flower, and therefore you have preferred to be a messenger of Krsna, who is of the same nature as you"
- Srimati Radharani induces Krsna to drink the honey of the conjugal relationship. She is therefore engaged in satisfying all the lusty desires of Krsna
- The air carrying the scent from the mouths of those who drink that honey perfumes the land for a hundred yojanas around
- The analogy is given that, as the bees go away from a flower that has no honey, so Subala left Vrndavana when he found there was no longer any relishable transcendental pleasure there
- The beauty of the pleasant sounds heard in the area surrounding Lake Bindu-sarovara is described here. After drinking honey, the black bees became maddened, and they hummed in intoxication
- The bumblebees were humming about in order to get honey from the flowers. Krsna and the gopis entered the water of the Yamuna just as an elephant enters a water tank with his many female companions
- The demigod known as Varuna sent his daughter Varuni in the form of liquid honey oozing from the hollows of the trees. Because of this honey the whole forest became aromatic, and the sweet aroma of the liquid honey, Varuni, captivated Balaramaji
- The difference between a devotee & a nondevotee is this, just like the bee & the fly: the bee always is attracted by the honey & flies go to the open sores. So the devotee is only attracted by the good qualities in other people & does not see their faults
- The gopis continued, "A person attached to the wives of others is interested in them as long as there is a need of sense gratification, just as bumblebees have interest in flowers as long as they want to take the honey out of them"
- The gopis said, "Krsna does not even look upon us, although we are completely surrendered unto Him. Now the young girls in Mathura will have the opportunity. They are expecting Krsna’s arrival, & will enjoy His sweet smiling face & will drink its honey"
- The living entities create their enjoyable honeycombs and then enjoy them. The example of the bees is appropriate because when bees try to enjoy their honeycomb, they have to suffer the bites of other bees
- The living entities merged into the Supreme at the time of dissolution are compared to honey. In the honeycomb, the tastes of different flowers are conserved
- The lotus flower is sometimes surrounded by white swans, and sometimes it is surrounded by black wasps who are collecting its honey. When there is a thundering in the sky, the swans go away, but the black wasps stay to enjoy the lotus flowers
- The luster of His beautiful face increased at every moment, and the eyes of hundreds and thousands of devotees drank its honey like bumblebees
- The miserable conditions of this material world can be corrected by a sufficient supply of milk, yogurt, honey, ghee, molasses, food grains, ornaments, bedding, sitting places and so on
- The miserable conditions of this material world can be corrected by a sufficient supply of milk, yogurt, honey, ghee, molasses, food grains, ornaments, bedding, sitting places and so on. This is human civilization
- The modern education is to teach people to become flies, only stool. Not here, Krsna consciousness. But you make it a honeycomb. Those who are after, seeking after honey, they will find, "Here is something." You see?
- The nondevotee's approach to the teachings of the Gita is something like that of a bee licking on a bottle of honey. One cannot have a taste of honey unless one opens the bottle
- The plants, creepers and trees were full of fruits and flowers due to ecstatic love of Krsna. Indeed, being so full, they were bowing down. They were inspired by such deep love for Krsna that they were constantly pouring showers of honey
- The predominating deity of the water, Varuna, presented flower garlands (to Laksmi) surrounded by six-legged bumblebees, drunken with honey
- The pure devotees are always hankering after the lotus feet of the Lord. The lotus has a kind of honey which is transcendentally relished by the devotees. They are like the bees who are always after the honey
- The soul can be solaced only by the mercy of Caitanya and His many bona fide devotees, who never leave the lotus feet of the Lord to become imitation Mahaprabhus but all cling to His lotus feet like bees that never leave a honey-soaked lotus flower
- The sweet, fragrant honey oozing from newly grown mango buds is again and again attracting groups of bumblebees, and this forest is trembling in the softly moving breezes from the Malaya Hills, which are full of sandalwood trees
- The trees were overwhelmed with joy and were incessantly yielding honey, which flowed from the beehives hanging on their branches
- The water of the rivers began to flow with various tasty liquids and give nourishment to the trees, producing fruits and flowers of different colors and tastes. The trees began to pour drops of honey
- There are some highly qualified persons who accept only the good qualities of others. Just as a bee is always interested in the honey in the flower and does not consider the thorns and colors
- There is a statement in the Lalita-madhava that Lord Baladeva, intoxicated from drinking excessive quantities of honey, once began to address the ants
- They (Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika) welcomed Lord Balarama by giving Him in charity nice cows and arghya (a mixture of arati water and an assortment of items such as honey, butter, flowers and sandalwood pulp)
- They (the trees and plants) then wanted to deliver everything to Krsna and His friends - whatever they had - namely their fruits, flowers and the honey incessantly falling from their branches
- They also worshiped him with a suitable presentation of honey mixed with other ingredients. When Akrura was thus comfortably seated, Krsna and Balarama offered Him a cow in charity and then brought very palatable dishes, and Akrura accepted them
- This flowing honey falls incessantly from the top of Suparsva Mountain and flows all around Ilavrta-varsa, beginning from the western side. Thus the whole land is saturated with the pleasing fragrance
- Those who are averse to taste the honey in Krsna consciousness, they are rogues. They are rogues. And the Yamaraja is advising, "Go there. Bring them here, and I shall chastise them nicely." That is Yamaraja
- Unless we surrender to the lotus feet of a pure devotee, it is not possible to come to the platform of devotional service. That is the way. We cannot taste the honey within the bottle. The bottle must be opened by the expert
- Upon seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the trees and creepers of Vrndavana became jubilant. Their twigs stood up, and they began to shed tears of ecstasy in the form of honey
- When a bumblebee enters the opening of a lotus flower and drinks its honey, it is fully protected by the petals of the lotus. The bee is undisturbed by sunshine and other external influences
- When bathing the Deity in the abhiseka ceremony with various liquids, such as milk, honey, yogurt, ghee, cow dung and cow urine, it is customary to supply yellow garments
- When one drinks honey, one cannot distinguish what sort of honey has been collected from what sort of flower, but the palatable taste of the honey presupposes that the honey is not homogeneous but is a combination of different tastes
- When there is a profuse supply of milk, yogurt, honey, food grains, ghee, molasses, dhotis, saris, bedding, sitting places and ornaments, the residents are actually opulent
- When they (the gopis) saw Krsna returning, all their anxieties were immediately relieved, and they began to look at His face the way drones hover over the honey of the lotus flower. When Krsna entered the village, the young gopis smiled and laughed
- While singing the glories of the Lord, the inhabitants of Vaikuntha deride even the presence of the blossoming madhavi flowers, which are fragrant and laden with honey