Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
guard | guarded | guarding | guards
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Guard"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Actually, KC can be based simply on hearing, chanting, remembering, etc. Described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam are nine different processes, besides which everything done is unfavorable to KC. Thus, one should always be guarding against falldowns
- After death the next body is offered by superior control, not blindly. A human being, therefore, must be on his guard as to what sort of body he is going to have in the next life
- After giving this dowry, the king of Kosala Province (Nagnajit) bade his daughter and great son-in-law be seated on a chariot and allowed them to go to their home, guarded by a division of well-equipped soldiers
- Although Raghunatha dasa was a family man, he had no attachment for his estate and wife. Seeing his tendency to leave home, his father and uncle engaged special bodyguards to watch over him
- Amogha wanted to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu eat, but he was not allowed to enter. Indeed, the Bhattacarya guarded the threshold of his house with a stick in his hand
- As for their (the Yadu dynasty's) military strength, it is said that King Ugrasena alone had ten quadrillion soldiers as personal bodyguards
- Even without taking the shape of an animal, Visnu could kill him by hurling His Sudarsana cakra, which can go anywhere without the Lord's physical presence. Therefore Hiranyakasipu was careful to guard against all kinds of weapons
- Every devotee who claims to be a Vaisnava must guard against these offenses in order to quickly achieve the desired success
- Hiranyakasipu was very much afraid of Visnu's becoming an animal to kill him because his brother had been killed by Visnu when the Lord took the shape of a boar. He was therefore very careful to guard against all kinds of animals
- His father even had five watchmen guard him day and night. Four personal servants were employed to look after his comfort, and two brahmanas were employed to cook for him
- If the gardener does not see these impediments and take them out, they will overcome and choke the plant of devotion. If, however, one is careful to guard against the growth of unwanted plants, the plant of devotion grows luxuriantly
- In His absence I (Arjuna) have been defeated by a number of infidel cowherd men while I was guarding the bodies of all the wives of Krsna
- In order to guard against the invention of unauthorized incarnations of God by the fanciful, less intelligent persons, the name of the father of the bona fide incarnation is also mentioned in the authorized revealed scriptures
- The author of Caitanya-caritamrta has warned the neophyte devotees to be seriously on guard against the pitfall of neglecting knowledge about Krsna in regard to how great He is
- The housekeeper and the guards of the palace could guess very easily that she was having relations with a male friend, and without waiting for further developments, all of them informed their master, Banasura
- There, however, the watchmen alertly kept guard. Raghunatha dasa was thinking of various means by which to escape their vigilance
- These items (the manuscripts of Bhaktivinoda Thakura) are very, very priceless and are a great treasure house of Vaisnava lore, so be very careful in the matter and take all precautions to guard them
- This extinguishing is like the waning moon, which gradually decreases and at last becomes darkness. One should therefore be very careful while associating with pure devotees to guard against committing an offense at their lotus feet
- To enter the city of Pragjyotisa-pura was not a very easy task, because it was very well fortified. First of all, there were four strongholds guarding the four directions of the city, which was well protected on all sides by formidable military strength
- We have to inform people that there is a fire of maya which is burning the very vitality of all living entities, and they should guard against the indefatigable onslaught of material existence. That should be our motto
- When one is living, a big man, nobody can go before him or touch him - there are so many guards. But the same man, when he's dead, if he's lying on the floor, if somebody kicks on his face, nobody cares, finished
- When Raghunatha dasa's father and mother saw that their son was acting like a householder, they became very happy. Because of this, they slackened their guard
- When They understood the sinister motives of the guards, They became angry, and taking up the two pieces of the broken bow, They began to beat down all of Kamsa's caretakers