Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
growth | growths
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Growth"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Advancement of civilization is estimated not on the growth of mills and factories to deteriorate the finer instincts of the human being, but on developing the potent spiritual instincts of human beings and giving them a chance to go back to Godhead
- All these activities (material upliftment, understanding the Supreme by speculative knowledge, fruitive activity, severe austerity and penance) are against the natural growth of spontaneous love of Godhead
- By being deviated by the seasonal overgrowth of long grasses created by maya, a person identifies himself with the mayic production and succumbs to illusion, forgetting his spiritual life
- By contacting nondevotees and engaging in nondevotional activities, a so-called mature devotee will fall victim to the mad elephant offense. Whatever growth has taken place is quickly uprooted by such an offense
- If the gardener does not see these impediments and take them out, they will overcome and choke the plant of devotion. If, however, one is careful to guard against the growth of unwanted plants, the plant of devotion grows luxuriantly
- In material nature, everyone is under the stringent laws of matter and must pass through six stages of existence: birth, growth, maintenance, production of by-products, deterioration and finally death
- In the beginning of His (Krsna's) kaisora age - there are reddish borders around His eyes, and a growth of soft hairs on His body
- In the material world the living entity undergoes six changes - birth, growth, duration, reproduction, then dwindling and vanishing
- Krsna replied, "All material bodies are subject to these six conditions (growth, maintenance, expansion, deterioration and, finally, disappearance) & any relative acquisitions accumulated by this body are definitely subject to final destruction"
- Krsna replied, "Every one of you (Kings) must understand that anything material has its starting point, growth, maintenance, expansion, deterioration and, finally, disappearance"
- O Lord (Varahadeva), Your semen is the sacrifice called soma-yajna. Your growth is the ritualistic performances of the morning. Your skin and touch sensations are the seven elements of the agnistoma sacrifice
- One who is actually intelligent and has realized the self can see that this growth is not automatic; the cause is the soul, and the forms come out in material bodies under different conditions
- Sahadeva said, "As an individual soul is the basic principle of the growth of his material body, Krsna is the Supersoul of this cosmic manifestation"
- Sahadeva said, "Because His (Krsna's) transcendental body is full of knowledge and bliss in eternity, He doesn't undergo the six kinds of material changes - birth, existence, growth, production, dwindling and vanishing"
- Sankarsana is the master of integration and disintegration, whereas Pradyumna, another feature of Lord Vasudeva, is responsible for universal growth and maintenance
- Similarly, the seeds of our desires are varied. Every living entity has a different type of desire, and that desire is the seed which causes his growth in a certain type of body. This is explained by Rupa Gosvami by the word papa-bija
- The industrialist and the capitalist do not want the farmer to remain at home, satisfied with his agricultural produce. When the farmers are satisfied by a luxuriant growth of food grains, the capitalist becomes gloomy at heart
- The moon is the source of nectarean coolness that influences the growth of food grains, and therefore the moon-god is considered the life of all living entities. He is consequently called Jiva, the chief living being within the universe
- The problem is not to check the growth of the population, but to generate good population on the level of Vidura, Vyasa and Maitreya
- There is no need to check the growth of population if the children are born as human beings with all precautions regarding their birth. So-called birth control is not only vicious but also useless
- Those who have a stunted growth of hair on the upper lip are generally called Khasas. As such, the Khasa are the Mongolians, the Chinese and others who are so designated