Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:God and the Gopis
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "God and the Gopis"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- The gopis are predominated expansions of the internal potency, and therefore the Lord's participation in the rasa-lila dance is never to be considered like the mundane relationship of man and woman
- The Lord's pastimes with the gopis are all displays of transcendental existence, bliss and knowledge, although these are manifested apparently as sex love. The specific attraction of His pastimes with the gopis should never be misunderstood
- The lusty affairs of the gopis actually constitute the topmost love of Godhead because the gopis never act for their own personal satisfaction. They are simply pleased by engaging other gopis in the service of the Lord
- The pure love of the gopis has become celebrated by the name ‘lust.' The dear devotees of the Lord, headed by Sri Uddhava, desire to taste that love
- The Supreme Lord, who can award liberation to anyone, showed more mercy toward the gopis than to Lord Brahma, Lord Siva or even the goddess of fortune, who is His own wife and is associated with His body