Category:God and Lord Indra
Pages in category "God and Lord Indra"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.
- Although Vamanadeva is sometimes taken as a less-important demigod, He is actually the maintainer of Indra, the King of the demigods
- Although we (Yamaraja, Indra, Candra, Siva, Brahma and Surya) are in the mode of goodness, we cannot understand the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. What, then, is to be said of others, who, under illusion, merely speculate to know God?
- Bali Maharaja lamented that although Indra was very learned, he did not know how to use his intelligence properly, for instead of asking Vamanadeva to allow him to engage in His service, Indra used Him to beg Bali Maharaja for material wealth
- By the grace of the Matsya avatara, Manu saved himself from the great danger of the flood. May that same fish incarnation save us from the great and fearful danger caused by the son of Tvasta
- In the Brhad-aranyaka Upanisad, Yajnavalkya says to Gargi, the daughter of Garga Muni: "Even the sun, the moon and other controllers and demigods like Lord Brahma and King Indra are all under His (the Supreme Personality of Godhead's) control"
- Indra said, "Devotees do not care even for liberation, not to speak of these material opulences. Actually, we are not enjoyers of the fruits of sacrifices. Our only duty is to always be engaged in Your service, for You are the enjoyer of everything"
- Indra, King of heaven, being protected by the arms of Vamanadeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, thus regained his rule of the three worlds and was reinstated in his own position, supremely opulent, fearless and fully satisfied
- King Indra said: My dear Lord, Your transcendental form with eight hands and weapons in each of them appears for the welfare of the entire universe, and it is very pleasing to the mind and eyes
- King Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: My lord, kindly explain the Visnu mantra armor that protected King Indra and enabled him to conquer his enemies, along with their carriers, and enjoy the opulence of the three worlds
- My dear King Yudhisthira, the demigods then approached the Lord. They were headed by Lord Brahma, King Indra and Lord Siva and included great saintly persons and the residents of Pitrloka, Siddhaloka, Vidyadhara-loka and the planet of the snakes
- My dear Lord, it is after You endeavor that Lord Brahma, Indra and the other directors of the cosmic manifestation become occupied with their activities. It is after You perceive the material energy, My Lord, that the senses begin to perceive
- Rsabhadeva, a partial incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, will take birth from his father, Ayusman, and his mother, Ambudhara. He will enable the Indra named Adbhuta to enjoy the opulence of the three worlds
- Rsabhadeva, the master of all mystic power, understood King Indra's purpose and smiled a little. Then, by His own prowess, through yogamaya (His internal potency), He profusely poured water upon His own place, which was known as Ajanabha
- Sanaka Muni addressed the Lord as follows, "Because they (auspicious persons) are so transcendentally enriched, they do not care to accept even the post of Indra, the heavenly King"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: The Manus, the sons of Manu, the great sages, the Indras and all the demigods, O King, are appointed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His various incarnations such as Yajna
- The demigods like Brahma, Visnu, Mahesvara, Indra, Candra and Varuna are undoubtedly different forms of the Lord for execution of different functions; the different elemental ingredients of material creation, as well as the multifarious energies
- The Gandharvas said: Dear Lord, all the demigods, including Lord Siva, Lord Brahma, Indra and Marici and the great sages, are all only differentiated parts and parcels of Your body
- The Lord, accompanied by His sons named the Yamas and by all the other demigods, killed the demons and Raksasas. He then took the post of Indra and began to rule the heavenly kingdom
- The Narayana Upanisad (1) states, "From Narayana, Brahma was born. Narayana created all the Prajapatis. Narayana created Indra. Narayana created the eight Vasus. Narayana created the eleven Rudras. Narayana created the twelve Adityas"
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the supreme independent controlling person, and all the demigods, including Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Indra (the King of heaven), the king of the moon planet and the king of the sun planet, work under His direction
- There is a good analogy in this connection, showing the relationship between the part and the whole. Lord Vamanadeva is actually the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but He appeared to have been "born" as one of the brothers of Indra