Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Giving Up for God
Pages in category "Giving Up for God"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- If one is so expert that he can engage everything or dovetail everything in the service of the Lord, to give up the material world would be a great blunder
- If, however, you are unable to work in this consciousness, then try to act giving up all results of your work and try to be self-situated. BG 12.11 - 1972
- It is not possible for me to give up the service of Raghunatha's lotus feet. At the same time, if I do not do so I shall break Your order. What can I do
- Occupational duties are described in the religious scriptures. If one analyzes them, he can fully understand their qualities & faults and then give them up completely to render service unto the S P of God. Such a person is considered a first-class man
- Only by achieving pure devotional service of the Lord can one give up all other engagements as insignificant
- Philosophically inquire about the truth. Then undergo all kinds of austerities and penances for the sake of devotional service. Give up the endeavor for sense enjoyment and engage in the service of the Lord
- Prahlada Maharaja replied that a man engrossed in the material consciousness of duality, thinking, "This is mine, and that belongs to my enemy," should give up his householder life and go to the forest to worship the Supreme Lord
- The body of a pure Vaisnava changes transcendentally at once when he gives himself up to the service of the Lord and is trained by a qualified Vaisnava
- The king of this planet, Maharaja Ambarisa, thus performed devotional service to the Lord and in this endeavor practiced severe austerity. Always satisfying the S P of Godhead by his constitutional activities, he gradually gave up all material desires
- The Lord continued: My dear rsi, O leader of the living entities, for those who serve Me in devotion by worshiping Me, especially persons like you who have given up everything unto Me, there is never any question of frustration
- The Lord says, "A person who has completely surrendered unto Me and has completely given up all other activities is protected by Me personally, both in this life and in the next"
- The most intelligent transcendentalist gives up all other processes and engages himself in the devotional service of the Lord, even though he may have many desires
- There the devotee says, "My dear Lord, as a sold-out animal has no need to think about his maintenance and sustenance, so, because I have given up my body and soul unto You, I am no longer concerned with my maintenance and sustenance"
- Those who are attached to the means of bhakti-yoga are factually self-controlled and can all of a sudden give up their homely or bodily attachment for the service of the Lord