Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
generation | generations
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Generation"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- A well-known king named Anantaguna Pandya is an eleventh-generation descendant of Emperor Kulasekhara
- Another name for Laksmi is Cancala, indicating that she does not stay in one place for a long time. Therefore, we see that a rich man's family sometimes becomes poor after a few generations, and sometimes we see that a poor man's family becomes very rich
- At the present moment you know this is your generation, you cannot do anything, and you are thinking of future generation. How foolish you are
- Brahma, disgusted with the Rudra generations and afraid of being devoured by the increase of population, asked Rudra to stop producing such an unwanted generation and take to penance for attaining the favor of the Supreme Lord
- Brahma, who was empowered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, thought of generating living entities and begot ten sons for the extension of the generations
- By sex indulgence, they (Svayambhuva Manu and Satarupa) gradually increased generations of population one after another
- By the grace of the Lord, there are still families that foster transcendentalists generation after generation
- I do not want anything; for your countrymen, for your misguided youthful generation, you have to do it
- I want that all of my spiritual sons and daughters will inherit this title of Bhaktivedanta, so that the family transcendental diploma will continue through the generations
- If one's son becomes a Vaisnava in the family, he can deliver fourteen generations, up and down. That is the verdict. Not only verdict, this is the version in the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- If someone even touches a brahmana's property, his family is ruined for three generations. However, if a brahmana's property is forcibly taken away, the taker's family for ten generations before him and ten generations after will be subject to ruination
- If we are able to make a whole generation of our children into fine Krsna Conscious preachers, that will be the glory of our movement and the glory of your country as well
- In the beginning of creation, the Lord of all creatures sent forth generations of men and demigods, along with sacrifices for Visnu
- It is said by Canakya Pandita that life is certainly short for everyone, but if one acts properly, his reputation will remain for a generation
- Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, is called cancala. She does not remain at one place. We have got experience. Today one man is very rich; next generation is no longer rich. That is also nationwise applicable. Just like we have seen British Empire
- Lord Krsna is the source of all generations, and He is called the most efficient cause of everything
- Lord Krsna said, "If someone becomes a pure Vaisnava, or devotee of the Lord, ten generations of his family before his birth and ten generations after will be liberated"
- New generation of devotees
- Nowadays they are busy but they are fools. Like monkey, he is very busy. You see? And they prefer to be generation of monkey, busy fool. That's all. Fools, when he is busy, he is simply creating havoc. That's all
- Nrsimha-deva said, "Your (Prahlada's) father is already liberated because you are his son. In spite of all his offenses, he is liberated. Not only your father, but your father's father, his father up to seven generations, they are all liberated"
- Since 1967, we are presenting Bhagavad-gita as it is; thousands of young generation, they are taking to Krsna consciousness. This is the result
- So far I am concerned, I belong to Lord Caitanya's disciplic succession, and my spiritual master, who was just ninth generation from Lord Caitanya, ordered me that "You try to spread this Krsna consciousness in the Western world"
- Take care of this nice child and raise him along with the other boys in New Vrindaban so that a new generation of Krishna Conscious children will come out of this movement
- The disciple in the eighth generation after Sri Ananta Acarya was, Nilambara dasa; in the ninth generation, Sri Narottama dasa; in the tenth generation, Pitambara dasa; and in the eleventh generation, Sri Madhava dasa
- The disciple in the fifth generation after Sri Ananta Acarya was Sri Vanamali; in the sixth generation, Sri Bhagavan dasa, who was a Bengali; and in the seventh generation, Madhusudana dasa, who was an Oriya
- The disciple in the twelfth generation (after Sri Ananta Acarya) is presently in charge of the Ganga-mata monastery
- The family in which a maha-bhagavata takes his birth is fortunate because due to the birth of a first-grade devotee the members of the family, past, present and future up to one hundred generations, become liberated by the grace of the Lord
- The generations of Rudra, the incarnation of anger, were so dangerous to the maintenance of universal affairs that even Brahma, the father of the living entities, became afraid of them
- The gigantic form of the Maha-Visnu is the source of generation for innumerable universes. Innumerable universes are coming out of His exhaling breath, and the same universes are going back in with His inhaling breath
- The god predominating over water entered His (the virat-purusa's) organ of generation with the faculty of procreation, but the virat-purusa still would not rise
- The household children are taken to practice what the parents practice, and therefore the whole generation glides towards hell. Nothing good can be expected from them unless they associate with sadhus
- The protection of women maintains the chastity of society, by which we can get a good generation for peace, tranquillity and progress of life
- The supreme cause of all generation is not impersonal or without desire. The desires for all kinds of sense perception and sense organs exist in the Supreme, and thus they take place in the individual persons
- The symptoms of ecstatic love are sometimes grouped under four headings - namely, generation, conjunction, aggregation and satisfaction
- The twelfth generation of Vidyapati's descendants is still living
- The youthful generation of the present day is very enthusiastic in trying to overthrow the government in different parts of the world. But unless people are Krsna conscious like Dhruva Maharaja, there will be no appreciable changes in government
- They are born, they grow, they remain for some time, they reproduce, they dwindle, and finally they vanish. Of these changes, the first is deliverance from the womb, and that is Krsna. The first generation is the beginning of all future activities
- This is an instance of the generation of malice in ecstatic love of Krsna
- This material world is created to give the conditioned souls a chance for rejuvenation for going back home, back to Godhead, and therefore generation of the living being is necessary for upkeep of the purpose of creation
- Those possessing the title of Bhaktivedanta will be allowed to initiate disciples. Maybe by 1975, all of my disciples will be allowed to initiate and increase the numbers of the generations. That is my program
- Those who try to adjust material conditions are said to be chewing the chewed. No one has been able to adjust material conditions, but life after life, generation after generation, people try and repeatedly fail
- We are constructing the Hare Krishna Land project in Juhu Beach and we trust that you and your family members will take advantage of the facilities for generations to come
- We are creating a new generation for becoming devotee at Dallas
- We want some generation who can preach Krsna consciousness; so if they learn simply English and Sanskrit, they will be able to read this book, and that is sufficient
- When Lord Brahma ordered Atri Muni to create generations after marrying Anasuya, Atri Muni and his wife went to perform severe austerities in the valley of the mountain known as Rksa