Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
fortnight | fortnightly | fortnights | "two weeks" | "2 weeks" | "fourteen days"
Pages in category "Fortnight"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- A brahmana who is sufficiently rich must offer oblations to the forefathers during the dark-moon fortnight in the latter part of the month of Bhadra
- A person who has lived in Dvaraka for six months, for one month, or even for one fortnight, there is awaiting elevation to the Vaikuntha-lokas and all the profits of sarupya-mukti (the privilege of having the same four-handed bodily features as Narayana)
- According to lunar calculations, two fortnights - one of the waxing moon and the other of the waning - form one month. That same period is one day and night for the planet Pitrloka
- As the moon, in its waxing fortnight, develops day after day, so the royal prince (Pariksit) very soon developed luxuriantly under the care and full facilities of his guardian grandfathers
- At the end of His (Caitanya) twenty-fourth year, in the month of Magha, during the fortnight of the waxing moon, the Lord accepted the renounced order of life, sannyasa
- At the end of His twenty-fourth year, at the end of the fortnight of the waxing moon, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left Navadvipa and crossed the river Ganges at a place known as Nidayara-ghata
- I am very anxious to know that things are progressing nicely under the new management of the Governing Body Commissioners. So please write at least once in a fortnight
- If this planet (Mars) does not travel in a crooked way, it crosses through each sign of the zodiac in three fortnights and in this way travels through all twelve, one after another
- In Saka Era 1203, in the month of Vaisakha, in the fortnight of the moon's waxing period, on the day of Ekadasi, Narahari Tirtha dedicated to the holy name of Yogananda Nrsimhadeva the temple he had constructed on His order
- It is calculated that there are four praharas, which are also called yamas, in the day and four in the night of the human being. Similarly, fifteen days and nights are a fortnight, and there are two fortnights, white and black, in a month
- Most probably I shall have to go to Russia for a fortnight. So my passport is immediately necessary. I think Amritanananda and Rahul may be required to go with us because their names have been suggested
- My fortnightly magazine "Back to Godhead" is also being regularly published and my lectures and kirtana have been recorded in Phonograph
- The aggregate of two fortnights is one month, and that period is one complete day and night for the Pita planets. Two of such months comprise one season, and six months comprise one complete movement of the sun from south to north
- The Caturmasya period begins in the month of Asadha (June-July) from the day of Ekadasi called Sayana-ekadasi, in the fortnight of the waxing moon
- The mystic who passes away from this world during the smoke, the night, the fortnight of the waning moon, or the six months when the sun passes to the south reaches the moon planet but again comes back
- The period (Caturmasya) ends in the month of Karttika (October-November) on the Ekadasi day known as Utthana-ekadasi, in the fortnight of the waxing moon. This four-month period is known as Caturmasya
- The Rasa-yatra, or rasa dancing of Krsna, takes place on the full-moon night of the same month (the month of Karttika (October-November). Utthana-dvadasi takes place the day after Ekadasi in the waxing fortnight of the moon in the same month
- The sages said, "Our dear Lord (Balarama), there is a very powerful demon of the name Balvala. He is the son of Ilvala, and he visits this sacred place of sacrifice every fortnight on the full moon and moonless days and creates a great disturbance"
- The Sixth Canto I have already completed and I shall begin the Seventh Canto within a fortnight. When I am relieved from the administration work, then it will be done
- The sun is rising punctually, the moon is rising punctually, the fortnight is going on, the season is coming punctually - everything. Why there should be no creator or no superintendent?
- This sandesh can be kept at least for a fortnight without damage, but cheese cannot be kept more than three days
- Those who know the Supreme Brahman attain that Supreme by passing away from the world during the influence of the fiery god, in the light, at an auspicious moment of the day, or during the fortnight of the waxing moon