foretold | foretells | foretell | foretelling | foretellings | foretellng
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Foretold"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- All the young boys, they are keeping big, big hair. That is foretold in Bhagavata, five thousand years: "In Kali-yuga, they will think by keeping long hair they become more beautiful"
- An ideal king may be possessed of all these good qualities, and the child Pariksit is foretold to have all these qualities in perfection
- Anyone with a material body cannot remember his past life, nor can he foretell his future life, nor can he predict the outcome of his present life; therefore he cannot know what is happening in past, present and future
- As an astrologer can see the future fate of a man, or an astronomer can foretell the solar and lunar eclipses, liberated souls can foretell the future of all mankind by seeing through the scriptures
- At the end of this period (Kali-yuga), the incarnation of Kalki will take place, as foretold in the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- At the time of Maharaja Pariksit's birth, the expert astrologer-brahmanas foretold some of his qualities. Maharaja Pariksit developed all those qualities, being a great devotee of the Lord
- Bhagavan Shri Krishna Chaitanya foretold, "The singing of My name is sure to be spread in every village and in every town throughout the world"
- Both the Arjunas (the King of Haihaya, and the other is the grandfather of the child) are famous for their bowmanship, and the child Pariksit is foretold to be equal to both of them, particularly in fighting
- Generally the future appearance and the activities of the Lord or His incarnations are foretold in the scriptures, and thus the pseudoincarnations are unable to cheat persons who are in knowledge of the events described in the authoritative scriptures
- Gopinatha Acarya reminded Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "My dear Bhattacarya, what I foretold to you has now taken place"
- In other words, the curse of Narada was a benediction to the sons of Kuvera because indirectly it was foretold that they would be able to receive the favor of Lord Krsna
- In the line of royal succession in the family of Maharaja Yudhisthira, all the kings, without exception, were the wisest men of their times, and so also it is foretold about Maharaja Pariksit and his son Maharaja Janamejaya, who was yet to be born
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam there is foretelling that in this age there will be no more marriage. Vedic marriage will be stopped. Svikara eva ca udvahe. Simply by agreement, the marriage function will be performed
- Incarnations are foretold in the scriptures
- It is foretold herein (SB 4.16.8) that if there would be a scarcity of rain, King Prthu would manage to counteract the deficiency by virtue of his godly powers. Such powers were also exhibited by Lord Krsna when He was present in Vrndavana
- It is foretold herein that in the absence of a monarchical regime, the general mass of people will be an unwanted population like dogs and monkeys
- It is foretold herein that in the absence of good monarchical government, everyone will be the cause of disturbance for others by plundering riches, animals, women, etc
- King Kamsa was attracted to Krsna because of fearfulness. Kamsa was always fearful of Krsna because it had been foretold that his sister's son, Krsna, would kill him. Sisupala was also always envious of Krsna
- Krsna and Balarama then learned the art of foretelling events by seeing signs. In a book called Khanara-vacana, the various types of signs and omens are described
- Krsna was very much affected upon seeing the plight of the gopis, but His duty was to start for Mathura, for this was foretold by Narada
- Krsna was very much affected upon seeing the plight of the gopis, but His duty was to start for Mathura, for this was foretold by Narada. Krsna therefore consoled the gopis. He told them that they should not be aggrieved
- Nanda Maharaja recalled the prophecy of Vasudeva and considered him a great sage and mystic yogi; otherwise, how could he have foretold an incident that happened during his absence from Vrndavana?
- No material scientist can foretell what is going to happen in the future. The bhakti-yoga process, however, is completely different from so-called scientific advancement of knowledge
- Sri Naradadeva was just foretelling the way of his spiritual progress in a place which was sanctified by the flow of the celestial Ganges
- Srimad-Bhagavatam was composed just prior to the beginning of the age of Kali (about five thousand years ago), and Lord Buddha appeared about twenty-six hundred years ago. Therefore in the Srimad-Bhagavatam Lord Buddha is foretold
- The adjustment is that all these incidents (killing Sankhacuda, chastising Kaliya, rasa dance) would take place in the future, after the time when it was being foretold by Brahmaji to Narada
- The foretellings of astrological science, such as the occurrence of solar or lunar eclipses, are wonderful calculations, and by this particular science a person can understand the future very clearly
- The King's (Prthu) behavior was very pleasing to the reciters, and consequently the reciters continued their praise and even foretold the King's future activities, as they had been instructed by the sadhus and sages
- The King's behavior was very pleasing to the reciters, and consequently the reciters continued their praise and even foretold the King's future activities, as they had been instructed by the sadhus and sages
- The liberated souls are above these flaws (mistake, illusion, cheating and imperfection); therefore they can see and foretell things which are to take place on distant future dates
- The Lord foretold to Kardama Muni that He would appear in His incarnation Kapiladeva and would propagate the philosophy of Sankhya
- The name of His (Kalki's) father, Visnu Yasa, a learned brahmana, and the village Sambhala are also mentioned. As above mentioned, all these foretellings will prove to be factual in chronological order. That is the authority of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The next day, in the morning, Samba delivered a large lump of iron, which was entrusted to Ugrasena for necessary action. Actually later on there was the foretold fratricidal war, and Samba died in that war
- The pastimes of the Lord are known to the experts who are able to see past, present and future, and Brahmaji, being one of them, foretold what would happen in the future
- The result of understanding these signs (a bucket full of water, an empty bucket, a cow being milked alongside its calf) is that one can foretell events, and Krsna and Balarama learned the science
- The result of understanding these signs is that one can foretell events, and Krsna and Balarama learned the science. They also learned the art of composing matrka
- The saint by whose benedictions the queens bore the child was called Candra Kausika, who foretold of the child before his father Brhadratha
- The western Yavana joined with Duryodhana in the Battle of Kuruksetra under the pressure of Karna. It is also foretold that these Yavanas also would conquer India, and it proved to be true
- They (the gopis and men) remembered the words of Garga Muni, who had foretold, by dint of his vast knowledge of the Vedas & astrology, that this boy would be attacked by many demons. Now they were actually seeing that this was coming true, word for word
- This departure from Vaikuntha was foretold by Laksmi, the goddess of fortune. She was very angry because when she left My abode and then returned, you stopped her at the gate while I was sleeping
- This foretelling (of the devastation up to the earthly planets) is by the past experience of Brahmaji, who knew that in that fearful devastating scene, the Vedas would come out of his mouth
- This has already been foretold in one newspaper here by a Japanese philosopher who has predicted that our Krishna Consciousness Movement will become the world religion by 1981