Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:First-class Devotees of God
This category has the following 75 subcategories, out of 75 total.
- ► Siva is a First-class Devotee of God (2 P)
Pages in category "First-class Devotees of God"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- A first class devotee of the Lord never asks for anything from the Lord. He is always ready to offer something to the Lord - oh Lord! Take whatever I possess from me. pranair arthair dhiya vaca (SB 10.22.35)
- A first-standard devotee is very high position, spiritual position
- A man should be trained to be a first-class devotee of Lord Krsna, and a woman should be trained to be a very chaste follower of her husband. That will make the lives of both of them happy
- A Vaisnava is one who has taken the Supreme Personality of Godhead as the ultimate goal of life, but if one is not pure and still has motives, then he is not a Vaisnava of the first order of good character
- A wise man who simply realizes the greatness of God is also counted among the neophytes. Such beginners can be elevated to the second-class or first-class platform if they associate with pure devotees
- Actually a first-class reputation is due Madhavendra Puri because he was a most confidential devotee of the Lord
- Anyone who becomes a Vaisnava accepted by the first-class Vaisnava, or uttama-adhikari Vaisnava, is already considered a brahmana, regardless of his birth or past deeds
- As far as the development of faith is concerned, one who is well versed in the literatures of devotional service and has attained the stage of firm faith is called a first-class person in Krsna consciousness
- Because he (a first-class devotee) knows that Krsna consciousness is the basis of knowledge and action, he sees everything as being connected with Krsna. Such a person is able to chant the holy name of Krsna perfectly
- Because of his full faith in the Supreme Personality of Godhead, a devotee is never agitated, even in the greatest trials. This pridelessness is possible only for the first-class devotees, of whom Lord Sambhu is one
- By the mercy of the Supreme Lord, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, everyone became a first-class devotee. Later they became teachers or spiritual masters and liberated the entire world
- He (a first-class devotee) is always in love with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, and this love is without adulteration. Because of this love, he is always awake to transcendental realization
- He (a first-class devotee) opens eyes that are closed by forgetfulness of Krsna. Thus the living entity is liberated from the dullness of material energy and is engaged fully in the service of the Lord
- He (the first class devotee) attains firm faith in the scriptures by understanding with all reasons and arguments. When we speak of arguments and reason, it means arguments and reason on the basis of revealed scripture
- He (the first class devotee) can very nicely present conclusions with perfect discretion and can consider the ways of devotional service in a decisive way
- He (the first class devotee) understands perfectly that the ultimate goal of life is to attain to the transcendental loving service of Krsna, and he knows that Krsna is the only object of worship and love
- If the second-class devotee does not advance himself by associating with a first-class devotee, he makes no progress
- In every religion there is recommendation to go to the place, holy places of pilgrimage. This is one set-up. Another set-up is that bhagavatas tirtha-bhutah. Those who are devotees, they are themselves maha-bhagavata. They are first-class devotee
- It is said that Maharaja Pariksit is a great first-class devotee of the Lord and that his birth and activities are all wonderful. Please tell us about him
- Maha-bhagavatas, or first-grade devotees, although moving amongst men, are not contaminated by honor or insult, hunger or satisfaction, sleep or wakefulness, which are all resultant actions of the three modes of material nature
- Maharaja Pariksit was greatly astonished that King Priyavrata remained in household life, especially since he was not only a self-realized soul but also a first-class devotee of the Lord. A devotee actually has no attraction for household life
- My dear King, a person who never deviates even for a moment from engagement in service at the lotus feet of the Supreme Person is called the first-class devotee
- One becomes qualified as a devotee on the elementary platform, the intermediate platform and the highest platform of devotional service according to the development of his sraddha (faith)
- One should not try to be an artificially advanced devotee, thinking "I am a first-class devotee, so it is best not to accept any disciples." Such thinking should be avoided
- One who is expert in the Vedic literature and has full faith in the Supreme Lord is an uttama-adhikari, a first-class Vaisnava, a topmost Vaisnava who can deliver the whole world and turn everyone to Krsna consciousness
- One whose faith is soft and pliable is called a neophyte, but by gradually following the process he will rise to the platform of a first-class devotee
- Out of many kinds of devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the one who is attracted to the original form of the Lord, Krsna in Vrndavana, is considered to be the foremost, first-class devotee
- Saying "I have seen! I have seen!" and dancing in ecstatic love as though mad, he became a first-class Vaisnava
- So that is the way of elevating oneself. In whatever condition one may be, if he is fortunate enough to associate with pure devotees, then very quickly he is elevated to the second-class or first-class platform
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "A first-class Vaisnava is he whose very presence makes others chant the holy name of Krsna"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that if an observer immediately remembers the holy name of Krsna upon seeing a Vaisnava, that Vaisnava should be considered a maha-bhagavata, a first-class devotee
- Such a Vaisnava (a maha-bhagavata first-class devotee) is always aware of his Krsna conscious duty, and he is enlightened in self-realization
- That is the sign of the first-class devotee, that he is always willing to sacrifice everything to please Krishna by preaching His glories, even under all sorts of difficult conditions. I am very encouraged by your attitude of sincere Krishna Consciousness
- The devotee in the first or uppermost class is described as follows. He is very expert in the study of relevant scriptures, and he is also expert in putting forward arguments in terms of those scriptures
- The Emperor Pariksit is a pious king. He is highly celebrated and is a first-class devotee of the Personality of Godhead
- The first-class devotee gives assurance to every living being that there is no fear of this material existence: "Let us live in Krsna consciousness and conquer the nescience of material existence"
- The first-class devotee is not interested in dry speculative methods meant for wasting time. In other words, one who has attained a mature determination in the matter of devotional service can be accepted as the first-class devotee
- The impersonalists, because they engage in mental speculation and have no faith in the Personality of Godhead, have no business hearing the topics of Krsna. Such persons are pitiable for the first-class pure devotees of the Lord
- The Lord then assured King Mucukunda, "In your next life you will take your birth as a first-class Vaisnava, the best of brahmanas, and in that life your only business will be to engage yourself in My transcendental service"
- The neophyte and intermediate devotees can gradually rise to the platform of uttama-adhikari and become first-class devotees. Symptoms of a first-class devotee are given in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The second-class devotee accepts disciples from the section of third-class devotees or nondevotees. Sometimes the first-class devotee also comes down to the category of the second-class devotee for preaching work
- The second-class devotee, even though he cannot support his position with sastric reference, can gradually become a first-class devotee by studying the sastras and associating with a first-class devotee
- There is no possibility that a first-class devotee will fall down, even though he may mix with nondevotees to preach. Conviction and faith gradually increase to make one an uttama-adhikari, a first-class devotee
- They (the Maha-bhagavata first-class devotees) themselves are the holy place. Not only they are themselves holy place, but wherever they go, they make that place holy place, pilgrimage. This is the idea
- This first-class devotee is one who has strictly followed the rules and regulations under the training of a bona fide spiritual master and has sincerely obeyed him in accord with revealed scriptures
- Those who are thinking of first of all analyzing Krsna, whether He's God, they are not first-class devotee. Those who have got spontaneous love for Krsna, they are first-class devotees. How you will analyze Krsna? He's unlimited. It is impossible
- We have heard about the symptoms of a first-class devotee in Srimad-Bhagavatam, and all those symptoms are manifest in the body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- We must elevate ourself to the second class devotee position. To become first-class devotee, that is very difficult job. We can expect after executing devotional service as a madhyama-adhikari. Then we can be promoted
- We require many first class devotees to make the temple alive with transcendental bliss
- We should be always alert to test our advancement, how we are making advancement. Because unless we become first-class devotee, there is no question of our being relieved from this material condition of life. That is not possible