Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Fighter"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- All the horses fell, their necks severed, and the chariots fell also, along with their flags and the fighters and drivers on the chariots. Almost all the infantry soldiers fell on the field of battle, their heads, hands and legs cut off
- Although Arjuna was a warrior, a fighter, a householder having more than dozen wives, but he was sannyasa. Because he sacrificed everything for Krsna. That is wanted. That is Krsna conscious
- An ordinary person engaged in his occupational duty, like Arjuna, should execute his duty for the satisfaction of Krsna; that is within his power. Arjuna was a fighter, and Krsna wanted him to fight for His satisfaction
- And you are known as a great fighter, great soldier and My friend, and this will be going against your reputation. Don't do this
- Arjuna is a great warrior, fighter, and for a ksatriya to kill one is not very difficult task
- Arjuna was a famous fighter, and he attained fame by fighting many great demigods, including even Lord Siva
- Arjuna, although he was fighter, Arjuna did not change his position. He did not become a brahmana. After hearing Bhagavad-gita it is not that he gave up his profession as a ksatriya and went to Himalaya to become a brahmana, meditation
- As a great fighter Bhismadeva was relishing the relation of Krsna in the chivalrous humor
- Bhisma, the great valiant grandsire of the Kuru dynasty, the grandfather of the fighters, blew his conchshell very loudly, making a sound like the roar of a lion, giving Duryodhana joy
- Bhismadeva was a great devotee of the Lord, but he chose to fight against the Pandavas by the will of the Lord because the Lord wanted to show that a fighter like Bhisma cannot win on the wrong side
- Even in that helpless condition, the child Pariksit endured the unbearable temperature due to his being a great fighter by nature
- Everyone thinks that Krsna is a great fighter & that no one can conquer You. So now You'll have to prove Your strength. I think that if You stand before me any longer, with my sharp arrows I shall send You to a place wherefrom You will never return"
- Hanuman, a great fighter, fought with Ravana, not for his personal interest
- He (Banasura) always waited for the day when the suitable fighter would come to cut down his strength. He was such a foolish demon
- He (Samba) struck each of the six charioteers with six separate arrows. He used another four arrows to kill the charioteers' horses. Then he used one arrow to kill the driver and one arrow for Karna as well as the other celebrated fighters
- His grandfather Arjuna had to fight with such great heroes as Bhisma, Drona, Karna & many others who were not ordinary fighters. Such warriors have been compared to the timingila fish in the ocean. The timingila fish can very easily swallow up big whales
- If you do business and you earn money and spend it for Krsna consciousness, that is also bhakti. That is also bhakti. Just like vivid example is Arjuna. Arjuna is a fighter, and by fighting, he became a devotee; not by chanting Hare Krsna
- In the beginning, Sri Arjuna, the great fighter, declined to fight, but when he was convinced by the Lord that the fighting was necessary, Sri Arjuna changed his decision and fought for His cause
- It is said that all the fighters who assembled on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra attained salvation by personally seeing the Lord at the time of death
- King Jarasandha was a great fighter, a ksatriya king, but he was never neglectful of the Vedic injunctions
- King Jarasandha was a very dutiful householder, and he had great respect for the brahmanas. He was a great fighter, a ksatriya king, but he was never neglectful of the Vedic injunctions
- Krsna satisfied all great sages by His wonderful pastimes. He demolished all of the demoniac activities of the cruel royal order, protected all pious men, and killed all cruel fighters on the battlefield. Therefore He is all-auspicious for all men
- People may ask that "By mentioning these great fighter, what spiritual progress we make? Because we are meant for chanting Hare Krsna maha-mantra, so by chanting the names of these great fighters, what do we gain?"
- Pradyumna said, "My sisters-in-law will play jokes upon me with sarcastic words" ‘My dear hero, how have you become such a coward? How have you become a eunuch? How have you become so low in the eyes of the fighters who opposed you?'
- Samba was also a maha-rathi, but he was alone and had to fight with the six other maha-rathis. Still he was not deterred when he saw all the great fighters of the Kuru dynasty coming up behind him to arrest him
- Sambhavitasya, one who is very reputed, famous man, if he does something wrong, then it was better to die before such infamy is grown. This is advised. Arjuna is famous as a great fighter
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Maharaj Pariksit, "O best of the Kurus, Sri Krsna cut into pieces all the different weapons used by different fighters"
- That great archer the King of Kasi, the great fighter Sikhandi, Dhrstadyumna, Virata, the unconquerable Satyaki, Drupada, the sons of Draupadi, and the others, O King, such as the mighty-armed son of Subhadra, all blew their respective conchshells
- The charioteer of Pradyumna replied, "My dear sir, I wish a long life for you. I think that I did nothing wrong, for it is the duty of the charioteer to help the fighter in the chariot when he is in a precarious condition"
- The demon (Daitya) was very encouraged to learn from Varuna that there was one fighter who could actually combat him, and he was very enthusiastic to search out the Supreme Personality of Godhead just to give Him a fight
- The elder members of the family, such as Bhisma, wanted to arrest him (Samba). Thus all the members of the Kuru dynasty, especially the great fighters, joined together just to teach him a lesson, and Karna was made the commander in chief
- The great fighters on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra could swallow many, many Arjunas very easily, but simply due to Krsna's mercy, Arjuna was able to kill all of them
- The yogi or the devotee is faced with many allurements which can entangle a great fighter again in the bondage of material existence
- There are also great, heroic, powerful fighters like Dhrstaketu, Cekitana, Kasiraja, Purujit, Kuntibhoja and Saibya
- There are different grades of fighters, including maha-rathi, eka-rathi and rathi, classified according to their fighting ability. These maha-rathis could fight alone with many thousands of men
- They (Bhima and Jarasandha) were both expert fighters with clubs, and their techniques of striking each other were so beautiful that they appeared to be two dramatic artists dancing on a stage
- They (opposing princes) addressed Sisupala thus, "Our dear Sisupala, don't be discouraged in this way. You belong to the royal order and are the chief amongst the fighters
- We (the counselors of Kamsa) have nothing to fear from these demigods. They are very proud of being great fighters in peacetime outside the war field, but actually they cannot show any talent or military power on the war field
- When everyone present on the battlefield saw this wonderful feat of Pradyumna's, the great fighters on both sides praised his acts of chivalry
- When he (Bhaumasura) saw that all his soldiers, commanders and fighters had been killed on the battlefield by the strokes of the weapons of the Personality of Godhead, he became exceedingly angry at the Lord