Feelings for Krsna
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Feelings for Krsna"
The following 88 pages are in this category, out of 88 total.
- A devotee's transcendental love for Krsna is increased, and his combined feelings are called reverential devotion
- According to acaryas expert in the study of psychological activities, these attempts at hiding one's real affections are another part of ecstatic feeling for Krsna
- Actually you can see that, that Vrndavana-dhama, that place is a small spot of land, say about eighty-four miles area, but any person, and however atheistic he may be, and however nonsense he may be, if he goes to that place, he'll feel Krsna's presence
- After Krsna returned from His teacher's home, He was pleased to see Uddhava, who happened to be His dearmost friend. Krsna wanted to send him to Vrndavana with a message to the residents to pacify their deep feelings of separation
- After this incident, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, surrounded by His dear friends & the animals, returned to His home. As usual, the gopis began to chant the glorious pastimes of Lord Krsna with great feeling, for they were chanting from the heart
- Although Akrura was a great devotee, he was cursed by the inhabitants of Vrndavana because of his taking Krsna away from their midst. Because of wounding their feelings, Akrura was forced to join the conspiracy declared by sinful men
- Although the inhabitants of Vrndavana felt separation from Krsna, the resulting ecstasy (bhava) caused them to perceive that Krsna was always present with them by His lila, or pastimes
- As her (Yasoda's) natural feeling of affection increased, she decided to herself, Now let this incident be forgotten. I do not mind. Here is my son. Let me kiss Him
- Because they had been separated from Krsna for so many years, the gopis, having come along with Nanda Maharaja and mother Yasoda, felt intense ecstasy upon seeing Krsna
- Brahma said, "I see Your different Narayana forms everywhere. I can see You on the water, I can feel You within my heart, and I can also see You before me now. You are the original Narayana"
- Brahmananda Bharati continued, "Since I have seen You, I have been feeling Lord Krsna's presence in my mind and have been seeing Him before my eyes. I now want to chant the holy name of Lord Krsna"
- By the force of their (the gopis) ecstatic feelings, it appeared to them that Krsna was personally present and dancing before them. Because of their sweet remembrance of Krsna, they could not check their tears, and they cried without consideration
- Even a learned scholar, therefore, cannot understand the gopis' ecstatic feelings, which are firmly fixed upon the original form of Lord Krsna as the son of Nanda Maharaja
- Even the river Yamuna, being desirous of embracing the lotus feet of Krsna after hearing the transcendental vibration of His flute, broke her fierce waves to flow very nicely with lotus flowers in her hands, to present them to Mukunda with deep feeling
- Feel separation of Krsna just like Radharani, as Lord Caitanya teaches us, and engage your tongue in the service of the Lord; then, one day, when you are mature, you'll see Krsna eye to eye
- Feeling very much obliged and wanting to receive his (King Bahulasva's) guests to the best of his ability, he called for nice chairs and cushions, and Lord Krsna, along with all the sages (Narada and others), sat down very comfortably
- Feelings of Love for Krsna
- Finally, after some deliberation, He also entered the mouth of the demon. When Krsna entered, all the demigods, who had gathered to see the fun and who were hiding within the clouds, expressed their feelings with the words "Alas! Alas!"
- For that Personality of Godhead (who is the bestower of many benedictions, including liberation), the gopis always felt maternal love, and Krsna sucked their breasts with full satisfaction - SB 10.6.39-40
- He (Lord Krsna) danced with the gopis without social restriction and without reproach. Although the gopis approached Him with a paramour's feelings of love, the relationship between the gopis and Lord Krsna was worshiped even by Lord Caitanya
- He (Uddhava) always kept them (the gopis) engaged in thinking of the transcendental message of Krsna and His pastimes, and the gopis felt as if they were experiencing direct association with Krsna
- If someone goes to Vrndavana, he will immediately feel separation from Krsna, who performed such nice activities when He was present there. Such attraction for remembering Krsna's activities is known as attachment for Krsna
- Immediately forgetting yogamaya's illusion that Krsna had shown the universal form within His mouth, mother Yasoda took her son on her lap as before, feeling increased affection in her heart for her transcendental child - SB 10.8.44
- In order to achieve pure devotional service, he (Bhismadeva) wanted to invest all powers of thinking, feeling and willing entirely in the Supreme Being, Lord Krsna. He is described herein as the leader of the devotees and all-powerful
- In such a laughing ecstasy of love, Krsna or matters pertaining to Krsna are the cause of the laughter. In such laughing devotional service, there are symptoms of jubilation, laziness, concealed feelings and similar other seemingly disturbing elements
- In their movements, intended to give impetus to lusty feelings, they'd sometimes press Krsna's hand on their laps & sometimes they'd keep His lotus feet on their breasts. After doing this, they would talk with Krsna as if they were very angry with Him
- In this portion (of Nectar of Devotion), Srila Rupa Gosvami further describes these ecstasies of devotional feelings, some being compatible and others incompatible with one another
- In this way, Rukmini compared the position of Rukmi with that of Krsna and very feelingly pleaded with her husband not to kill her brother just at the auspicious time of her being united with Krsna, but to excuse him
- In Vrndavana, the damsels of Vrajabhumi enjoy transcendental bliss in the company of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, and they feel the same transcendental bliss in separation when Krsna and Balarama leave Vrndavana for Mathura
- It is understood from authoritative sources that an attachment for Krsna because of feelings of disgust sometimes presents a ghastly ecstasy in devotional service
- It should be noted in this connection that when Krsna entered into the wives' hearts & when they embraced Him & felt the transcendental bliss of being merged with Him, the Supreme Lord did not lose His identity, nor did the individual wives lose theirs
- Krsna also reciprocated the feelings of the Pandavas. Maharaja Pariksit, as a pure devotee of Krsna, could appreciate Krsna's transcendental reciprocation of the feelings of His devotees, & thus he himself also was overwhelmed with the dealings of Krsna
- Krsna continued, "My devotees are very much attached to Me, but sometimes I do not reciprocate their feelings properly in order to increase their love for Me more and more"
- Krsna said, "Your (the gopis) feelings of love and affection for Me are very appropriate because I am the Supreme Personality of Godhead. All living creatures are My parts and parcels, and naturally they are affectionate to Me"
- Krsna's youth is described as follows: "He was always nicely dressed, in beauty surpassing even Cupid, and He was always attracting the minds of the gopis, who were thereby always feeling pleasure"
- Kuntidevi's eyes became wet, and, in great love, she feelingly embraced Lord Krsna. She then inquired from Him about the well-being of her paternal family members - her brother Vasudeva, his wife and other members of the family
- Many, many persons have attained liberation simply by thinking of Krsna with great attention and giving up sinful activities. This great attention may be due to lusty desires, inimical feelings, fear, affection or devotional service
- My dear Uddhava, please hear me. In truth Krsna is my son, but even if you think that He is God, I would still bear toward Him my own feelings for my son. May my mind be attached to your Lord Krsna
- Nanda Maharaja & mother Yasoda, developed their unalloyed devotion for the S.P. of Godhead, having gotten Him as their son. And all the gopis and cowherd men who were associates of Krsna naturally developed their own different feelings of love for Krsna
- Not seeing Krsna present, they (the gopis) too felt very much aggrieved and joined mother Yasoda in crying, their eyes full of tears - SB 10.7.25
- On account of his intense feeling of devotional service, King Mayuradhvaja was always thinking of Krsna, and when he understood that Krsna had come in the garb of a brahmana, he did not hesitate to part with half of his body
- On the platform of conjugal love, attachment for Krsna, rendering service unto Him, the relaxed feelings of fraternity and the feelings of maintenance all increase in intimacy
- Once they (Krsna and Radharani) met at Kuruksetra during a solar eclipse, and the feeling which was expressed by them is heartrending
- One can see Him (Krsna), one can feel His presence even in this present life simply by understanding the advaya-jnana Lord, or the Absolute Lord, through the process of devotional service, which begins with hearing about Him
- One is not able to feel the presence of the Lord in all circumstances until one is endowed with the required transcendental vision made possible by devotional service prescribed in the revealed scriptures
- One who is on the path of (material) progress, trying to improve himself with respectable parentage, great opulence, high education and bodily beauty, cannot approach You with sincere feeling
- She (Satyabhama) was the daughter of Satrajit. After the departure of Lord Krsna, when Arjuna visited Dvaraka, all the queens, including Satyabhama and Rukmini, lamented for the Lord with great feeling
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in particular felt separation from Krsna very deeply, exactly like a lover who is dejected in separation from the beloved
- Sri Daruka did not relish his ecstatic feelings of love, for they caused his limbs to become stunned and thus obstructed his service of fanning Lord Krsna
- Srutadeva said, "You (Krsna) are present to everyone, but the nondevotee feels You as ultimate cruel death, whereas for a devotee You are the supreme instructor and philosopher"
- Suddenly, due to their feelings of separation, Lord Krsna appeared among the gopis dressed in yellow garments and wearing a flower garland. His lotus face was smiling, and He was directly attracting the mind of Cupid
- Superb feelings were exhibited by the damsels of Vrajabhumi for the happiness of the Lord. The gopis loved the Lord without any return, and this is the perfect exhibition of the akamah spirit
- Suta Gosvami said: Arjuna, the celebrated friend of Lord Krsna, was grief-stricken because of his strong feeling of separation from Krsna, over and above all Maharaja Yudhisthira's speculative inquiries
- The brahmana (Sudama), feeling great obligation to Krsna, thought, “I pray to have the friendship of Lord Krsna and to engage in His service, and to surrender fully unto Him in love and affection, life after life
- The cowherd friends of Krsna were so happy in His company that they expressed their transcendental feelings within themselves thus, "My dear Krsna, You are always busy tending the cows which are scattered all over beautiful Vrndavana"
- The elderly cowherd men, having obtained great feeling from embracing their sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions), gradually and with great difficulty and reluctance ceased embracing them and returned to the forest - SB 10.13.34
- The feeling of such separation (living beings and Krsna) cannot be described, but it can simply be imagined by devotees only
- The gopis said to their gopi friends, "It appears that the flowers of the creepers must have been touched by the nails of Krsna. Otherwise, how could they feel so jubilant?"
- The grave dealings, which the queens displayed in natural feminine ways, were also transcendental because the feelings were expressed out of transcendental ecstasy
- The impersonalists simply think that they are liberated, but actually they have no feeling for the Personality of Godhead. They think that when Krsna comes into the material world He accepts a material body
- The mind does not dissolve, it changes its quality, or rather, it becomes purified. No, thoughts of feelings of love for Krishna is not ego-projected, or emotional, provided it is confirmed by Spiritual Master
- The more the gopas and gopis exchanged feelings with the Lord, the more their devotional service increased
- The whole process is to increase our feeling of love for Krsna. That is required. Not anything else. Just (like the) gopis. They were not Vedantists. They were not scholars. They were village girls, and also low class
- There is a transcendental stage in which one feels himself to be only an eternal servitor of Krsna, the absolute Personality of Godhead
- They (gopis) wanted to remain busy in Vrndavana and thus feel the presence of Krsna in every step of their lives. They immediately invited Krsna to come back to Vrndavana
- Those devotees express their feelings in such a way that they automatically melt with ecstasy, and many transcendental symptoms become manifested in their bodies. Anyone desiring advancement in DS must follow in the footsteps of such devotees
- To acquire this strong feeling of separation is the teaching of Lord Caitanya and His direct disciplic succession of Gosvamis. When we are not in physical contact with Krsna, we can associate with Him like the gopis, through feelings of separation
- To regard Krsna as one's superior is called reverential feeling, and when, in addition to this, a devotee feels that Krsna is his protector
- When an exalted devotee feels that Krsna is invisible, he cries in separation, and sometimes, when he sees that Krsna has returned to care for him, he laughs, just as a child sometimes laughs upon understanding that his mother is taking care of him
- When everything was done, all the inhabitants of Vrndavana approached Krsna with feelings of love and embraced Him with great ecstasy
- When Krsna came out from the Yamuna after chastising the Kaliyanaga, Sridama wanted to embrace Him first, but he could not raise his arms because of his great feeling of respect
- When Krsna plays with His young friends, mother Yasoda is very much disturbed by thoughts that Krsna, because of always playing and not taking His food properly, must be getting weak. These are examples of the exalted ecstasy felt in Krsna's service
- When Krsna went to the forest with His cowherd boyfriends and cows, the gopis did not physically take part, but their hearts went with Him. And because their hearts went, they were able to enjoy His company through strong feelings of separation
- When Kubja caught hold of Krsna's yellow garment because she was feeling almost lusty with sex urge, Krsna simply bowed down His head with His cheeks glowing in front of the many people who were standing there and laughing
- When Kunti was offering her prayers very feelingly to Krsna, she could not check herself and began to cry loudly before Akrura
- When natural feelings of love for Krsna become fully manifest, a devotee can neglect conventional social rules and regulations
- When one is substantially convinced that he is always protected by Krsna in all circumstances, that feeling is called reverential devotion
- When one is well situated in devotional service, one comes to the transcendental position, qualified to feel the presence of the Lord in the sphere of one's activity
- When the gopis were talking in this way, their feelings for Krsna became more and more intense, and they were experiencing Krsna's smiling, Krsna's words of love, Krsna's attractive features, Krsna's characteristics and Krsna's embraces
- When the inhabitants of Jangala Province saw the Personality of Godhead, Krsna, they were so stricken with feeling that they could not withdraw their glance from Him
- With great difficulty he checked the tears of grief that smeared his eyes. He was very distressed because Lord Krsna was out of his sight, and he increasingly felt affection for Him
- Yasoda & Rohini were seated on a separate cart, and Krsna and Balarama were seated on their laps. While Rohini & Yasoda were riding on the cart, they talked to Krsna and Balarama, and feeling the pleasure of such talks, they looked very, very beautiful
- You have to fix up your mind not only thinking of Krsna, but also working for Krsna, feeling for Krsna. That is complete meditation. That is called samadhi. Your mind cannot go out