Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
evidence | evidenced | evidences | evident | evidential | evidentially | evidently
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Evidence"
The following 132 pages are in this category, out of 132 total.
- Akrura was getting gold in that proportion and distributing it profusely at sacrificial performances. Lord Krsna cited Akrura's lavishly spending gold as positive evidence of his possessing the Syamantaka jewel
- Although there is other evidence, the evidence given in the Vedic version must be taken as foremost. Vedic versions understood directly are first-class evidence
- Although they were exploiting. But nobody could understand. Everyone was feeling happy. And as soon as they left, everyone is unhappy. That distinction I can give evidence, I can, from my personal experience. Things were very, very nice
- And Mukhara replied, "You sinful Jatila, by hearing your words, there is aching in my head! You cannot give any evidence that Krsna has attacked Radharani, the daughter of my granddaughter Kirtida"
- Any one of my students can challenge any student of so-called yogis, and that is practical evidence
- Anyone who does not give evidences, proof, from the sastra, then na siddhim sa avapnoti, he does not get at any time success, na sukham, neither any happiness in this material world, na param gatim, and what to speak of elevation in the next life
- Anyone who will take to this chanting process, whatever, you don't consider about his past life. He will become saintly. He will become a pure Krsna conscious person. The evidence is Jagai-Madhai
- As evidence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy, we are experiencing that the people of Africa are taking to Krsna consciousness, chanting and dancing and taking prasadam like other Vaisnavas
- As evidence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s mercy, we are experiencing that the people of Africa are taking to Krsna consciousness, chanting and dancing and taking prasadam like other Vaisnavas
- As it was evident from the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, all the executive heads of both parties, like Drona, Bhisma, Arjuna and Duryodhana, were not sleeping; all of them were actual participants in the fighting
- At every step, Lord Caitanya said, Sanatana Gosvami should give documentary evidence from the puranas. Thus the Lord gave a summary of all the topics Sanatana should include in his book on Vaisnava regulative principles
- Atheistic philosophies never agree with one another. Different species of life are evidence of varieties of mixtures of the modes of material nature
- Because of even the faintest rays of the effulgence of the Lord's holy name, one can attain liberation. We can see this in all the revealed scriptures. The evidence appears in the story of Ajamila in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- But I can make a guess in terms of directions from the sastra. The Vedic scripture Srimad-Bhagavatam gives the direct evidence in this matter
- Conjugal love for Krsna, either as gopi or as queen, is not limited only to women. Even men can develop such sentiments, as was evidenced by the sages of Dandakaranya
- Cooperate with Hamsaduta. This is Krsna's business. We shouldn't form different parties. Hamsaduta is a sincere worker and has given evidence of success in Germany
- Cruel death evidently does not care even for a person as powerful as Kamsa. When death comes, it does not care for anyone's exalted position
- Dadhici, Sibi and many other great personalities were willing to sacrifice even their lives for the benefit of the people in general. This is the evidence of history
- Demons are generally fond of worshiping the demigods, and there are evidences that by such worship they get power for their sense gratification. This later proves to be a cause of trouble to the brahmanas, demigods and other innocent living entities
- Did He or did He not pay attention while you offered Him obeisances? Kindly give evidence supporting your words
- Direct perception, that is evidence. People with poor fund of knowledge, they want direct perception of everything. That is not possible. Direct perception of everything is not possible
- Doubt is one of the important functions of intelligence; blind acceptance of something does not give evidence of intelligence
- Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh. This is the acarya. Acarya will never interpret things like that. You see Ramanujacarya's comments on Bhagavad-gita. Nothing changed. But in every sloka he has given evidence from the Vedas, from the Upanisads
- Even in the material world we accept a great deal of information sent thousands of miles by telephone or radio. In this way we also accept sound as evidence in our daily lives
- Evidence can be quoted from authoritative sastras showing how a lowborn person can become the spiritual master of the entire world
- Evidence of this (Krsna could also speak even with animals and birds) is found in the Vaisnava literature compiled by the Gosvamis
- Faithless unbelievers do not see what is clearly evident, just as owls do not see the rays of the sun
- For evidence, please listen to the examples described in the revealed scriptures, which are corroborated by the realization of great souls
- From these three one achieves the highest goal of life - ecstatic love of Krsna. This is the greatest mercy of Lord Krsna. The evidence is Kalidasa himself
- Further characteristics of devotional service are described by Rupa Gosvami with evidences from different scriptures
- Haridasa Thakura, he was chanting very loudly; Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted very loudly. So what more evidence you want? My Guru Maharaja chanted loudly, we are chanting loudly
- He (Caitanya) cleansed the (Gundica) temple with firm conviction, as is evident from His using His own personal garments for cleaning
- He (Kardama Muni) gives evidence that those who are actually elevated in yoga aspire in life after life to see this form of the Personality of Godhead
- He never claimed that "I am avatara." But we understand from the sastric evidence. He never claimed. Rather, when He was addressed as Krsna He blocked His ears
- He too prays for attachment and devotion to the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, as the words from his own mouth give evidence
- How do you think that the nature machine is working without the supreme operator? God's instruction. How do you think it? This is not very reasonable. We have to judge. There are different evidences. One of the evidence is hypothesis
- How we can recognize God? Some supernatural power, evidence of authorities, scriptural evidence
- If by my bona fide suggestions I can give evidence, that is also accepted. So direct evidence, and, what is called, hypothesis or suggestion evidence. But the strong evidence is sabda-pramana. Sabda, sabda-brahman. That means Vedas
- If one can give evidence from the quotation of the Vedas, then it has to be accepted. Nobody can deny the Vedic evidence. That is the system
- If one chants the exalted holy name of the Lord again & again & yet his love for the S Lord does not develop & tears do not appear in his eyes, it is evident that because of his offenses in chanting, the seed of the holy name of Krsna does not sprout
- In his book named Caitanya-mangala (Caitanya-bhagavata), he has described these pastimes in many places. I request my readers to hear that book, for that is the best evidence
- In this way, like a madman, I have explained the meaning of just one verse. I do not know who will take this as evidence
- It is equally evident that our objects of perception are nothing but the products of the inexhaustible permutations and combinations of the forms taken by natural energy
- It is evident from Lord Krsna’s dealings with Sudama Vipra that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is very, very much pleased with a person who possesses brahminical qualities
- Itihasa means history, and puranani, puranani means old itihasa. All the statements or narrations described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, they're all historical evidence, they're not imagination
- King Yudhisthira, who was much aggrieved, could not be convinced, despite instructions by great sages headed by Vyasa and the Lord Krsna Himself, the performer of superhuman feats, and despite all historical evidence
- Krsna's personal instructions are needed in order to understand the Personality of Godhead as the Supreme Absolute Truth. Bhagavad-gita is the evidence of such transcendental knowledge in gist
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja has herein (Caitanya-caritamrta) presented much authentic evidence from Srimad-Bhagavatam and other scriptures to substantiate the identity of Lord Caitanya with Sri Krsna Himself
- Nakula Brahmacari said, I know that you are doubtful. Now please hear this evidence with great attention"
- Now I have given sixty different meanings of the verse, and yet there is another meaning which is also very strongly evident
- Nowadays it has become a fashion; everyone is becoming guru and he is giving his own opinion, "I think," "In my opinion." That is not guru. Guru means he should give evidences from sastra
- One might argue that since you (Bali) have already promised, how can you refuse? O best of the demons, just take from me (Sukracarya) the evidence of the Bahvrca-sruti, which says that a promise is truthful preceded by the word om and untruthful if not
- One should quote evidence from the sruti - the Vedas or Vedic literature - and then one's statements will be correct. Otherwise one's words will proceed from mental concoction
- Our movement is the greatest gift to the human race. They may not immediately appreciate it, but time will come and history will give evidence that this movement saved the human society from being fallen into barbarianism
- Out of four main types of evidence - direct perception, hypothesis, historical reference and the Vedas - Vedic evidence is accepted as the foremost
- Pramana means evidence, and sruti means Veda. Pratyaksa, anumana, sruti. Pratyaksa means direct, direct evidence, and anumana, hypothesis. That is Darwin's theory, something like that. And sruti, Vedic
- Pratyaksa means "direct evidence." Direct evidence is not very good because our senses are not perfect. We are seeing the sun daily, and it appears to us just like a small disc, but it is actually far, far larger than many planets
- Pratyaksa, direct sense perception, and sabda-pramana, evidence from the Vedic statement, and anumana, hypothesis. So out of all evidences, the evidence which is called, derived from Vedic statement, that is accepted as most authoritative
- Purana means old, old history, Purana. And itihasa means history. But Vedic civilization was concerned with historical evidences which are very, very important
- Purana means that which supplements. So evidences from Purana is as good as the evidence from the Vedic quotation. That is the verdict of Srila Jiva Gosvami
- Since the Kurma Purana was very old, the manuscript was also very old. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took possession of the original leaves in order to have direct evidence. The text was copied onto new leaves in order that the Purana be replaced
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu explained the meaning of the verse by giving evidence concerning Sukadeva Gosvami and the four rsis Sanaka, Sanat-kumara, Sanatana and Sanandana. Thus the Lord gave various meanings and explanations
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's explanation of the verse beginning 'harer nama harer nama (CC Adi 17.21)' is not only pleasing to the ear but is strong, factual evidence
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has attempted to give evidences from various scriptures about all sixty-four qualities present in the person of the Supreme Lord
- Srimad-Bhagavatam, the Mahabharata, the Puranas and other Vedic literatures all give evidence to prove that Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the incarnation of Krsna
- Supporting one's argument with evidence that also supports the opposing side is called jalpa. Merely trying to defeat one's opponent is called vitanda
- That Absolute Truth without a second is Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is the supreme truth in the past, present and future. That is the evidence of all revealed scriptures
- The asuras do not accept any evidential proof from the revealed scriptures, nor do they recognize the authority of the great acaryas. They want to see with their own eyes at once
- The Battle of Kuruksetra was actually fought by the will of the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna, as it is evident from His version, and only by His will was Yudhisthira placed on the throne of Hastinapura
- The best lawyer gives evidence from the past judgment of the court without taking much trouble to establish his case. This is called the parampara system, and learned authorities follow it without manufacturing rubbish interpretations
- The descriptions of Brahman as the effulgence of Lord Caitanya, the Paramatma as His partial representation, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna as identical with Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu must be verified by evidence
- The disciples of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya retaliated, "By what evidence do you conclude that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Lord?" Gopinatha Acarya replied, "The statements of authorized acaryas who understand the S P of Godhead are proof"
- The evidence of the truth of these talks is found in Srimad-Bhagavatam. There, in the section of the Tenth Canto known as the Bhramara-gita, "The Song to the Bumblebee," Srimati Radharani speaks insanely in ecstatic love for Krsna
- The exalted perfection of seeing the Lord is not exaggerated by Kardama Muni. He gives evidence that those who are actually elevated in yoga aspire in life after life to see this form of the Personality of Godhead
- The goddess of fortune is evidence of this, for although she constantly lives on the heart of Narayana, she wants to render service to His lotus feet. She therefore considers herself a maidservant and serves Him constantly
- The King said, "According to evidence given in the revealed scriptures, it is concluded that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Lord Krsna Himself. Why, then, are learned scholars sometimes indifferent to Him"
- The mass of people follow the example of a leader in society and imitate his behavior. They accept as evidence whatever the leader accepts
- The Mayavadi philosopher says that "I am God, but I have forgotten myself, that I am God." So how God can forget? Here it is the evidence. How God can forget? If you forget, then you are not God, immediately. There is no other argument
- The modern historians of this earth cannot supply historical evidences of events that occurred before 5,000 years ago
- The Nagapatnis said, "Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto You, because You are the origin of all scripture & the source of knowledge. You & the root of all evidences, & You are the Supreme Person who can bestow upon us the supreme knowledge"
- The Nagapatnis said, "We are very much astonished to see how You (Krsna) have become so much pleased with this serpent (Kaliya), who evidently performed various religious activities in his past lives that pleased everyone"
- The statements of the personified Vedas give clear evidence that the Vedic literature is presented only for understanding Krsna. The Bhagavad-gita confirms that through all the Vedas it is Krsna alone who has to be understood
- The Vedic literatures composed by the omniscient Mahamuni Vyasadeva are evidence of all spiritual existence. Only through these revealed scriptures can all conditioned souls attain knowledge
- The vivid evidence in this regard is that the dearest consort of Narayana, the goddess of fortune, who is worshiped by all chaste women, gave up everything in her desire to enjoy Krsna, being captivated by His unparalleled sweetness
- There are many authentic Vedic literatures. They are accepted by the spiritual societies. And one's learning is proved if he can give evidences from these Vedic literatures
- There are three kinds of evidences. Out of that, sruti-pramana, evidence from higher authorities, that is the first-class evidence. What are those evidence? Pratyaksa, aitihya and sruti. Pratyaksa means direct perception
- There is additional evidence in the Agastya-samhita, "A person who is engaged duly in the service of Lord Ramacandra is also not required to discharge the ritualistic principles which are indicated in the Vedic supplimentaries"
- There is additional evidence in the Agastya-samhita, "As the regulative principles of scripture are not required by a liberated person"
- There is more evidence in Padma Purana, in the Kasikhanda portion, where it is said, "In the country known as Mayuradhvaja, the lower caste people who are considered less than sudras are also initiated in the Vaisnava cult of devotional service"
- They have created this working civilization, "Work very hard, very hard." That's all. In this Rome city you can see. There are evidences. These buildings are constructed with hard labor. Now those rascals have gone, and they are maintaining that
- They have deserted the religious places erected by their forefathers. This is evidence that religion is generally performed for the sake of economic development, and economic development is required for sense gratification
- They should never consider leaving or selling that building, but they should stay there as Radha and Krishna are staying, and it is a nice temple as evidence by the fact that over 250 people attended the Sunday feast by your report
- This evidence from Srimad-Bhagavatam gives assurance to the pure devotee of being elevated to association with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- This is the secret of modern fashionable interpretation. Suppose you have got some conviction, and if you want to establish it by evidence of an approved literature
- This statement by Krsna gives evidence of how one can please the Supreme Lord simply by addressing Him: "Hey, Krsna! Hey, Govinda!"
- This statement of Paurnamasi is evidence that ecstatic love for Krsna is sometimes manifested through belching
- This statement of the Bhavisya Purana gives evidence that by observing different functions in relationship with the Lord one is sure to become pleasing to the Lord
- Three kinds of evidences. So pratyaksa and aitihya is neglected. According to our Vedic system, sruti-pramana, if it is statement, the statement is there in the sruti, in the Vedas, then we accept
- Thus Srila Rupa Gosvami informed the King about his mind as a way of knowing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He assured the King that whatever occurred in his mind could be considered evidence
- To such a misguided interpreter we may reply, "Why should you suggest such fallacious logic? An interpretation is never accepted as evidence if it opposes the principles of scripture"
- Today I have received the December issue of Back to Godhead. The interview with the London reporter is very important. This should be presented in the courts. It is 95% of the evidence we require to prove that Krishna Consciousness is genuine
- We accept sound as evidence in our daily lives. Although we cannot see the informant, we accept his information as valid on the basis of sound. Sound vibration, then, is very important in the transmission of Vedic knowledge
- We have got evidence from the Vedic literature. But the other party, they have no evidence. They are simply speculationist. We can give some evidence
- We should train our disciples as well as ourselves in such a spirit that even if the whole world is against us, which is impossible to happen, the Sankirtana Movement must be pushed on without any reference to archeological evidence
- When an advanced devotee comes to the point of eternal love for Krsna, no one can deviate him from that position, neither by argument nor by sastric evidence
- Whenever an experienced person develops real knowledge of Krsna and His transcendental qualities, he naturally gives up all other engagements and renders service to the Lord. Uddhava gives evidence concerning this
- Where is the evidence that a chunk explodes automatically? How nonsense theory it is. We haven't got experience. There is explosion of big, big mountains when there is dynamite, and the dynamite is given by some person
- You have recited the sloka beginning with 'siddhantatas tv abhede 'pi. That very verse is evidence that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- You have spread the sankirtana movement of Krsna consciousness. Therefore it is evident that You have been empowered by Lord Krsna. There is no question about it