Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
event | events | eventful
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Event"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- After the news of these events was broadcast, everyone from the surrounding neighborhoods began to pour in to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Akrura, who belonged to the dynasty of Yadu, explained the recent events in Mathura, including Kamsa’s attempt to kill Vasudeva, the father of Krsna
- At this time, Gopinatha Acarya went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the Lord asked him about the events taking place in Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's house
- I am in due receipt of your letter dated 76-12-27 along with two copies of the Russian Easy Journey to Other Planets. Thank you very much. This is very, very good. I'm very pleased. It is another epoch making event
- I am therefore presenting only a synopsis of those events already described elaborately by Vrndavana dasa Thakura in his Caitanya-mangala (now known as Caitanya-bhagavata)
- I think Bhurijana was doing nicely preaching to the Chinese boys but he has written that he is uninspired and feeling incapable and wants to spend more time with his wife. This sudden turn of events is a surprise to me
- I was very gratified to receive your wonderful invitation. The invitation only reached me however after the event had passed. This was due to the fact I was touring in various places
- In childhood a woman should live under the protection of her father, a youthful woman should live under the protection of her young husband, and in the event of the death of her husband she should live under the protection of her grown-up sons
- In the book named Brhaj-jataka and other books there are directions for interpreting the movements of the stars and planets. One who knows the process of calculating the asta-varga (eight divisions) can predict auspicious and inauspicious events
- It will be a great event if the Beatles try to understand this science of Krishna Consciousness with intelligent questions and try to understand it seriously
- Kamsa called all his counselors together & narrated the incidents that happened the night before. All the counselors of Kamsa were demons & eternal enemies of the demigods, so they became depressed upon hearing their master speak of the night’s events
- Krsna and Balarama then learned the art of foretelling events by seeing signs. In a book called Khanara-vacana, the various types of signs and omens are described
- The Battle of Kuruksetra, being the will of the Supreme, was an inevitable event
- The citizens of Mathura began to recite Krsna's pastimes - His birth as the son of Vasudeva, His being taken into the care of Nanda Maharaja and his wife in Gokula, and all those events leading to His coming to Mathura to favor them
- The events of the rest (after twenty-four years) of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's forty-eight years were recorded in the diary of Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, another (like Murari Gupta) of His intimate associates
- The modern historians of this earth cannot supply historical evidences of events that occurred before 5,000 years ago
- The result of understanding these signs (a bucket full of water, an empty bucket, a cow being milked alongside its calf) is that one can foretell events, and Krsna and Balarama learned the science
- The result of understanding these signs is that one can foretell events, and Krsna and Balarama learned the science. They also learned the art of composing matrka
- There are ten offenses which one can commit while chanting the transcendental names, and these should be avoided as far as possible, but in any event, one should try to chant the holy names of the Lord at all times
- Thousands of ideal historical events
- To see God everywhere and in every living entity is not the final word in self-realization; one needs to see Him in all events, in every activity, in every thought influencing everyone's life, including one's own
- We get this historical event from the Srimad-Bhagavatam, that during the time of Maharaja Prthu there was scarcity of food, so the King wanted to punish the earthly deity, because she was not supplying food
- What was my childhood play (Rathayatra) 65 years ago is now a worldwide event. The same Radha-Govindaji worship and Jagannatha worship is going on all over the world
- When Devaki saw her brother actually repentant while explaining ordained events, she was relieved of all anger
- When Lord Krsna was at Vrndavana even the cows would become moistened by affection towards Him, and He would draw milk from the nipples of every affectionate living being, so what to speak of the stepmothers who were already as good as His own mother
- When Sati passed away, giving up her body, the news was conveyed by Narada to Lord Siva. Narada always carries the news of such events because he knows their import
- Why is it that we sometimes in our dreams see what we have never heard of or seen at any time during this life? Here it is stated that even though such events may not be experienced in this life, they were experienced in previous lives