Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ether | ethereal | etheric
Pages in category "Ether"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- According to some philosophers there are seven elements, namely earth, water, fire, air and ether, along with the conscious spirit soul and the Supreme Soul
- After experiencing the inhabitable time of the three modes of material nature, known as two parardhas, Lord Brahma closes the material universe, which is covered by layers of earth, water, air, fire, ether, mind, ego, etc., and goes back to Godhead
- After many millions of years, when Lord Brahma comes to the end of his life, the annihilation of the cosmic manifestation takes place. At that time the five elements - namely earth, water, fire, air and ether - enter into the mahat-tattva
- All the material qualities evolve one after another in the material elements, beginning from ether. By gradual evolution, first one quality develops, then two qualities develop, then three and four, until all five qualities are found in earth
- Earth, water, air, fire, ether - these are the five material elements. In some planet the earth is prominent; in some planet the water is prominent; in other planet the fire is prominent. So this is the creation of God, different varieties
- Earth, water, fire, air, ether, ego and the total material energy, as well as nature, the marginal energy, the living entities, the mind, the senses, the sense objects and the demigods who control the affairs of the cosmos
- Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego are My eightfold separated energies
- Everything in the material world, they're made of five elements: ether, air, and fire, water, and earth. So in somewhere the earth is predominant, somewhere the air is predominant, somewhere the fire is predominant
- Finer than the ether is the mind, and finer than the mind is intelligence, ego. And finer than the intelligence and ego is the soul. So how you can see soul? You cannot see even the material things, as soon it becomes finer. How you can see the soul?
- From all the authoritative statements of the great sages, the Vedic hymns and the aphorisms of the Vedanta-sutra, the components of this world can be understood as follows. First there are earth, water, fire, air and ether
- From ethereal existence, which evolves from sound, the next transformation takes place under the impulse of time, and thus the subtle element touch and thence the air and sense of touch become prominent
- Material body, or the material manifestation, is covered by seven layers: skin, flesh, blood, marrow, bone, fat and semen. The branches of the tree are eight: earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and ego
- Material world is composed of five principal elements - earth, water, fire, air and ether - and all such elements are emanations from Krsna
- O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man
- One after another he (the devotee who reaches Satyaloka) gradually attains stages of existence from earthly to watery, fiery, glowing and airy, until he reaches the ethereal stage
- That subtle forms exist in the ether has been proven by modern science by transmission of television, by which forms or photographs of one place are transmitted to another place by the action of the ethereal element
- The body is nothing but the combination of the five gross elements - namely earth, water, fire, air and ether. Whenever there is a body, it appears that such elements are newly created, but actually the elements are always existing outside of the body
- The devotee thus surpasses the subtle objects of different senses like aroma by smelling, the palate by tasting, vision by seeing forms, touch by contacting, the vibrations of the ear by ethereal identification, and the sense organs by material activities
- The earth, water, fire, air and ether of Vaikuntha are all spiritual. Material elements are not found there
- The first stratum of the covering (water) is calculated to extend eighty million miles, and the subsequent coverings of the universe are respectively of fire, effulgence, air and ether, one after another, each extending ten times further than the previous
- The living body or the dead body, either way it is the same, simply earth, air, water, fire, and ether
- The material body is a combination of earth, water, fire, air and ether. There is already fire within the body, and our practical experience is that the heat of this fire sometimes increases and sometimes decreases
- The material body is composed of five gross elements - earth, water, fire, air and ether - and three subtle elements - mind, intelligence and ego
- The material energy is working. This cosmic manifestation made of earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and ego are the eight ingredients of this material manifestation. So these eight material elements, they are energies, separated energy
- The primordial matter, or prakrti, material nature, consisting of three modes, generates four groups of five. The first group is called elementary and consists of earth, water, fire, air and ether
- The production of the invisible sense objects is the external activity of the ethereal element, and the circulation of vital air and blood is its internal activity
- The sense perception is created from the five elements: earth, water, air, fire, and ether. And above that, there is still finer materials: mind, intelligence, ego. And then, behind that, the soul is there
- The sound is not only in the ether, but sound is on the air. The sound is in the fire, the sound is also in the water, and sound is also on the land. So the basic principle of santa-rasa is there
- The Supreme Brahman, the Personality of Godhead, is the master of both pradhana and purusa. Pradhana means subtle matter, such as ether. Purusa means the spiritual spark living entities who are entangled in that subtle material existence
- The whole world is combination of different material elements, and the gross elements are this earth, water, fire, air, ether
- There are five elements: earth, water, air, fire, ether. So if there is life in the earth, in the water, in the air, in the ether, what fire has done there should be no life?
- There are five gross elements, namely earth, water, fire, air and ether. There are also five subtle elements: smell, taste, color, touch and sound
- There are two natures. Just like you can understand, you are combination of two nature, the material nature and the spiritual nature. This gross body is material nature. It is made of earth, fire, water, air, ether, and mind, intelligence and ego
- This gross body is made of this earth, water, and fire, air, and ether, this gross body, this our whole material body. Now, in this Earth, in this planet, earth is prominent