Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
estimate | estimated | estimates | estimating |inestimable
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Estimate"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- A rough estimate is that the Gita was spoken at least 120,400,000 years ago; and in human society it has been extant for two million years
- Advancement of civilization is estimated not on the growth of mills and factories to deteriorate the finer instincts of the human being, but on developing the potent spiritual instincts of human beings and giving them a chance to go back to Godhead
- Akrura continued, "No one can estimate how many forms and incarnations You (Krsna) have, nor can anyone estimate the number of universes that are existing within You"
- All the people gathered there began to clap in great ecstasy, and no one could estimate the bounds of their pleasure. The brahmanas present began to praise Krsna and Balarama ecstatically
- Ananta Acarya was a reservoir of all good qualities. No one can estimate how great he was. Pandita Haridasa was his beloved disciple
- Arjuna, as a devotee, does not depend on his speculative strength; rather, he admits his limitations as a living entity and acknowledges Krsna's inestimable position
- Because Krsna was unable to estimate the pleasure potency of Radharani, He decided to accept the role of Radharani, and that combination of Krsna and Radharani is Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Being extraordinarily intelligent, the King could understand the whole affair. In his estimation, Mukunda was a most uncommon, exalted, liberated personality
- Brahma said, "It is to be understood that when I, Lord Brahma, the supreme personality of this universe, cannot estimate the childlike body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then what to speak of others?"
- Brahma said, "No one can estimate how You have expanded Your yogamaya and Your incarnations and how You act by Your transcendental energy"
- Brahma said, "That is Your transcendental quality: You are very affectionate toward Your devotees. But in spite of Your great affection for me, I cannot estimate the potency of Your bodily activities"
- Brahma said, "There is so much difference between Your body and mine that I cannot estimate the potency of Your body. As I have already stated in the Brahma-samhita, Your body is not material"
- By rough calculation it is estimated that Srila Rupa Gosvami finished Sri Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu in Gokula Vrndavana in the year 1552
- By the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, one can certainly become spiritually advanced. Indeed, no one can estimate the results of His mercy
- Each Vaikuntha planet is full of spiritual bliss, complete opulence and space, and each is inhabited by incarnations. If Lord Brahma and Lord Siva cannot estimate the length and breadth of the spiritual sky and the Vaikuntha planets
- Even if it were possible to count the atoms after smashing the earth into powder, still it would not be possible to estimate the unfathomable transcendental qualities of the Lord
- He (Lord Caitanya) expounded eighteen different explanations of the verse. In summary, He said that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is full of innumerable potencies; no one can estimate how many transcendental qualities He possesses
- He could not estimate his own position, Paundraka falsely thought himself to be Lord Vasudeva. Thus the messenger declared to Krsna that King Paundraka, the SP, had descended to the earth out of his causeless mercy just to deliver all distressed persons
- I am in due receipt of your letter dated August 21, 1975 with enclosed copies of the master plan and cost estimate of the Hyderabad land. Who has drawn this big scheme
- I have taken quotation from good printing houses in San Francisco for Gitopanisad and it is estimated to cost about $11000.00 for five thousand copies case bound and golden title
- I want to begin work immediately on constructing a temple exactly like Jagannatha's temple in Puri. You can immediately begin to get estimates from contractors. It will be a very important temple
- If a civilized man kills animals regularly in a slaughterhouse to maintain his so-called civilization, using scientific methods and machines to kill animals, one cannot even estimate the suffering awaiting him
- If anyone criticizes him, they must be the fool. He has done so much wonderful service and I appreciate him so much. No amount of your foolish words will touch my estimation
- If I (Lord Brahma) cannot estimate the spiritual potency of Your childlike body, then what can I understand about Your transcendental pastimes?
- Impersonalists interpret this word nirguna as "having no quality." Because they are unable to estimate the qualities of the Lord in transcendental realization, they conclude that the Supreme Lord has no qualities. But that is actually not the position
- In the presence of Kali, Dharma (in the shape of a bull), and the earth (in the shape of a cow), he could actually estimate the general condition of his kingdom, and therefore he at once took proper steps to reestablish the legs of the bull
- In these statements about devotional service, sometimes it may appear that the results have been overestimated; but actually there is no overestimation
- Indian civilization, based on Vedic knowledge, is estimated so high, perfect. Perfect scheme system for human society, based on Vedic civilization. Everything is correctly visioned, and the ideas are given by persons who are above material contamination
- Influenced by the loving affairs of Sivananda Sena, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came again and again. Therefore who can estimate the limits of his love
- It is concluded that the Lord's energies are inconceivable. No one can estimate them by mental speculation or by word jugglery
- It is estimated that at least four hundred men descended in this dynasty (of Raghunandana). All their names are recorded in the village of Sri Khanda
- It is said that Lord Anantadeva has tried to expound the transcendental qualities of the Supreme Lord with His numberless tongues, and that for numberless years together it has been impossible to estimate the qualities of the Lord
- It may be possible for a material scientist to estimate the number of atomic particles which make up this earthly planet, but the scientist cannot enumerate My unlimited names, forms and activities
- No one can estimate the inconceivable potency of Krsna. All the Brahmas who were there were resting in the one body of Krsna
- No one can estimate the opulence of Krsna. That is unlimited. However, just as one sees the moon through the branches of a tree, I wish to give a little indication
- No one can estimate the value of such a large number of cows given in charity, but that was the system of Krsna's daily affairs while He was reigning in Dvaraka
- No one can estimate the wonderful activities of the Supreme Lord, and therefore the Supreme Lord is known as urukrama, the wonderful actor. In the Visvaprakasa dictionary, the word krama is defined as "an expert display of energies"
- No one can even estimate the extent of the unlimited demonstrations of His (Balarama) pastimes because He is all-powerful
- One may estimate the qualities of the Lord at one moment, but the next moment the qualities have increased; so it is not possible to make an estimation of the qualities of the Lord. He is therefore called nirguna, one whose qualities cannot be estimated
- One of the cowherd boys said, "Its (the snake's) mouth appears to be like a big mountain cave, and its height cannot be estimated. The chin is also raised just like a mountain summit"
- One should not uselessly labor in mental speculation to estimate the Lord’s qualities. There is no need of adopting the speculative method or exercising the body to attain mystic yoga perfection
- One's greatness has to be estimated by one's ability to tolerate provoking situations. The sages gathered on the bank of the river Sarasvati concluded that one who wants actual peace & freedom from all fear should take shelter of the lotus feet of Visnu
- Scientist may be able to count the atomic fragments that permeate the sky, or even give an estimate of all the atoms within the universe, but still he will never be able to count the transcendental qualities in Your reservoir of transcendental bliss
- Since no sincere devotee is attracted to sinful actions, as soon as a man becomes a pure devotee he can do inestimable selfless service to society for the peace and prosperity of all concerned, in this life and in the next
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a little embarrassed by the Bhattacarya's statement; therefore He uttered the name Visnu to save Himself. The Lord herein confirms that if one is overestimated, glorification is just another form of blasphemy
- That system of religion which teaches development of God Consciousness is first class. We have to estimate by the result, and not by the formalities. So this movement, KC, very quickly develops this God Consciousness, and it is very easy to adopt it
- The area of the Gundica temple is estimated to be 288 cubits by 215 cubits (a cubit is about a foot and a half). The main temple inside is about 36 cubits by 30 cubits, and the kirtana hall is 32 cubits by 30 cubits
- The day may come when the material scientist, after many, many births or after many, many years, will be able to estimate the atomic constitution of the whole world
- The distance between the sun and the circumference of Anda-golaka, the globe of the universe, is estimated to be twenty-five koti yojanas (two billion miles)
- The gopis prayed to Krsna, "Dear Krsna, from Your navel emanated the original lotus flower, which is the birthsite of Brahma, the creator. No one can estimate Your glories or Your opulence, which therefore remain always a mystery"
- The importance of the school in Dallas cannot be overestimated, both for our ISKCON movement, and for the outsiders as well, indeed it is important for the whole world
- The lady continued, "We cannot estimate how many pious activities were executed by the damsels of Vrajabhumi so that they were able to enjoy the Supreme Personality of Godhead by looking upon the unparalleled beauty of His transcendental body"
- The Lord resides in His Vaikuntha planet. No one can estimate how far away this planet is situated. It is said, however, that anyone trying to reach that planet by airships or by mindships, traveling for millions of years, will find it still unknown
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, who can estimate Your mercy & powerful activities? You are present always as the insurmountable force of eternal time, baffling the indefatigable desires of the materialists, who are thus repeatedly confused & frustrated"
- The modern aeronautics, they estimate, that in order to go to the topmost planet will require forty thousands of years by going in the light year. Just like light year, we have got calculation
- The ocean of the transcendental mellows of devotional service is so big that no one can estimate its length and breadth. However, just to help you taste it, I am describing but one drop
- The opulence of a person within this material world is estimated in terms of his exercise of the genitals and the tongue
- The opulence of a person within this material world is estimated in terms of how well he is able to utilize his sexual capacities and how well he is able to satisfy his fastidious taste by eating palatable dishes
- The pastimes of the Lord in different features can only be estimated partly by the great learned devotees. So Srila Suta Gosvami has rightly taken this position in describing the pastimes of the Lord as far as he has realized
- The personified Vedas continued, "No one can estimate how much the living entity is degraded by entering abominable species of life such as cats and dogs"
- The personified Vedas continued, "No one, not even the mental speculators and the demigods in higher planetary systems, is actually able to estimate the length and breadth of Your form and characteristics"
- The Russian astronomer also confirms that all the planets - which are estimated to be not less than one hundred million - are inhabited
- The spiritual qualities of Krsna are also unlimited. Great personalities like Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and the four Kumaras cannot estimate the spiritual qualities of the Lord
- The students cannot be over-estimated as our best prospects
- The transcendental qualities of Krsna are compared to the ocean: no one can estimate the length and breadth of the ocean. But, as one can understand the ocean's contents simply by testing one drop of it
- There were thousands of rsis in Naimisaranya... When you go to India, you must see this place, Naimisaranya. It is very, very old place. At least, from historical point of view, modern estimate is it is five thousand years old
- They all remained with Govinda to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu; therefore no one could estimate the good fortune of Govinda
- Those who are conquered by lusty desires and anger cannot estimate the glories of Lord Siva, whose position is always transcendental
- Visnu category means they are almost equal to Krsna. It is estimated the Visnu categories, They have ninety-four percent opulence of Krsna. And the next category is Siva category. The Siva category has eighty-four percent
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura estimates that Dhruvaloka, the polestar, is 3,800,000 yojanas above the sun. Above Dhruvaloka by 10,000,000 yojanas is Maharloka, above Maharloka by 20,000,000 yojanas is Janaloka
- We cannot estimate by direct perception, even in this material world, and what to speak of the spiritual world
- We should conclude that if one cannot comprehend the material expansions of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one certainly cannot estimate the expansiveness of the spiritual world
- Who can estimate the transcendental fortune of the residents of Vrndavana? They were personally seeing the S. P. of Godhead face to face, He whom many yogis cannot find even after undergoing severe austerities, although He is sitting within their hearts
- Who can estimate where, how and when You are employing Your spiritual energy and performing Your pastimes? No one can understand the mystery of these activities