Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
escape | escaped | escapes | escaping | escapism | escapist | escapists
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Escape"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- According to Vedic civilization, the ultimate perfection of life is to take sannyasa, but at the present moment people do not know why sannyasa is accepted. They think that one accepts sannyasa to escape social responsibilities
- Animal, sometimes facing enemy, close the eyes, as if there is no enemy, so they do like that. Children, when there is danger, they close the eyes. They have no other means to escape. So these people, they close the eyes. "There is no life after death."
- Anyone who has understood that the material worlds are places of misery and temporaryness, they never return here again, and because they are mahatmanah, the great souls, Krishna keeps them with Him, having qualified themselves to escape this nasty place
- Before he could escape even a few steps, however, Balaramaji immediately captured him, and because the King (of Kalinga) had always shown his teeth while criticizing Balarama and Krsna, Balarama broke all the King's teeth with His club
- By careful handling of the smoke in the fire, fire can be made to blaze. Therefore the human form of life is a chance for the living entity to escape the entanglement of material existence
- By theoretical knowledge you cannot escape. It must be practiced
- By Vidura's warning the Pandavas escaped through a tunnel underneath the earth so that their escape was also unknown to Dhrtarastra
- Caitanya says, "Since there were restrictions against taking the sandalwood out of the Orissa province, the toll official confiscated the stock, Madhavendra Puri showed him the release papers given by the government & consequently escaped difficulties"
- Citizens, will be so harassed that they will give up hearth and home and will go to the forest (yasyanti giri-kananam) to escape harassment by government officials who have no mercy and are addicted to the ways of plunderers
- He killed them just as the leader of a pack of boars kills barking dogs, one after another. In this way, Aniruddha was able to escape the palace
- Hundreds of thousands of examples can be cited of people who have escaped the greatest dangers of life due to a slight advancement in Krsna consciousness. We therefore request everyone to take advantage of this great transcendental literary work
- I am old man of eighty years; still, I am busy. I am traveling all over the world, writing book at night, talking with visitors, and so many things. You can see. So where we are escaping? We are the most responsible worker
- If at any stage of life the grossly foolish miscreants described in the Gita decide to render devotional service to Lord Krsna, they can escape the ferris wheel of karma
- If somebody says, "Oh, why shall I serve God?" all right, then you shall have to serve dog. That's all. Therefore he is befooled. He does not know that he has to serve somebody. His constitutional position is like that. He cannot escape
- In order to make an escape from this material condition, one is advised to visit a temple of Visnu with devotional consciousness. Then one can very easily get out of the miserable condition of material birth
- It is our duty to accept the remnants of offerings made to Visnu, to escape the reactions of all sinful actions committed unconsciously and unavoidably
- O Suta Gosvami, there are those amongst men who desire freedom from death and get eternal life. They escape the slaughtering process by calling the controller of death, Yamaraja
- One does not accept sannyasa to escape from responsibility to society. Generally one accepts sannyasa at the fourth stage of spiritual life. One begins as a brahmacari then becomes a grhastha, a vanaprastha and finally a sannyasi
- One may succeed in avoiding many kinds of sin, but it is impossible to escape committing the five great sins called panca-suna
- One who has no such realization (that a Krsna conscious person can do everything for the satisfaction of Krsna) must mechanically try to escape material desires before being elevated to the top rung of the yoga ladder
- Only a devoted person can accept the logic of fully surrendering unto Krsna and can thus adopt the process of karma-yoga to escape the dangerous bondage of work
- Only a devotee of the Lord, who is attracted by Krsna, can escape the lures of woman. Once one is attracted by Krsna, the illusory energy of the world cannot attract him
- Sakara Mallika, who was later to become Srila Sanatana Gosvami, took advantage of his brother's personal money, which had been deposited with a village banker, and escaped from the prison of Hussain Shah. In this way both brothers joined Lord Caitanya
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'The conditioned souls are struggling very hard to escape from material bondage, and according to their different conditions of life they have been given different types of engagement'"
- Seeing his (Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami's) tendency to leave home, his father and uncle engaged special bodyguards to watch over him, but nevertheless he managed to escape their vigilance and went away to Jagannatha Puri to meet Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- So far we are concerned, Krsna conscious men, we are above varnasrama. But to show the people that we are not escaping, we can take part in any order of life. That is our position
- The assurances and challenges made by Maharaja Pariksit are never exaggerations of his real power. The Maharaja said that even the denizens of heaven could not escape his stringent government if they were violators of religious principles
- The foolish accuse a devotee of following the principle of escapism, but actually the fact is that a devotee is the right person to elevate his family. A devotee engages everything in the service of the Lord, and therefore he is always exalted
- The human life, however, is an opportunity to get out of this repetition of creation and annihilation. It is a means whereby one may escape the Lord's external potency and enter into His internal potency
- The kings continued: "The time element is so strong that no one can escape its influence; therefore we have received the reactions of our atrocious activities, and we are now bereft of all opulences and stand before You (Krsna) like street beggars"
- The Vedas, therefore, give us a chance for escape by pointing out the paths of religion, economic comfort, regulated sense gratification and, at last, the means to get out of the miserable condition entirely
- There is a struggle for existence, but although we speak of survival of the fittest, no one can escape death without becoming a devotee of the Lord
- There, however, the watchmen alertly kept guard. Raghunatha dasa was thinking of various means by which to escape their vigilance
- They (Samba, Pradyumna, Caru, Bhanu and Gada) could understand that the animal was trapped and could not escape by its own effort, so out of compassion they tried to take the large lizard out of the well
- Thus Raghunatha dasa thought deeply about how to escape, and one night while he was sleeping on the Durga-mandapa, the priest Yadunandana Acarya entered the house when only four dandas remained until the end of the night
- We are not dull matter. We have got our flexible hands and legs to work. People think that "These Krsna conscious men, Hare Krsna people, they are escaping." What is that, escaping? We are not escaping. We are practically taking the real activities
- We are rendering service. Either you are rendering service in office, or to your family, or to your cat, or to your dog, or to your government, or to your society - you must be giving some service. There is no escape
- We have very little chance of escaping this bondage of action and reaction - work and its fruitive results. Even after abdicating all work and accepting the life of a sannyasi, or renunciant, one still has to work, if only for his hungry stomach
- We must love. There is no escape. I must love somebody, because the propensity's there. So the original love is for Krsna. But because we have forgotten Krsna, therefore our love is distributed in so many ways
- We should not die like cats and dogs. That is the difference. We may die. We must die. Nobody can escape death, but before death we must know what is self and self-realization
- When the potencies of spiritual pleasure and knowledge are both bestowed upon the conditioned souls, the conditioned souls can escape the clutches of the external potency
- When the potencies of spiritual pleasure and knowledge are both bestowed upon the conditioned souls, the conditioned souls can escape the clutches of the external potency, maya, which acts as a cover obscuring one's spiritual identity
- When there is emotion due to the presence of an enemy, one looks for a fatal weapon and tries to escape
- While this was going on, Raghunatha dasa thought of a tricky method of escape. Thus he humbly submitted this plea at the feet of the Muslim caudhuri
- You can say that "We are escaping this horrible condition of life: meat-eating, drinking and intoxication." We are escaping that, these thing, not escaping happiness. You are escaping happiness
- You may see me at Nilacala, Jagannatha Puri, when I return after visiting Vrndavana. By that time you can think of some trick to escape