Envying a Spiritual Master
Pages in category "Envying a Spiritual Master"
The following 5 pages are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Hiranyakasipu was envious of his little son Prahlada, but Prahlada Maharaja asked a benediction for the benefit of his father
- Krsna says, "One should know the acarya as Myself and never disrespect him in any way. One should not envy him, thinking him an ordinary man, for he is the representative of all the demigods"
- One should treat the spiritual master as the Supreme Personality of Godhead and never be envious of him or consider him to be an ordinary human being
- The acarya should always be offered respectful obeisances; one should never envy the acarya, considering him an ordinary human being
- The third offense at the lotus feet of the holy name, which is called guror avajna, is to consider the spiritual master to be material and therefore to envy his exalted position