Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
enmity | enmities
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Enmity"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- A devotee does not create enmity with anyone, but if someone becomes his enemy, that person will be vanquished by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, despite whatever benedictions he may have received from other sources
- A devotee of the Lord does not like to associate with nondevotees, although he has no enmity with them. He desires association with the devotees of the Lord
- A devotee or saintly person should not be dreadful to others, nor should anyone be a source of dread to him. If one treats others with nonenmity, then no one will become his enemy. There is the example, however, of Jesus Christ, who had enemies
- A person influenced like this (misunderstanding this material body to be his self) engages in enmity only due to the material body. Being engaged in such activities, we forget our eternal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Although each thought that she was the only wife of Krsna and was very, very dear to Him, Lord Krsna, being atmarama, self-sufficient, felt neither attraction nor enmity toward any one of them
- Balarama instructed Rukmini that her affection toward her brother Rukmi, who had created enmity with so many persons, was a perverse consideration befitting an ordinary materialist
- Because of enmity between Brhaspati and Sukra, Sukra took the side of the moon-god and was joined by the demons
- Both parties (the demons and the demigods) in that fight were extremely angry at heart, and in enmity they beat one another with swords, arrows and varieties of other weapons
- Demons like Kamsa, Sisupala and Dantavakra attain the Brahman effulgence because they constantly meditate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead out of enmity
- Due to the cheating propensity, both parties (people who are friends) always remain envious. Even in Krsna consciousness, separation and enmity take place due to the prominence of material propensities
- Duryodhana had been put into illusion by the supreme will of Lord Krsna, and this was the beginning of the enmity between the two sects of the Kuru dynasty. This appeared to be a part of Krsna’s plan in His mission to decrease the burden of the world
- Enmity always blazed in Rukmi’s heart because of his having been insulted by Krsna's kidnapping of his sister, Rukmini, Rukmi could not resist consenting to the marriage ceremony just to please Rukmini when his daughter selected Pradyumna as her husband
- Every living entity is born ignorant, misunderstanding this material body to be his self. This conception of life is due to ignorance, and on the basis of this ignorance we create enmity or friendship
- In this world there are many deceptive friends in false garbs, but eventually, because of their false behavior, their actual enmity becomes manifest
- In war either the husband or the brother or even the father or sons go to fight. And when they are killed, a fresh enmity is created, and thus a chain of actions and reactions increases which is not possible to be counteracted
- Instead of paper currency, actual gold coins should be used for exchange, and this will stop prostitution of gold. Gold ornaments for women may be allowed by control, not by quality, but by quantity. This will discourage lust, envy and enmity
- It was family war. So the friends divided, "I will join you." It was sporting. For the ksatriya fighting is sporting. They have football match. They did not take it as enmities. Just in the evening they are friends
- Krsna thought that "I have sucked her (Putana) breast, so she is My mother. She must go to the same destination as Yasoda Ma." Just see. That is His enmity
- Krsna's inimical actions are not displays of enmity toward His so-called enemies, but in the material field one thinks that He is favorable to devotees and unfavorable to nondevotees
- Krsna's mercy is not exhibited in partiality towards one and enmity towards another
- Kurus said, "Our dear Lord (Balarama), You have appeared on this earth in Your transcendental body just for the maintenance of the cosmic situation. You are above all anger, envy and enmity"
- Lamentation, jubilation, fearfulness, envy, greed, illusion and madness are different features of our material concept of life. A person influenced like this engages in enmity only due to the material body
- Lord Siva, the spiritual master of the entire world, is free from enmity, is a peaceful personality, and is always satisfied in himself. He is the greatest among the demigods
- Regretfully, the big politicians and leaders in the material world simply create enmity and are not interested in spiritual advancement
- Rukmini continued, "You say You always maintain enmity with the worldly kings. But who are the worldly kings? I think the they are the senses. They are most formidable, they control everyone. Certainly You maintain enmity with these material senses"
- Taking advantage of this opportunity, the demons, remembering their former enmity, began to vanquish the three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems
- The adherents of Kamsa were all influenced by the mode of passion as well as illusioned by the mode of ignorance, and their only business was to create enmity with saintly persons. Such activities can only reduce one's duration of life
- The good instruction given by Lord Balarama to Bhimasena and Duryodhana was intended for the equal benefit of both of them. But they were so enwrapped in anger against each other that they could remember only their long-standing personal enmity
- The Lord is supremely perfect, and whenever He enacts His transcendental pastimes as a son, a rival or an object of enmity, He plays the part so perfectly that even pure devotees like Uddhava are bewildered
- The personality of Kali asked for something more, and because of his begging, the King gave him permission to live where there is gold because wherever there is gold there is also falsity, intoxication, lust, envy and enmity
- The personality of Kali became gold-standardized. According to Srimad-Bhagavatam, gold encourages falsity, intoxication, prostitution, envy and enmity. Even a gold-standard exchange and currency is bad
- Their mutual enmity aroused, Pradyumna fought fiercely against Samba, Akrura against Kuntibhoja, Aniruddha against Satyaki, Subhadra against Sangramajit, Sumitra against Suratha, and the two Gadas against each other
- Their only business was to create enmity with saintly persons. Such activities can only reduce one’s duration of life. The demons accelerated the process and invited their deaths as soon as possible
- There may be rivalries & apparent competition between servants in performing service, but in the Vaikuntha planets the service of another servant is appreciated not condemned. This is Vaikuntha competition. There is no question of enmity between servants
- This material world is simply an embarrassment and is composed of tribulations presented as happiness, distress, attachment, enmity and envy
- When human society gives up these elementary faults enumerated by Srila Rupa Gosvami (atyahara, etc.), all enmity will cease between men and animals, capitalists and communists, and so forth
- When one possesses material opulence in any of these three divisions (upper, lower and middle planetary systems) of the universe, his possessions naturally increase his enmity, anxiety, mental agitation, pride and belligerence
- With the growth of the body, the living entity, in order to vanquish his soul, increases his false prestige and anger and thereby creates enmity towards similarly lusty people