"eat meat and flesh, fish"|"eating flesh or fish"|"eat meat, fish"|"eat meat and fish"|"eat anything contaminated by flesh or fish"|"eat fish"|"eat the small fish"|"eat a fish"|"eats the fish"|"eating of meat, fish"|"eating many fish"|"eats the material body of a large, old fish"|"eating meat, flesh and fish"|"fish-eating"|"eating fish"|"eaten by the big fishes"|"eating meat, fish"|"Eating flesh, fish"|"eats the most abominable, most rotten fish"|"You give Me meat or egg or fish"|"Meats, fish"|"eating of fish"|"Amisa, meat, egg, fish"|"fish-eaters"|"eating, fish"|"fish eating"|"fish is eating another small fish"|"eaten some fish"|"fish is coming to eat"|"eat anything else that isn't fish"|"eat Jagannatha-prasada with fish"|"eating, no eggs, no fish"|"eating, no meat, fish"|"eats fish"|"eat all the fishes"|"eat rice and fish"|"no fish"|"eat some fish"|"fish or egg eating"|"fish or egg, eating"|"fish, or eggs"|" fish or eggs"
- VedaBase query: "fish* eat*"@10
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Amisa (5 P)
Pages in category "Eating Fish"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Because of this vaisnava-aparadha (when Garuda wanted to eat fish, Saubhari Muni unnecessarily gave the fish shelter under his care), an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava, Saubhari Muni fell from his exalted position of mystic tapasya
- Because the real fact is they do not want to give up meat-eating and fish-eating. Therefore they like Vivekananda. That is the real reason. And Caitanya Mahaprabhu's movement, Vaisnava, they have to give up so many things. That is the disease
- If one is the spiritual leader or political leader or brahmana, he must give up four principles of sinful life: illicit sex life, intoxication, gambling and meat-eating, fish-eating
- If you associate with a really sadhu, if you execute really devotional service, these anarthas will be vanquished. That is the symptom. No more illicit sex. No more intoxication. No more gambling. No more meat-eating, fish-eating, egg-eating
- In the month of Sravana one should not eat spinach, in the month of Bhadra one should not eat yogurt, and in the month of Asvina one should not drink milk. One should not eat fish or other nonvegetarian food during the month of Karttika
- One should not eat fish or other nonvegetarian food during the month of Karttika. A nonvegetarian diet means fish and meat. Similarly, masura dhal and urad dhal are also considered nonvegetarian
- Our point is that in the house or skyscraper we shall simply accommodate for occupants either guests or purchasers. So these purchasers must be a devotee, that is, no intoxication, no gambling, no meat or fish, like that
- Sisya says, "My dear guru, if I do not eat meat and fish, my health will fail." "All right, I order you. Under my order you can do that." This kind of compromise from guru is not there. That is not guru
- So far foodstuffs offered do the needful. Whatever is available and also very nice, that is offerable, as long as no meat, fish, eggs, garlic, onions, or other very objectionable foodstuffs are there
- Some persons are attracted to the eating of meat, fish, crabs, eggs and other things produced by semina and blood and eaten in the form of dead bodies
- That the people of Orissa and Bengal eat fish in their private homes is a fact. But they do not offer anything like that to the Lord Jagannatha. The Lord is offered all nice foodstuffs as we are striving to do in our all our temples here
- The real fact is they (the Bengalis) do not want to give up meat-eating and fish-eating. Therefore they like Vivekananda
- The Vaisnavas are trained to become freed from the four kinds of sinful activities - illicit sex, indulgence in intoxicants, gambling and eating animal foods
- These are the very prominent program for sense gratification. What is that? Vyavaya. Vyavaya means sex life. Amisa. Amisa means eating fish and meat. Amisa. And madya-seva, intoxication. This is the general tendency of anyone who is in the material world
- We do not allow anyone become a preacher unless he is strictly following the Vaisnava principles of no eating meat, fish, or eggs; no sex outside of marriage; no gambling; and no taking any kind of intoxication whatsoever
- When Garuda wanted to eat fish, Saubhari Muni unnecessarily gave the fish shelter under his care. Because Garuda's plans for eating were disappointed, Saubhari Muni certainly committed a great offense to a Vaisnava
- When you have got such orange, such nice fruits, and rice and dahl and milk, why should you eat fish? After all, you have to eat something. If such nice foods are not available, you can eat fish. But when very nice foods are available, why should you?
- Whenever a somebody comes to me for becoming my disciple, my first principle is that you must give up illicit sex life. You must give up meat eating, fish eating, egg eating, all this nonsense