Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Duties of a Devotee of God
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Duties of a Devotee of God"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- A devotee is never fearful of his death, for he meditates on the Supreme Personality of Godhead always, not for any material profit, but as his duty. The Lord, however, knows how to protect His devotee
- A devotee must execute his prescribed duties, which are glorious, without material profit. Without excessive violence, one should regularly perform one's devotional activities
- A devotee never prays to Krsna. They have to undergo so much trouble; still they never pray to Krsna. They know that "Krsna will give us ultimately protection. Let us do our duty"
- A devotee should also perform the duties of his practical life in Krsna consciousness
- A devotee should be blameless because any offense by the devotee is a scar on the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The devotee's duty is to be always conscious in his dealings with others, especially with another devotee of the Lord
- A devotee's duty is to ungrudgingly accept tribulations from the Lord as a benediction
- A pure devotee of the Lord is exactly in a family tie with the Lord, and therefore he is undeterred in discharging his duty in a full affectionate tie with the Lord
- Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. Everyone should be induced to accept this order, for this is victory. And it is the duty of the soldier, the devotee, to impress upon everyone this philosophy of life
- An advanced devotee has no desire to enjoy or reject anything. His only duty is to accept whatever is favorable for the advancement of Krsna consciousness
- An expert devotee of the Lord can mold his life in such a way that while performing all kinds of duties either for this or the next life, he can constantly remember the Lord's name, fame, qualities, etc
- If everyone has got the potency to go back to home, back to Godhead, it is the duty of the Vaisnava to educate the whole world how to go back to home, back to Godhead. This is Krsna consciousness movement
- If one is devotee, he cannot sit down silently. He wants to preach God's glories to others, even at the risk of life, like Lord Jesus Christ did it. Even at the risk of life, he preached God consciousness. That is the duty of a devotee
- In other words, a devotee should engage himself not only in the prescribed duties of devotional service which are mentioned in the revealed scriptures, but he should also perform the duties of his practical life in Krsna consciousness
- In the material world a servant works when money is paid, wages. A devotee is not like that. A devotee serves Krsna out of duty. That is God consciousness
- In the system of Vaisnava activities, the first duty is to accept a devotee as spiritual master and then to render service unto him
- It is the duty of the transcendental students to hear of pure devotees, as explained by similar devotees of the Lord, because one cannot explain about the Lord or His devotee unless one happens to be a pure devotee himself
- Sad-dharma, or duty performed for going back to Godhead and thus becoming His (Krsna's) unalloyed devotee, is the only pious activity; all others may pretend to be pious, but actually they are not
- Sri Krsna put to test many of His pure devotees just to magnify the sense of duty. The gopis were put to such tests as well. Prahlada Maharaja also was put to such a test. All pure devotees come out successful in the respective tests
- Such a Vaisnava (a maha-bhagavata first-class devotee) is always aware of his Krsna conscious duty, and he is enlightened in self-realization
- The devotees of the Lord, who are all confidential servitors, are sometimes perplexed in the discharge of their respective duties, but they are never discouraged
- The Lord in His form of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted the cult of devotional service to the Lord to be preached all over the world, in every nook and corner, and therefore a pure devotee's duty is to discharge this order as far as possible
- The Lord is very kind to His devotees, and He is very grateful, able and magnanimous. It is our duty to believe His words, and if we are intelligent and educated enough, we will follow His instructions without hesitation
- The pure devotee is not at all attached to improving his social status or improving the status of education of his children. He is not neglectful - he is dutiful - but he does not spend too much time on the upliftment of temporary household or social life
- The Vaisnava devotees, they are not very much anxious to see God. They know, "Why God shall come to me? He is so busy, He has got so many business. Let me do my duty"
- Thus it is the duty of every sincere devotee to accept the arca-vigraha at home or in the temple and worship the form of the Lord as advised in authorized scriptures and directed by the spiritual master
- When householder devotees perform some Vedic ritualistic duties, they do so to satisfy Krsna. As we have previously discussed, any activity aiming at satisfying the Supreme Personality of Godhead is considered devotional service
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead reveals Himself to the pure devotee, the devotee has no other duty than to offer Him respectful obeisances. The Absolute Truth reveals Himself to the devotee in His form. He is not formless