drown | drowned | drowning | drowns
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Drown"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- A drop from the ocean of Your (Caitanya's) mercy can drown great mountains like Sumeru and Mandara. Since these two gentlemen are little hills by comparison, it is no wonder that they are being drowned in the ocean of Your mercy
- A drowning man with a heavy weight on his head is sure to go down more swiftly than those who have no heavy weight
- A father and mother cannot protect their child, a physician and medicine cannot relieve a suffering patient, and a boat on the ocean cannot protect a drowning man
- All living entities, the human beings, who are afflicted by Kali-yuga, as well as sub-human beings, must be drowned in the floodwaters of krsna-prema
- As soon as there is a little deficiency we must repair it or it will create a big hole and the ship will drown
- If a planet is destroyed, it must fall into the water of garbha. The earth therefore warned King Prthu that he could gain nothing by destroying her. Indeed, how would he protect himself and his citizens from drowning in the garbha water
- If the atmosphere is all right, the boat can ply very easily, undoubtedly, but if there is some storm, fog, wind or cloud, there is every possibility of being drowned in the ocean
- In spite of all scientific protection, in spite of all good brains behind the manufacture of this Titanic ship, it was drowned
- In spite of valuable medicine administered by a competent physician, sometimes a patient dies; or in spite of having a big safe boat, sometimes a man drowns
- In the material condition, the living entity is sometimes raised to higher planetary systems and material prosperity and sometimes drowned in a hellish situation
- Medicine and a physician cannot save one from death, nor can a boat or similar means of protection save a person drowning in the water, for everything is controlled by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- My uncle Dhrtarastra was also very mortified due to the death of all his sons and grandsons. Undoubtedly I am very ungrateful. Did he, therefore, take my offenses very seriously and, along with his wife, drown himself in the Ganges?
- O almighty Lord, at the end of the millennium this planet earth, which is the source of all kinds of herbs, drugs and trees, was inundated by water and drowned beneath the devastating waves
- One who defies temple worship without any knowledge of the science must know that his so-called turban or crown will only succeed in further drowning him in the water of the ocean of material existence
- Otherwise (if one does not follow Krsna's instructions) one will be cheated by unauthorized meditation and gymnastic methods of yoga. Thus one will board a boat of stone, which will sink and drown all its passengers
- Seeing that the Mayavadis and others were fleeing, Lord Caitanya thought, "I wanted everyone to be immersed in this inundation of love of Godhead, but some of them have escaped. Therefore I shall devise a trick to drown them also"
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung: My dear brothers, sometimes you are drowning in the waves of material nature, and sometimes you are tossed like a swimmer struggling in the ocean
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura sings: My dear living entities, you are being carried away by the waves of material nature. Sometimes you are on the surface, sometimes you are being drowned. In this way your eternal life is being spoiled
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura therefore says in a song, miche mayara vase, yaccha bhese', khaccha habudubu, bhai: "Why are you suffering? Why are you sometimes being drowned in the waves of material nature and sometimes coming to the surface?"
- Tell him, I looked for him a long time, but I could not find any trace of him. He jumped in with his shackles, and therefore he was drowned and washed away by the waves
- The cow-shaped earth continued: My dear King, I am just like a strong boat, and all the paraphernalia of the world is standing upon me. If you break me to pieces, how can you protect yourself and your subjects from drowning?
- The demons, our formidably powerful enemies, have taken away our opulence, our beauty, our fame and even our residence. Indeed, we have now been exiled, and we are drowning in an ocean of trouble
- The Krsna consciousness movement will inundate the entire world and drown everyone, whether one be a gentleman, a rogue or even lame, invalid or blind
- The Lord (Krsna) said, "Some time back you caused the drowning of the son of Our teacher. I order you to return him"
- They (Sandipani Muni and his wife) decided to ask for the return of their son, who had drowned in the ocean near the shore at Prabhasa-ksetra
- Those bewildered by the spell of Your (Krsna's) external energy embrace the threefold miseries of material existence & are subjected to the dualities of pain and pleasure, sometimes drowning in the ocean of attachment and sometimes being taken out of it
- When the five members of the Panca-tattva saw the entire world drowned in love of Godhead and the seed of material enjoyment in the living entities completely destroyed, they all became exceedingly happy
- When the sun sets on the horizon, it appears that the sun drowns in the ocean, but factually the sun has no difficulty. Similarly, although Dhruva appeared to drown in the ocean of the Yaksas, he had no difficulty
- Without replying to a word of Krsna's statement, she (Rukmini) simply cried in great anxiety, as if drowning in an ocean of grief. She silently scratched the floor with her toenails, which reflected reddish light on the floor