Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
divert | diverted | divertedly | diverting | diverts | diversions | diversionary | diversion
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Divert"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- Although the order of his father could not be rejected, the Prince did not welcome it. Thus he very conscientiously raised the question of whether he might be diverted from devotional service by accepting the responsibility of ruling over the world
- At the present moment I do not think the society can invest any money in New Vrindaban, for the reason that we are starting this press, and until this press is all established I do not wish to divert my attention
- Because the Lord associated with various devotees during the day, His mind was somewhat diverted, but at night the pangs of separation from Krsna increased very rapidly
- But people's attentions are diverted by so many nonsense literatures, and they are not interested to inquire from the real source of knowledge, real treasurehouse of knowledge
- If the mystic yogi is diverted by the accompanying feats of mystic control, then his mission of yogic success is a failure, because the ultimate aim is God realization
- In order to stop this stupidity of serving our senses, which will never come to an end, simply increase our bondage, we have to come to the spiritual master. He'll teach how to convert or to divert the activities of the senses to please Krsna
- In this age, men are victims not only of different political creeds & parties, but also of many different types of sense-gratificatory diversions, such as cinemas, sports, gambling, clubs, mundane libraries, bad association, smoking, drinking, cheating
- O Lord of Madhu, as the Ganges forever flows to the sea without hindrance, let my attraction be constantly drawn unto You without being diverted to anyone else
- One shaves his cheeks with a sharp razor very nicely, but as soon as his attention is diverted from the activity, he immediately cuts his cheek because he mishandles the razor
- Our attention is usually diverted to the service of something which is nongodly or not in the program of the Lord
- The bad leader (in the forest of material existence) is diverted intelligence. Intelligence is meant for Krsna consciousness, but due to material existence we divert all our intelligence to achieve material facilities
- The example of the boat disturbed by whirling wind is suitable in this respect. The diverted mind of the pantheist can never reach the perfection of self-realization, due to the disturbed condition of the selection of object
- The nerves through which inhalation and exhalation are conducted are technically called ida and pingala. The ultimate purpose of clearing the ida and pingala passages is to divert the mind from material enjoyment
- The real yoga system is to divert the mind towards God, to control the mind from material engagement and divert it to spiritual engagement, or bhakti-yoga
- The Vaisnava philosophy recommends yukta-vairagya. It is not that all attention should be diverted for the maintenance of the body, but at the same time one's bodily maintenance should not be neglected
- This devotional service is not artificial. In every one of you there is dormant devotional service, as I have already explained, but they are exhibited in a different way. Instead of loving God, that devotional service is diverted in loving a dog
- This Krsna consciousness movement is trying to educate men that "After all, you are servant. You have to serve somebody. You are now serving your senses. Now just divert your service to Krsna, or God, and you will be happy. That's all"
- To become married is no impediment for advancement in Krishna Consciousness. One should be vigilant only that he is not diverting from Krishna Consciousness
- To counteract this tendency, we have to divert our talking to the subject of Krsna
- To stop the bumblebees from landing on the face of His beloved, He whisked them away with the lotus flower in His hand, and thus His mind was slightly diverted
- We must always remember that false pride, or too high an estimation of one's own values of life, undue attachment to women or association with them, and intoxication will divert human civilization from the path of peace
- Whatever guru has said accept it, finally. Ara na kariha mane asa. Don't divert from this. This is the instruction. How you can divert from the instruction of guru?
- When a person is missing the aim of life, his energy is diverted in different misleading ways