Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dish | dished | dishes
- VedaBase query: dish or dished or dishes not "palatable dish" not "palatable dishes"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Palatable Dishes (32 P)
Pages in category "Dishes"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- After being worshiped by Advaita Acarya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would take the dish containing flowers and tulasi and, with whatever paraphernalia remained, worship Advaita Acarya
- After he finished cooking, he brought separate dishes for Jagannatha and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After the Vaisnavas finished eating, they would throw away their leaf dishes, and Kalidasa would come out of hiding, take the leaves and lick up the remnants
- An earthen water jug, after being broken, may be transformed into a bowl or dish, but either as a dish, bowl or water jug, the earth itself continues to exist
- Deal with them very cautiously because these men are not Krishna Conscious and are very much brittle like china clay dishes. Once broken it cannot be joined together. That means spoiled
- Do not eat luxurious dishes or dress in fine garments, but always remain humble and serve Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha-Krsna in your heart of hearts
- It does not mean that one who is taking care of dressing the Deity, he is higher than the man who is washing the dishes. No. They are not karma. By washing dishes he is executing devotional service, and by dressing the Deity he is also
- It was customary that food be offered to the Lord at vipra-sasana. Indeed, innumerable dishes of food were offered, and Lord Jagannatha tasted each one of them
- So far your keeping your job is concerned, if you are still engaged in that dishwashing job, you should give it up. That kind of work is meant for sudras, not for the brahmanas
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "Maharaj Ambarisa was able to offer very nice prasadam to Krsna because he was a king and had no scarcity of finance. He used to offer Krsna the most royal dishes and would then taste the remnants as Krsna-prasadam"
- The earthen pot or water jug may be broken or transformed into another shape, such as that of a dish or bowl, but the ingredient, or the material basis, namely the earth, continues to be the same
- The forms of a water jug, bowl or dish are false, but their existence as earth is real. This is the impersonalists' version. This cosmic manifestation is certainly produced from the Absolute Truth, but because its existence is temporary, it is false
- There is no difference between selling the books and temple worship. Or washing the dish. There's no difference, because it is all transcendental
- There is variegatedness in transcendental activities. Sometimes we like to chant, sometimes we like to wash dishes. There is no difference on the Absolute plane. I am sure Krishna will give you all intelligence to work transcendentally
- There isn't any difference between chanting the Holy Name at the same time washing the dishes of the Temple. So do not be worried when you are attracted for doing other work in the Temple
- There then arrived five or seven loads of plates made of the leaves of the ketaki tree. Each man was supplied ten of these plates, and in this way the leaf dishes were distributed
- To offer Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu various types of food, all the wives of the great devotees brought from home various dishes that pleased Caitanya Mahaprabhu