Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Diksa"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- The advancement of knowledge and consciousness. So for that divyam, knowledge, one has to be initiated. Divyam. Diksa means beginning of transcendental knowledge
- The spiritual master awakens the sleeping living entity to his original consciousness so that he can worship Lord Visnu. This is the purpose of diksa, or initiation. Initiation means receiving the pure knowledge of spiritual consciousness
- They (the Vaisnavas) know very well the ceremonials called diksa, pasu-samstha and sautramani. One is permitted to take food after the procedure of diksa and before the animal sacrificial ceremony and the sautramani
- When a person is serious about accepting diksa, he must be prepared to practice austerity, celibacy & control of the mind and body. If one is so prepared & is desirous of receiving spiritual enlightenment (divyam jnanam), he is fit for being initiated
- When one is interested in the transcendental subject matter of the Absolute Truth, he should be initiated. Such a person should approach a spiritual master in order to take diksa
- Why you should falsely initiate a person? If you cannot make him a brahmana and elevate him to the highest stage of devotional service, why should you cheat others? Initiation means making him dvijatvam . Tatha diksa-vidhanena dvijatvam jayate nrnam