Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Devotees of Lord Visnu
"devotees of lord visnu"|"devotee of lord visnu"|"devotees of visnu"|"devotee of visnu"|"visnu's devotees"
Pages in category "Devotees of Lord Visnu"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- A pure devotee immediately becomes fiery with anger when he sees that Lord Visnu or His devotee is insulted
- After hearing from the sun and moon demigods about Rahu's attack, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, engages His disc, known as the Sudarsana cakra, to protect them. The Sudarsana cakra is the Lord's most beloved devotee & is favored by the Lord
- After profusely offering obeisances unto Lord Visnu, the devotee should offer respectful obeisances unto mother Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, and pray as follows
- All different kinds of sacrifice are performed just to satisfy Lord Narayana with a view to reach Him, and the best sacrifice recommended in this age of Kali is sankirtana-yajna, the mainstay of the devotional service of a narayana-para devotee
- All the devotees but you are very kind to the conditioned souls and are eager to benefit others. Although you wear the dress of a devotee, you create enmity with people who are not your enemies, or you break friendship and create enmity between friends
- Although Prajapati Daksa could not say anything, when the Lord, who knows everyone's heart, saw His devotee prostrate in that manner and desiring to increase the population, He addressed him as follows
- An asura is not a devotee of Lord Visnu; instead, for his sense gratification he is a devotee of the demigods, bhutas, pretas and so on. Thus one can judge who is a devata, who is a Raksasa and who is an asura by how they conduct their activities
- Assuming the form of a young woman and thus bewildering the demons, the Supreme Personality of Godhead distributed to His devotees, the demigods, the nectar produced from the churning of the ocean of milk
- Dhruva Maharaja was endowed with all godly qualities; he was very respectful to the devotees of the Supreme Lord and very kind to the poor and innocent, and he protected religious principles
- During this period, one should not unnecessarily talk of material subjects or topics of sense gratification, one should be completely free from envy of all living entities, and one should be a pure and simple devotee of Lord Vasudeva
- Even if we take all precautions to protect ourselves against committing any sins - for the Vaisnavas, the devotees of Visnu, naturally do take all such precautions - still, unconsciously we kill many ants and other insects
- Even today in India these two classes of devotees still criticize each other, and especially in South India the followers of Ramanujacarya and the followers of Sankaracarya hold occasional meetings for understanding the Vedic conclusion
- He also acknowledged the service of the devotees & vanquished their distress by His beautiful smile. The reflection of His face, decorated with earrings, was so pleasing because it dazzled with the rays from His lips & the beauty of His nose and eyebrows
- His tusks were fearful, and He glanced over the devotee-brahmanas engaged in offering prayers. Thus He entered the water
- If a Mayavadi becomes narayana-parayana, a devotee of Lord Narayana, he is better than a jivan-mukta, one who is liberated or perfect. This requires higher intelligence
- If the ultimate goal of life is to elevate oneself to the platform of devotional service, then why is it observed that a devotee of Lord Visnu is generally not very prosperous materially, whereas a devotee of Lord Siva is found to be very opulent?
- If the ultimate goal of life, or the conclusion of the Vedas, is to elevate oneself to the platform of devotional service, then why is it observed that a devotee of Lord Visnu is generally not very prosperous materially
- In two hands Lord Visnu always carries a club and a cakra to kill demons, and in His other two hands He holds a conchshell and a lotus to give protection to His devotees
- It is enjoined therefore that all acts must be performed sacrificially for the satisfaction of Visnu and His devotees. This will bring everyone peace and prosperity
- On the contrary, even though full of all opulence and material prosperity, any householder's house where the devotees of the Lord are never allowed to come in, and where there is no water for washing their feet, is to be considered a tree
- On the other hand, the devotees of Lord Visnu, who is the controller of the goddess of fortune, do not appear very prosperous, and sometimes they are even found living without any material opulence at all
- One should not at any time tolerate blasphemy and insults against Lord Visnu or His devotees
- Only the devotees of Lord Visnu or Krishna can be purified, not the devotees of any demigod. They will have to wait for their next birth according to their own karma
- Other sinful persons, such as dog-eaters & candalas, who are less than sudras, can also be freed in this way. But you are a devotee & we shall help you by performing the great horse sacrifice. If you please Narayana in that way, why should you be afraid?
- People generally do not become devotees of Lord Visnu, since Lord Visnu never becomes the order-supplier of His devotee
- Persons who have Visnu tilaka on their forehead, are to be understood as the devotees of Lord Visnu in this world. Their presence makes the world purified, and anywhere they remain they make that place as good as Vaikuntha
- Prahlada Maharaja was a great devotee of Lord Visnu, but his father was very much against Visnu. Because the father and son thus differed in their consciousness, the demon father inflicted all kinds of bodily pain upon Prahlada
- Since Lord Brahma and Lord Siva lost their peaceful attitude upon a slight provocation, how can they maintain the peace and tranquillity of their devotees?
- Since the spirit soul is completely different from this combination of gross & subtle material elements My devotee who is connected with Me in intense friendship & affection being completely in knowledge is never agitated by material happiness & distress
- Such a qualified brahmana is always truthful and is a devotee of Visnu. Without delay, she (Rukmini) sent the brahmana to Dvaraka
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O best of the Kurus, while Bali Maharaja was describing his fortunate position in this way, the most dear devotee of the Lord, Prahlada Maharaja, appeared there, like the moon rising in the nighttime
- The devotees of Lord Visnu offer all kinds of sacrifices for His pleasure. The devotees are always attached to the service of the Lord, whereas fallen souls are attached to the pleasures of material existence
- The Lord continued: Because I am the servitor of My devotees, My lotus feet have become so sacred that they immediately wipe out all sin
- The Lord was just about to leave, but because He was so greatly inclined toward the behavior of King Prthu, He did not depart. Seeing the behavior of Maharaja Prthu with His lotus eyes, He was detained because He is always the well-wisher of His devotees
- The pure devotees of Lord Visnu may rest assured of the Lord's protection, and as long as they are in this material world they should fully engage in devotional service by preaching the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Lord Krsna
- The two classes of devotees, namely the devotees of Lord Siva and the devotees of Lord Visnu, are always in disagreement. Even today in India these two classes of devotees still criticize each other
- The Vedas are made just to revive the forgotten consciousness of the conditioned souls, and any literature not meant for reviving God consciousness is rejected at once by the narayana-para devotees
- There are two classes of men in the created world. One consists of the demoniac and the other of the godly. The devotees of Lord Visnu are the godly, whereas those who are just the opposite are called demons