Devotees of God Must
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 35 subcategories, out of 35 total.
Pages in category "Devotees of God Must"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- A candidate for spiritual advancement must be nonviolent, must follow in the footsteps of great acaryas, must always remember the nectar of the pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and...
- A devotee certainly must give up his body, for the body is material. The difference is, however, that for one who surrenders to Krsna fully and who is protected by Krsna, the present body is his last; he will not again receive a material body
- A devotee has to execute the principles of devotional service exactly as they are, and he must know that however insignificant a living entity may be, the Lord is present within him. A devotee must realize this universal presence of the Lord
- A devotee must execute his prescribed duties, which are glorious, without material profit. Without excessive violence, one should regularly perform one's devotional activities
- A devotee must have only one initiating spiritual master because in the scriptures acceptance of more than one is always forbidden. There is no limit, however, to the number of instructing spiritual masters one may accept
- A devotee must therefore be completely free from envy, especially of other devotees. To envy other devotees is a great offense, a vaisnava-aparadha
- A devotee of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu must engage in preaching in order to increase the followers of the Lord. By thus preaching actual Vedic knowledge all over the world, one will benefit all mankind
- A devotee who actually wants to make progress in devotional service and go back home, back to Godhead, must lose interest in sense enjoyment and associating with persons who are after money and sense gratification. This is the advice of Lord Caitanya
- A pure devotee of the Lord, therefore (because the first nine Cantos lay the ground for the tenth Canto), must begin reading or hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam from the very beginning, and not from the Tenth Canto
- A sadhu, a saintly person, must be saintly in his behavior. Unless one adheres to the standard behavior, one's position as a sadhu, a saintly person, is not complete. Therefore a Vaisnava, a sadhu, must completely adhere to the standard of behavior
- A Vaisnava must be very alert not to waste even a second of his valuable lifetime. This is a symptom of a Vaisnava
- According to the Vedic knowledge, one must become a devotee, and one must then distinguish between avidya and vidya, which are elaborately explained in the Isopanisad
- All the devotees connected with the Krsna consciousness movement must read all the books that have been translated (the CC, SB, BG and others); otherwise, after some time, they will simply eat, sleep and fall down from their position
- I am glad that you are developing the mukut business. Now the devotees must learn so that in the future professionals will not be required
- If a devotee at all wants to cleanse his heart, he must chant and hear the glories of the Lord, Sri Krsna (srnvatam sva-kathah krsnah). This is a simple process. Krsna Himself will help cleanse the heart because He is already seated there
- In that association (of pure devotees), the neophyte devotees must render loving service physically and mentally without reservation
- In this Krsna consciousness movement there are four basic regulative principles, forbidding illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication. A devotee must be very enthusiastic about following these principles
- The conclusion is that a serious devotee must first approach a spiritual master who not only is well versed in the Vedic literatures but is also a great devotee with factual realization of the Lord and His different energies
- The devotees must always know that Lord Visnu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and that Lord Siva is His devotee. A devotee should be offered respect on the level of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and sometimes even more respect
- The Krsna consciousness devotees must always desire to remain in the society of devotees
- The people of the world should be taught to hear the transcendental topics of the Lord, and the devotee of the Lord must speak loudly so that they can hear
- The standard practices for initiated devotees: Must attend evening and morning classes. Should not extensively mix with non-devotees. Should not eat food cooked by non-devotees
- The working devotee must always be mindful so that the (bhakti) creeper which has so grown will not be cut off. Therefore he should be mindful of the following considerations...