Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
destined | destines
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna Destines (1 P)
Pages in category "Destined"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A man in perfect knowledge knows that one cannot be happier than he is destined to be. In this material world, everyone is destined to suffer a certain amount of distress and enjoy a certain amount of happiness
- All these people who are against the principle of devotional service are destined to rotate in this material world without fail
- Although Brahma created the principles of nescience as a matter of necessity for those living entities who were destined to ignorance by the will of the Lord, he was not satisfied in performing such a thankless task
- Although no one undergoes severe austerities to obtain distress, it comes upon us uncalled. Similarly, the happiness we are destined to enjoy will come upon us even without our desires
- As soon as I get a particular type of body, my happiness and sufferings are all destined. This is our position
- Destined to be carried away to hell
- Dhrtarastra replied, "A person destined to die does not utilize the effects of nectar, although it may be administered to him"
- Dhruva Maharaja should have known that honor and dishonor are both destined only by one's previous actions; therefore one should not be sorry or happy under any circumstances
- Don't try for these things, to increase your economic position. This is already destined. You cannot increase or decrease. Whatever you are destined, you must get it. Try to get Krsna consciousness
- Don't waste your time for improving sense enjoyment. That means wasting time. You cannot get more than what is destined to you. A dog or a cat cannot get more sense enjoyment than its body will allow
- Eight symptoms of a jivan mukta - 03 Another symptom (of a liberated person) is vimrtyu. A liberated person prepares himself in such a way that he does not take on any more material bodies, which are destined to die
- Either you stay in India or you stay in America, the bodily comforts or sense gratification, that will be achieved either in India or America. What you are destined to achieve, you will have it
- Even if you get more money, the other circumstances will force you to remain in the same condition as you were fifty years ago. Because you are destined. This is called destiny. You cannot change your destiny. That is not possible
- Everyone has his destined happiness also. No one can get more or less of these things simply by personal endeavors. Even if they are obtained, they can be lost again. One should not, therefore, waste time with these flimsy things
- Everyone is thinking if I become greedy, I shall get more. That is not possible. You cannot get a farthing more than what you are destined
- Except for Sisupala, those who go against the regulative principles cannot attain salvation and are surely destined for hellish life. The regulative principle is that one must always think of Krsna, whether as a friend or enemy
- Falling at the feet of Devaki and Vasudeva, he (Kamsa) begged their pardon and tried to convince them that because the events that had taken place were destined to happen, they should not be unhappy for his having killed so many of their children
- Foolish people do not know that a physician cannot prolong life even for a moment. When the notice is there, there is no consideration of the man's desire. The laws of nature do not allow a second beyond what one is destined to enjoy
- Impersonalists who consider the transcendental forms of the Lord to be products of the material world are surely destined for hell
- In illusion an attached person serves such family members, and by serving them he is destined to enter into a hellish condition of life. For example, a thief steals something to maintain his family, and he is caught and imprisoned
- It was the Lord's plan to teach people that even Hiranyakasipu, who was so powerful and strongly built, could not live more than his destined duration of life
- Kamsa told the wrestlers, "They (Krsna and Balarama) are actually two sons of Vasudeva. As you know, I have been destined to be killed by Krsna; there is a prophecy to this effect. Now I am requesting you to arrange for a wrestling match
- Kasyapa Muni continued: If you (Diti) perform this ceremony called pumsavana, adhering to the vow with faith for at least one year, you will give birth to a son destined to kill Indra
- King Citraketu was not destined to get a child by providence, or the will of the Supreme. Just as sterile grain cannot produce more grain, a sterile person, by the will of the Supreme Lord, cannot beget a child
- O mother (Parvati), you are now unnecessarily angry, but since all my (Citraketu) happiness and distress are destined by my past activities, I do not plead to be excused or relieved from your curse
- Our life should be utilized for understanding the Absolute Truth, not for economic development. Economic development, what is already destined, you cannot improve less or more. It is already settled up
- Severe austerities for temporary gains are simply a waste of time and energy. Material loss and gain are destined in accordance with the formation of each particular body
- So far our economic condition is concerned, as I explained yesterday, that one is destined to certain material comforts and discomforts, according to his body - already he has got
- Suppose you are destined to occupy some room, and somebody does not allow you to enter that room, is it not criminal?
- Surely destined for hell
- That water (the Ganges) sanctifies the three worlds inside and outside and even sanctifies Lord Siva and other demigods. Consequently everyone who is destined to die must take shelter of this river
- The Bhagavata says that "Either you enquire..." You go to astrologer, "What is in my fate? Whether I am getting such and such things or not?" You enquire or not enquire, if you are destined to achieve that thing, it will come automatically
- The demon took him (baby Pradyumna) and threw him directly into the sea. But, as it is said, "Whoever is protected by Krsna, no one can kill, and whoever is destined to be killed by Krsna, no one can protect"
- The devotees of the Lord do not misuse their freedom, and therefore they are the good sons of the Lord. Others, who misuse freedom, are put into miseries destined by the eternal kala. The kala offers the conditioned souls both happiness and miseries
- There are 8,400,000 species of life, and each type of body is destined to enjoy and suffer in accordance with its particular formation. The bodily enjoyments and sufferings of a wealthy man's son are different from those of a poor man's son
- There is one supreme loka called Goloka Vrndavana, which is the abode of the Lord Sri Krsna and His specific associates. Maharaja Pariksit was destined to achieve this particular loka, and the great rsis assembled there could foresee this
- There was a demon of the name Sambara who was destined to be killed by Pradyumna. The Sambara demon knew of his destiny
- Those who are destined to be dispatched to the path of hell neglect Your (Krsna) personal form because of speculating on material topics
- We are teaching people that "Don't bother about your economic condition of life. It will come automatically, what you are destined to obtain. You better utilize your energy how to get out of this condition of life, birth, death, old age and disease"
- When a great devotee of the Lord passes away, there is nothing to be lamented because the devotee is destined to enter into the kingdom of God. But the sorry plight is that such great devotees leave our sight
- You are correct in your idea that leaflets which are destined to be thrown upon the ground should not contain pictures of Krishna, Jagannatha, etc. Such leaflets may only be hung up for people to see
- You cannot get more or less of what you are destined to get. Otherwise everyone would have been millionaires - everyone