Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Desiring from God
Pages in category "Desiring from God"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Being pleased with Banasura, he (Siva) said, "Whatever you desire you can have from me, for I am very much pleased with you." Banasura replied, "My dear lord, if you please, you can remain in my city just to protect me from the hands of my enemies"
- Bhagavad-gita declares the Supreme Lord is responsive in proportion to the devotional service rendered by the devotee. Akrura thought that Krsna was like the desire tree in the heavenly planets, which gives fruit according to the desire of the worshiper
- Brahma is the trustworthy representative of the Supreme Lord. Therefore when he again asked for the treasure of Vedic knowledge, the Lord fulfilled his desire
- If a woman worships Your (Lord Kamadeva's) lotus feet for a particular purpose, You also quickly fulfill her desires, but in the end she becomes broken-hearted and laments. Therefore one need not worship Your lotus feet for some material benefit
- If anyone desires the Lord to become one's husband, the Lord fulfills such desires in full
- In spite of having You (God), who are like a desire tree and are the cause of liberation from birth and death, foolish persons, such as me (Dhruva), desire benedictions from You for sense gratification
- Lord Narayana, expanding His opulence, resides upon this mountain (Lokaloka mountain). The area beyond Lokaloka Mountain is called Aloka-varsa, and beyond Aloka-varsa is the pure destination of persons who desire liberation
- Lord offers the worshipers the benedictions they desire even if they worship only part of His transcendental body because the He is complete
- Maharaj Dhruva says "My dear Lord, I have practiced austerities and penances because I was desiring to receive something from You, but in exchange You have allowed me to see You, who are never visible even to the great sages and saintly persons"
- Man proposes; God disposes. God is very kind. Whatever you desire, He will fulfill. Although He says that "This kind of material desires will never satisfy you," but we want. Therefore God supplies us, Krsna, different types of body
- My (Laksmidevi's) dear Lord, You (Lord Kamadeva) automatically fulfill all the desires of a woman who worships Your lotus feet in pure love
- O Lord of lords, so fierce of form, please tell me who You are. I offer my obeisances unto You; please be gracious to me. I do not know what Your mission is, and I desire to hear of it. BG 11.31 - 1972
- O most exalted and worshipable Lord, best of those who bestow benediction, You can fulfill the desires of everyone, and therefore those who are sober, for their own welfare, worship the dust of Your lotus feet
- O my lord, O best of the givers of benediction, if you will kindly grant me the benediction I desire, please let me not meet death from any of the living entities created by you
- O Visnudatta, Pariksit Maharaja, the Supreme Personality of Godhead was pleased by the great sages at that sacrifice. Consequently the Lord decided to personally exhibit the method of executing religious principles and also satisfy Maharaja Nabhi's desire
- Only due to gross lack of knowledge does one worship the Lord for material profit or for sense gratification. The Lord is like a desire tree. Anyone can have whatever he desires from the Lord
- Since the Lord is very kind to everyone, the impersonalists, who accept bhakti as the means of merging in the existence of the Lord in His impersonal brahma-jyotir, are also awarded their desired destination
- Students' prayers 24 hours a day to listen to the political talks and desiring the war should stop is useless. God cannot be their order supplier
- The attainment of spiritual perfection by different spiritualists is explained in the Bhagavad-gita, wherein the Lord says that He grants the perfection the devotee desires in proportion to the devotee's surrender unto Him
- The demigods are not pure devotees. Although without difficulty one can get anything he desires if the Lord is pleased, the demigods aspire for material profit by pleasing the Lord
- The Lord certainly fulfills all desires in regard to transcendental loving service, but He cannot fulfill the whims of nondevotees, even when such casual devotees offer Him the best of prayers
- The Lord fulfilled all Dhruva Maharaja's desires
- The Lord is like a desire tree. Anyone can have whatever he desires from the Lord, but people in general do not know what kind of benediction they should ask from Him
- The minute freedom of the living entity can be fully utilized, and the Lord is so kind that He will award the living entity the same type of body he desires
- They (the sages) touched the lotus feet of the Lord, which are worshiped with various paraphernalia by the daughters of the serpent-king when they desire good husbands