Category:Desiring for Krsna
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Desiring for Krsna"
The following 121 pages are in this category, out of 121 total.
- A person who always desires to serve Krsna is interested in ways to convince people that there is a Supreme Personality of Godhead & that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is Krsna. That is his ambition. It doesn't matter whether he is in heaven or hell
- A woman cannot be naked before any male except her husband. The unmarried gopis desired Krsna as their husband, and He fulfilled their desire in this way
- According to Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, the rasa dance was performed during the long period of Brahma's night, but the gopis could not understand that. In order to fulfill their desire, Krsna extended the night to cover such a great period of time
- After hearing this statement, Krsna could understand that the King did not want to break his vow. Thus, in order to fulfill his desire, He tightened His belt and prepared to fight with the bulls
- Akrura thus thought that if Krsna willed, he would be able to see Him. Akrura considered himself most fortunate that he was going to see Krsna, whom great mystic yogis desire to see
- All of them (great sages who were the sons of fire-gods and rigidly followed the regulative principles in their desire to have conjugal love for Krsna) got Him as their husband
- All that was spoken by the great sages was very sweet to hear, full of meaning and appropriately presented as perfectly true. So after hearing them, Maharaja Pariksit, desiring to hear of the activities of Lord Krsna, the P of G, congratulated the sages
- Although it was cent percent certain that Bhismadeva was approaching Vaikuntha-dhama just after leaving his material body, still as a humble Vaisnava he desired to see the beautiful face of the Lord
- Among the gopis, there is not a pinch of desire for sense gratification. Their only desire is to give pleasure to Krsna, and this is why they mingle with Him and enjoy with Him
- As far as Arjuna is concerned, he is inspired by the statements of Krsna, but in order to convince others in the future who may think that Krsna is an ordinary person, Arjuna desires to see Him actually in His universal form
- At the point of his death, King Pariksit was hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam from Sukadeva Gosvami. When King Pariksit expressed his untiring desire to hear about Krsna, Sukadeva Gosvami was very much pleased
- Because Krsna has four extraordinary qualities not possessed by Lord Narayana, the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, always desires His company
- By following in the footsteps of such associates and by entering under their eternal guidance, one can acquire an intense desire to serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- By practicing meditation, the yogi can study the psychic movement of other men, and certainly Krsna could understand the desire of the gopis
- Dear Krsna, we gopis have neglected the order of our husbands, sons, family, brothers, friends, have left their company to come to You. You know everything about our desires. We have come only because we are attracted by the supreme music of Your flute
- Desire becomes a source of spiritual enjoyment under the protection of the toes of the lotus feet of the Lord
- Desire cannot be completely absent because I am living entity. So my desire should be not to forget Krsna. That's all, that one desire. That is real desire. All other desires, they are foolish. We cannot be desireless, but we should desire only bona fide
- Desire you cannot stop. That is not possible. So long you are, your desires are there. Desire should be purified. When I desire to gratify my senses, that is material. When I desire to satisfy Krsna, that is spiritual
- Devaki said, "I understand You (Krsna) to be the supreme master of all mystic yogis. I therefore ask You to fulfill my desire in the same way"
- Even the river Yamuna, being desirous of embracing the lotus feet of Krsna after hearing the transcendental vibration of His flute, broke her fierce waves to flow very nicely with lotus flowers in her hands, to present them to Mukunda with deep feeling
- Extreme desire to serve the Lord is manifest in the transcendental land of Vraja. And it is specifically manifested among the gopis. The gopis' love for Krsna is so elevated that for our understanding it is sometimes explained as being "lusty desire"
- Having attained this wonderful body, he (Aghasura) stretched his mouth open just like a mountain cave. Desiring to swallow all the boys at once, including Krsna and Balarama, he sat on the path
- He (Krsna) is the witness of everything that is happening, and yet He has nothing to do with anything. He is independent in every respect. Maharaja Pariksit desired to know more perfectly, for a pure devotee ought to know well
- He (Krsna) was very much pleased by the behavior of the trees, fruits and flowers, and He began to smile, realizing their desires
- He (Maharaj Yudhisthira) only desired to please Krsna and was therefore called the best of the devotees. He was always merged in the ocean of loving service
- He (the person whose only desire is to serve the S P of Godhead) is to be considered liberated while living within the body or the material world. The conclusion, therefore, is that a person fully engaged in Krsna consciousness is a liberated person
- He further wished to give Krsna in charity his kingdom, his family and his personal self also. After so desiring, when there was nothing to actually give in charity, Maharaj Yudhisthira became very perturbed and anxious
- I wish to hear from you about Lord Krsna. Indeed, My mind is inclined to desire this; therefore I wish to see you again
- If you are sincere, Krishna will help you in all respects. It is said that according to one's sincere desire to have Krishna, Krishna leads one to a bona fide pure devotee of Krishna, and that pure devotee, he is qualified to lead one to Krishna
- In the Skanda Purana there is a story of an old man residing in Hastinapur, capital of the kingdom of the Pandus, who desired Krsna as his beloved son
- In the Tenth Canto, 29th Chapter, 27th verse, another example of faltering of the voice was exhibited by the gopis when they came to Krsna, desiring to dance with Him
- Influenced by these features of Krsna, they (Krsna's wives) all used to dress themselves very attractively, desiring to attract Him by their feminine bodily appeal
- Inhabitants of Vrndavana never desired anything like elevation to the heavenly planets or merging into the effulgence of Brahman to become one with the Absolute Truth because of their great desire to love Krsna
- It is clear that the sages of Dandakaranya desired conjugal love in the manner of the gopis, although they were well aware of the Supreme Lord as both Krsna and Lord Ramacandra
- Kalindi replied (to Arjuna), "I think He (Lord Visnu) is the Supreme Person and just suitable to become my husband. I disclose my desire thus because you wanted to know it"
- Kalindi said: "Knowing me to be performing austerities with the desire to touch His feet, He came with His friend Arjuna and accepted my hand. Yet I am but a maidservant engaged in sweeping the floor of the house of Sri Krsna"
- King Nagnajit continued his request, "Krsna, if You'll kindly bridle the seven bulls and bring them under control, then undoubtedly You will be selected as the desired husband of my daughter, Satya"
- King Nrga said, "I think that this great desire to see You (Krsna), combined with my tendency to perform ritualistic and charitable activities, has enabled me to retain the memory of who I was in my former life, even though I became a lizard
- Krsna continued, "My dear gopis, your desire to have Me as your husband will be fulfilled because it is with this desire that you worshiped goddess Katyayani"
- Krsna is so merciful that because the demon Putana came to offer her breast milk to Him, He fulfilled her desire and accepted her activity as motherly. But to stop her from further nefarious activities, He immediately killed her
- Krsna says, "Those who are simply attached to Me by loving service. These devotees have everything at their disposal, but they desire nothing outside of My devotional service"
- Krsna went ahead without looking at Kalayavana. Kalayavana followed Him with a desire to capture Him, but in spite of his swift running, he could not capture Krsna
- Kubja was a hunchbacked woman who also wanted Krsna with a great ecstatic love. But her desire for Krsna was almost mundane, and so her love cannot be compared to the love of the gopis
- Laksmana said, "I have already told you that my father was very affectionate to me, so when he saw that my desire had been fulfilled by my getting Lord Krsna as my husband"
- Lord Krsna was pleased with them (the gopis), and since they all desired to have Him as their husband, He told them, "My dear well-behaved girls, I know of your desire for Me and why you worshiped goddess Katyayani, & I completely approve of your action"
- Lusty desires are experienced when one is concerned with his own personal sense gratification. The mood of the gopis is not like that. Their only desire is to satisfy the senses of Krsna
- Naturally Rukmini had a chance to talk with them, & in this way she obtained information about Krsna. She was informed about the six opulences of Krsna, & simply by hearing about Him she desired to surrender herself to His lotus feet & become His wife
- Nonetheless, because their desire sometimes appears to resemble material lust, their transcendental love for Krsna is sometimes described as lust
- O lotus-eyed one, great personalities like Lord Siva desire to bathe in the dust of Your lotus feet to drive away ignorance. If I do not get the mercy of Your Lordship, I shall observe vows to reduce the duration of my life
- O Nalakuvara and Manigriva, now you may both return home. Since you desire to be always absorbed in My (Krsna's) devotional service, your desire to develop love and affection for Me will be fulfilled, and now you will never fall from that platform
- On the mahamaya platform, dances take place on the basis of sense gratification. But when Krsna called the gopis by sounding His flute, they very hurriedly rushed toward the spot of the rasa dance with the transcendental desire to satisfy Krsna
- One cowherd boy said, "When the demon known as Vatsasura entered among the calves tended by Krsna with a desire to kill Him, He immediately detected the demon, killed him and threw him into a tree"
- One in this pure state of devotional service gradually develops the desire to follow in the footsteps of an eternal associate of Krsna
- Ramacandra had given them the benediction that they would be present for the advent of Lord Krsna and He would fulfill their desires
- Real desirelessness is desire for the satisfaction of Krsna, not an artificial attempt to abolish desires. The living entity cannot be desireless or senseless, but he does have to change the quality of the desires
- Rohini said, "Our only ambition is to bear on our heads life after life the dust particles attached to the lotus feet of Lord Krsna. The goddess of fortune also desires to keep that dust on her breasts, along with fragrant saffron"
- Rohini said, "We simply desire this dust, which accumulates underneath the lotus feet of Krsna as He travels on the land of Vrndavana as a cowherd boy"
- Rukmini continued, "Those who are actually well motivated desire only You (Krsna), and for this reason they give up everything to attain success. They therefore deserve to associate with You"
- Rukmini continued, "You (Krsna) are the supreme source from which everything emanates, the reservoir of all pleasures. Therefore, persons endowed with knowledge desire only to achieve You, and nothing else"
- Rukmini continued, 'Any girl, though not yet having left her home, or even any woman of the highest chastity, would desire to marry You (Krsna), being captivated by Your unprecedented character, knowledge, opulence and position
- Rukmini desired to have Krsna for her husband and therefore prayed that the deity (Durga) be pleased with her and bless her with that benediction. Since she desired only Krsna, her worship of the demigods is not condemned
- Rukminidevi, the daughter of King Bhismaka, had heard about Krsna's transcendental attributes, and thus she desired to get Krsna as her husband
- She (Kubja) was allowed to embrace Krsna with her arms and mitigate her long-cherished desire to have Him as a visitor in her house
- She (Mitravinda) was to select her husband in an assembly of princes, but she strongly desired to have Krsna as her husband
- She (Satya) then began to think, "If I have performed any pious activities to the best of my ability, and if I have sincerely thought all along to have Krsna as my husband, then Krsna may be pleased to fulfill my long-cherished desire"
- Simple bhakti-yoga is enough to bring about perfection. Therefore, the ardent desire of Bhismadeva was to see the person of Krsna, the most lovable object, & by the grace of the Lord, Sri Bhismadeva had this opportunity at the last stage of his breathing
- Since Krsna is all-attractive, one should know that all his desires should be focused on Krsna
- Sincerely, seriously, they (young princesses) offered their hearts to Krsna's lotus feet with unalloyed devotional attitude. As the Supersoul in everyone's heart, Krsna could understand their uncontaminated desire, He agreed to accept them as His wives
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami has explained that in the beginning all the ladies of the palace, who were all mothers and stepmothers of Pradyumna, mistook him to be Krsna and were all bashful, infected by the desire for conjugal love
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami has remarked that Krsna is self-sufficient - He is atmarama. He doesn’t need anyone else for His satisfaction. Because the gopis wanted Krsna as their husband, He fulfilled their desire
- The ardent desire of Bhismadeva was to see the person of Lord Krsna, the most lovable object, and by the grace of the Lord, Sri Bhismadeva had this opportunity at the last stage of his breathing
- The attractive features of His (Krsna's) transcendental body are desired in all the three worlds, namely the upper, middle and lower planetary systems. Nowhere in the universe are there such beautiful bodily features as those of Lord Krsna
- The brahmajyoti is not separate from the Lord, as the glowing sun ray is not independent of the sun disc. Therefore one who desires to merge into the supreme impersonal brahmajyoti must also worship the Lord by bhakti-yoga
- The citizens of Dvaraka, having heard that sound which threatens fear personified in the material world, began to run towards Him (Krsna) fast, just to have a long desired audience with the Lord, who is the protector of all devotees
- The desire of the gopis to enjoy the appearance of Lord Krsna was long cherished. So they approached Goddess Katyayani to have Krsna as their husband
- The devotee said, "My dear kadamba tree, do not be worried. Just after defeating the Kaliya snake in the Yamuna River, Krsna will come and satisfy your desire." This is an instance of inappropriate hopelessness in ecstatic love for Krsna
- The exact words used in this connection are vardhayan kama-devam. In Vrndavana, as the boyfriend of many gopis, and in Dvaraka, as the husband of many queens, Krsna increased their lusty desires to enjoy with Him
- The gopis and the queens of Dvaraka, simply by enhancing their lusty desires to enjoy Krsna as their boyfriend or husband, received the highest type of salvation
- The gopis are always absorbed in thoughts of Me (Krsna). They have dedicated body, desire, life and soul to Me
- The gopis are not interested in dry speculation, in the arts, in music, or other conditions of material life. They are bereft of all understanding of material enjoyment and renunciation. Their only desire is to see Krsna return
- The gopis continued, "We hope that the members of the Yadu dynasty are very happy in the association of Krsna, who can fulfill all the desires of His devotees"
- The gopis especially, and also the cowherd men and the aborigine tribeswomen, always desire to become the grass and straw on the streets of Vrndavana, to be trampled on by the lotus feet of Krsna
- The gopis had prayed to the goddess Katyayani to have Krsna as their husband. Now Krsna was fulfilling their desire by expanding Himself in as many forms as there were gopis and enjoying them exactly like a husband
- The gopis said, "We therefore appeal to You (Krsna), dear Lord of all lords: please do not kill our long-cherished desires to have You as our supreme husband"
- The gopis said, "You (Krsna) are the Supreme Person, and if You complete our dressing attempt as the purusa-bhusana, or the male ornament, then all our desires and bodily decorations are complete"
- The gopis thought, "Dear Lord, if Your lotus feet again come to our home in Vrndavana, our desires will be fulfilled"
- The gopis were attracted to Krsna by bhakti-yoga in a relationship of lusty desire
- The gopis' intense desire to satisfy Krsna surcharges the entire scene with pure love of Godhead, with not a spot of sexual indulgence
- The gopis, the girlfriends of Krsna, were almost of the same age as He. Within their minds they desired that Krsna be their husband, but because of feminine bashfulness they could not express their desire
- The indications by Kuntidevi are just to the point. She desires that God's mercy be bestowed upon them so that natural prosperity be maintained by His grace
- The necks of the gopis became tinted with red due to their desire to enjoy Krsna more and more. To satisfy them, Krsna began to clap His hands in time with their singing
- The rasa dance was performed during the long period of Brahma's night, but the gopis could not understand that. In order to fulfill their desire, Krsna extended the night to cover such a great period of time. One may ask how this was possible
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, knowing the minds of the unmarried young gopis, blessed them with their desired objective. They had prayed for Krsna to become their husband, and Krsna wanted to fulfill their desires
- The vivid evidence in this regard is that the dearest consort of Narayana, the goddess of fortune, who is worshiped by all chaste women, gave up everything in her desire to enjoy Krsna, being captivated by His unparalleled sweetness
- Then the gopis told lotus-eyed Krsna, "Please do not discourage our long-cherished desires to have You as our husband. Any intelligent man who cares for his own self-interest reposes all his loving spirit in You"
- There are also Krsna's parents, Nanda and Yasoda, who are also engaged in His service according to their respective transcendental emotions. One who desires to enter into the supreme abode of Krsna can take shelter of one of such transcendental servitors
- They (the gopis) prayed for Krsna to be their husband. He (Krsna) thought that the full-moon night of the sarat season was just suitable for a nice dance. So their desire to have Krsna as their husband would then be fulfilled
- They (the sages of Dandakaranya) knew that although Ramacandra was an ideal king and could not accept more than one wife, Lord Krsna, being the full-fledged Personality of Godhead, could fulfill the desires of all of them in Vrndavana
- They (the sages) all took birth as women in the wombs of gopis at Gokula, and as they had desired in their previous lives, they enjoyed the company of Lord Krsna, who was present at that time in Gokula Vrndavana
- This extreme desire to serve the Lord is manifest in the transcendental land of Braja. & it is specifically manifested amongst the gopis. The gopis' love for Krsna is so elevated that for our understanding it is sometimes explained as being lusty desire
- This is gopis' desire. They want to see Krsna always, without being disturbed by the eyelids. This is Krsna consciousness
- We (gopis) become excited by lusty desires and come to You, giving up all shame and fear. But now You are angry with us. You are finding fault with our violating religious principles and leaving our homes and husbands
- We find lusty desire among the gopis, among Krsna. But Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommends: There is no better mode of worship than it was conceived by the vrajavadhu, damsels of Vraja, Vrndavana, parakiya-rasa
- We should also desire intensely to see and be with Krishna, but first thing is to become purified through devotional service. It is not possible otherwise. So, keep on helping me to spread this Krishna Consciousness movement
- When a person desires to make a sacrifice because of his seeing Krsna, Krsna is called the impetus of the munificent activity
- When a person in this material world desires only to serve Krsna with love and devotion, he is liberated, even though functioning within this material world
- When Krsna spoke in such a discouraging way to the gopis, they became very sad, for they thought that their desire to enjoy the rasa dance with Krsna would be frustrated. Thus they became full of anxiety
- When Krsna stole the garments of the gopis while they were taking a bath at Ciraghata on the Yamuna, He promised to fulfill their desire in some future night
- When one's desire to love Krsna in his particular relationship becomes intensified, this is known as pure love of Godhead. In the beginning a devotee is engaged in the regulative principles of devotional service by the order of his spiritual master
- When Srimati Radharani was decorated with the ornament of lalita alankara, just to increase Sri Krsna's love, an attractive curve was manifested by Her neck, knees and waist. This was brought about by Her timidity and apparent desire to avoid Krsna
- When the ladies of the city of Dvaraka got up on the roofs of their palaces, they never thought that they had previously many times seen the beautiful body of the infallible Lord. This indicates that they had no satiation in desiring to see the Lord
- When they (ladies) actually saw Them with their eyes, they took Krsna and Balarama within their hearts and began to embrace Them to their fullest desire. Their bodily hairs stood up in ecstasy
- While Nanda Maharaja was worshiping Lord Visnu on this occasion (of Krsna's birth ceremony) and was trying to satisfy all the people there, his only desire was that the newborn child Krsna would be happy
- Without hesitation, she (hunchback) caught the rear part of His cloth, began to pull it. She smiled flirtatiously & admitted that she was agitated by lusty desires. She forgot that she was on the street & before the elder brother of Krsna & His friends