Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Desires of a Devotee of God
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
Pages in category "Desires of a Devotee of God"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- A devotee does not go anywhere. He goes to Krsna only, even if he has got material desires. That is the advantage. This advantage: that if you go to Krsna for some material advantage even, then the day will come, you'll forget that material advantage
- A devotee does not have to desire material opulence, but if he is a pure devotee, there is ample opportunity for him to enjoy material happiness also, without personal endeavor
- A devotee of the Lord always has the Lord in his mind, and thus he does not need to be desireless because all his desires are in relationship with the service of the Lord
- A neophyte devotee is certain to be attacked by other material desires as well, namely desires for women and money
- A pure devotee does not desire promotion to heavenly planets, nor does he seek oneness with the brahma-jyotir or salvation or liberation from material entanglement
- An advanced devotee has no desire to enjoy or reject anything. His only duty is to accept whatever is favorable for the advancement of Krsna consciousness
- At Pulaha-asrama, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, out of His transcendental affection for His devotee, becomes visible to His devotee, satisfying His devotee's desires
- Devotee means pure devotee, anyabhilasita-sunyam, without any other desires. Devotee means he wants to serve Krsna, that's all. Not that in return he wants something. He is devotee. Devotion is not business
- Devotees do not even care for the positions held by Lord Brahma or Lord Siva, nor does a devotee desire to become equal with Lord Visnu
- If a devotee desires material religiosity, economic development, sense gratification or liberation from the material world, he is awarded these results
- If a devotee maintains some material desire and at the same time very sincerely desires to engage at the lotus feet of Krsna, Krsna may directly give him unalloyed devotional service and take away all his material desires and possessions
- Prahlada Maharaja, although born in a demon family, was an exalted devotee, and he desired their welfare. Thus he began instructing them about the futility of materialistic life
- Pure devotees do not ask anything from the Lord for their personal benefit. Even if offered personal benefits, pure devotees do not accept them, because their only desire is to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Since the omnipotent Lord is situated within the heart of everyone, He can give directions to His sincere devotees by which they can attain the right path. Such directions are especially offered to the devotee, even if he desires something else
- Sometimes devotees desire to enjoy material happiness also; therefore, by the arrangement of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the devotee is given a chance to enjoy the material world before his final entrance into the spiritual world
- Sometimes it so happens that a devotee engaged in the loving service of the Lord desires some material benefit in exchange for this service
- Such desire may seem to be a desire for enjoying the Lord, but actually the endeavor is to serve the Lord in that capacity. For example, a devotee may be desiring to associate with the Personality of Godhead as His cowherd friend
- The devotees of the Lord, who do not wish to kill the individuality of the living entities and who desire to become personal servitors of the Lord, do not very much like the impersonalists
- The Krsna consciousness devotees must always desire to remain in the society of devotees
- The Lord feels grateful to His devotees for such unsophisticated, unconditional service and tries to reciprocate it by rendering service, although the devotee also has no such desire in his heart
- The material world constitutes only one-fourth of His creative energy. If, according to the desire of the devotee, the Lord completely destroys the creation, He is so opulent that He will not mind the loss
- The pure devotee does not desire to live on the same planet with the Supreme Lord, nor does he desire the same opulence as the Lord, nor does he desire to have the same form as the Lord, nor to live with Him side by side, nor to merge into His existence
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Prahlada, a devotee like you never desires any kind of material opulences, either in this life or in the next. Nonetheless, I order you to enjoy the opulences of the demons in this material world
- They (the sahajiyas) desire to enjoy sex life with Him (Krsna) in a perverted way
- This premature desire to understand the lila of Krishna is due to mundane sex-life desire as we have seen amongst many of the babajis and sahajiyas in Vrindaban
- This warning (it is not good to desire sense gratification by direct association with Krsna) is specifically for those known as sahajiyas, who take it for granted that Krsna is an ordinary human being