Deity Gopala - the Witness
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Saksi-gopala (1 C, 18 P)
Pages in category "Deity Gopala - the Witness"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Accepting the Gopala Deity as my witness, I then submitted the following at His lotus feet
- After visiting the temple of Ksira-cora-gopinatha of Remuna at Balasore in Orissa, Lord Caitanya proceeded towards Puri and on the way visited the temple of Saksi-gopala, who appeared as a witness in the matter of two brahmana devotees' family quarrel
- Afterwards, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the town of Kataka to see the temple of the witness Gopala. When He saw the Deity of Gopala, He was very much pleased by His beauty
- All the townspeople went to see the witness Gopala, and when they saw the Lord actually standing there, they all offered their respectful obeisances
- I have now come to my village, and I shall go to my home and tell all the people that the witness has arrived
- I shall certainly appear there, and at that time I shall protect the honor of both you brahmanas by bearing witness to the promise
- I'll cite one story. It is very interesting story. If you go to India, you'll find one nice temple in Orissa. It is called the temple of "Witness-Gopala," Saksi-Gopala, Witness-Gopala. This Gopala was situated in a temple at Vrndavana
- If this brahmana later hesitates to give me his daughter, my dear Lord, I shall call on You as a witness. Please note this with care and attention
- In the presence of all the townspeople, Lord Gopala bore witness that the elderly brahmana had offered his daughter in charity to the young brahmana
- Taking this opportunity, the elderly brahmana immediately confirmed that this was really true. He said, "If Gopala personally comes here to serve as a witness, I shall surely give my daughter to the young brahmana"
- That night Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stayed in the temple of Gopala, and along with all the devotees, He heard the narration of the witness Gopala with great pleasure
- The atheistic son thought, "It is not possible for Gopala to come and bear witness." Thinking thus, the father and son agreed
- The elderly brahmana said, "If I do not give my daughter to the young brahmana, he will call Sri Gopalaji as a witness. Thus he will take my daughter by force, and in that case my religious principles will become meaningless"
- The King constructed a nice temple, and regular service was executed. Gopala became very famous under the name of Saksi-gopala (the witness Gopala)
- The young brahmana continued, "My dear Sir, You are very merciful and You know everything. Therefore, kindly be a witness in this case. A person who knows things as they are and still does not bear witness becomes involved in sinful activities"
- Then the younger brahmana addressed the Deity, saying, "My dear Lord, You are my witness. I shall call for You to testify if it is necessary later on"
- Then this gentleman said in front of the Gopala Deity, 'My dear Lord, please bear witness. I have offered my daughter to this brahmana in charity'