Defeated by Devotees of God
Pages in category "Defeated by Devotees of God"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- After fighting and defeating Lord Siva in the dress of a hunter, Arjuna pleased the Lord and received as a reward a weapon called pasupata-astra. Everyone knew that he was a great warrior. BG 1972 purports
- Atheists may be very expert in mental speculation and may be so-called great philosophers, but they can be defeated by a Vaisnava firmly situated in his conviction and God consciousness
- It is said that all of Madhvacarya's books were taken away, but later they were found with the help of King Jayasimha, ruler of Kumla. In discussion (of sastra), Pundarika Puri was defeated by Madhvacarya
- On the contrary, he (Jiva Gosvami) argued with him (materialist very proud Sanskrit scholar) regarding the scriptures and defeated him - when the scholar approached Jiva Gosvami for a certificate of defeat
- The illusory energy personally came to test Haridasa Thakura, but herein (CC Antya 3.250) she admits her defeat, for she was unable to captivate him. How is this possible? It was because Haridasa Thakura, fully surrendered to the lotus feet of Krsna
- The perfect example is Maharaja Ambarisa. He was not a mystic yogi but a great devotee, yet in a disagreement with Maharaja Ambarisa, the great mystic Durvasa was defeated in the presence of the King’s devotional attitude