Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
deepen | deep | deepening | deepens | deeper | deepest | deeply | deepness
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Deep"
The following 157 pages are in this category, out of 157 total.
- A friend of Krsna informed Him, "It is certainly astonishing how You could forget Your mother while You are off somewhere engaged in Your playful activities!" This is another instance of deep anxiety in ecstatic love"
- A living entity can never be lost. When one forgets his identity in deep sleep, he becomes absorbed in dreams, and he may think himself a different person or may think himself lost. But actually his identity is intact
- After Krsna returned from His teacher's home, He was pleased to see Uddhava, who happened to be His dearmost friend. Krsna wanted to send him to Vrndavana with a message to the residents to pacify their deep feelings of separation
- After saying this, Yadunandana Acarya took Raghunatha dasa with him and went out. By that time all the watchmen were deeply asleep because it was the end of the night
- After taste is awakened, a deep attachment arises, and from that attachment the seed of love for Krsna grows in the heart
- All moving and nonmoving creatures then began to vibrate the transcendental sound of Hare Krsna, as if they were echoing the deep sound of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- All Your activities are for the benefit of people in general. We cannot understand them, for Your intentions are deep and grave.
- An intelligent man must be very inquisitive to know the transcendental science deeply. Therefore one must approach a guru, a spiritual master
- As for the boys, they were simply enjoying transcendental bliss in the company of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. At that time, the calves that were pasturing nearby entered into the deep forest, allured by new grasses, & gradually went out of sight
- As the rising sun immediately dissipates all the world's darkness, which is deep like an ocean, so the holy name of the Lord, if chanted once without offenses, dissipates all the reactions of a living being’s sinful life
- As you have developed a deep love for me, I dare to ask you to send me financial help to take me to Japan. I think you can immediately instruct your Embassy in Delhi to do the needful and dispatch me to Japan on your behalf
- At that time the conditioned souls are resting in the condition called susupti which is exactly deep sleep without dream, or anesthetized state, therefore they do not remember being with Krsna when they wake up in the material world
- Because of constant rain sent by the demigod Indra, the River Yamuna was filled with deep water, foaming about with fiercely whirling waves
- Because of his deep family affection, a man forgets his main duty of controlling the senses and improving his spiritual consciousness
- Because you have got such deep personal interest with that engagement of work, you want to see that it is done nicely without any hindrance of selfish motivation, never mind all kinds of conditions of the material nature
- Being quite alert in regard to his (Bali Maharaja) reputation, he thought deeply about how to prevent being defamed. The Lord, therefore, gave him the good counsel to prevent defamation by offering his head
- Below the earth by 70,000 yojanas are the seven lower planetary systems. Below these lower planets by 30,000 yojanas, Sesa Naga is lying on the Garbhodaka Ocean. That ocean is 249,800,000 yojanas deep
- Bhava is the permanent characteristic of the living entity, and the crucial point of progress for bhava is called the marginal state of love of Godhead. When the bhava state becomes deeper and deeper, learned devotees call it love of Godhead
- By the influence of this internal potency, Yogamaya, all the residents of Kamsa’s palace, especially the doorkeepers, were overwhelmed with deep sleep, and all the palace doors opened, although they were barred and shackled with iron chains
- Dear Lord, whose navel is just like a lotus flower, Your lotus feet are the only shelter for those who have fallen into the deep well of material existence. Your feet are worshiped & meditated upon by great mystic yogis and highly learned philosophers
- Deep breathing, disregard for others, the frothing of saliva, mad laughter, spitting, hiccups and other, similar symptoms (of subordinate ecstatic expressions of love)
- Dehi means the possessor, the owner of the body. It is said clearly, and we can understand that when I meditate upon my body, actually what I am. So if one is deep thinker, he'll immediately understand that "I am not this body"
- Devotional service discharged with such attachment is called ragatmika, and deep attachment with deep absorption in the object of love is called ragatmika. Examples of these can be seen in the activities of the residents of Vrajabhumi
- Devotional service which consists of raga (deep attachment) is called ragatmika, spontaneous loving service. If a devotee covets such a position, he is considered to be most fortunate
- Do every word of our books meticulously and perfectly accurately transcribed so the most erudite and deep thinking men of the world can enter into the intricacies of meaning in each verse
- Ecstatic love for Krsna is wonderfully deep. By personally tasting the glorious sweetness of that love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu showed us its extreme limit
- Even the river Yamuna, being desirous of embracing the lotus feet of Krsna after hearing the transcendental vibration of His flute, broke her fierce waves to flow very nicely with lotus flowers in her hands, to present them to Mukunda with deep feeling
- Even though during the time of dissolution all the conditioned living entities remain merged within the spiritual existence of the Lord, as if in deep sleep, their original desires to lord it over the material nature do not subside
- Faith inspires initial surrender, and later, by the powerful influence of saintly association, one's faith deepens and becomes steady. Once faith becomes steady, all mental agitations and doubts clear up due to constant worship of the Lord
- From the very beginning, Srila Rupa Gosvami was deeply attracted by the transcendental qualities of Sri Caitanya. Thus he was permanently relieved from family life. Srila Rupa Gosvami and his younger brother, Vallabha, were blessed by Caitanya
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "We are falsely proud of our capabilities. Actually we cannot understand Your deep intentions"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "My dear Sir, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and are most merciful toward us. No one can understand what is within Your deeply affectionate heart"
- Haridasa Thakura was immovable, for he was deeply determined. He began to speak to her, being very merciful toward her
- He (King Rahugana) now wanted to understand the deep meaning of the philosophical words used by Jada Bharata, and with great sincerity, he begged his pardon
- He (Nanda Maharaj) entered deep into the water of the river, but he was arrested immediately by one of the servants of Varunadeva. This servant brought Nanda Maharaja before the demigod Varuna & accused him of taking a bath in the river at the wrong time
- His (Prthu Maharaja) navel was coiled and deep, his thighs were of a golden hue, and his instep was arched
- His (Sukadeva) collarbone was fleshy, his chest broad and thick, his navel deep and his abdomen beautifully striped. His arms were long, and curly hair was strewn over his beautiful face. He was naked, and the hue of his body reflected that of Lord Krsna
- His body moved to and fro, right and left, for He was absorbed in ecstasy. He chanted "Krsna, Krsna" in a deep voice
- I (Narada Muni) visited deep, dark and dangerously fearful forests, which were the play yards of snakes, owls and jackals
- I have simply described the chastisement of Gopinatha Pattanayaka and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's indifference. But the deep meaning of this behavior is very difficult to understand
- I shall write two separate invocations of good fortune and two different introductions. Let me think deeply about the matter and then describe two different sets of incidents
- I think you should not think of relinquish your job without meeting me and discussing the matter deeply. Don't do anything out of sentiment
- I've written many books already which are full of different aspects of this deep philosophy of Krishna Consciousness. I request you to study them carefully & you'll find a treasure house of scientific information in relation to the ultimate goal of life
- If a conditioned soul does not take advantage of this opportunity, after the dissolution of this material world he enters into the body of Narayana and remains there in deep sleep until the time of another creation
- In a deep voice that resembled the rumbling of clouds, the Lord replied to the demigods, who all stood there attentively with folded hands
- In all three stages of their consciousness - namely, wakefulness, dreaming & deep sleep - the devotees are absorbed in the thought of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore, in their complete absorption in the thought of Krsna, they do not sleep
- In the deep forest it sometimes appears that there are big palaces and nice cities. That is technically called gandharva-nagara. Similarly, in dreams also we create many false things out of imagination
- It is said that varnasrama-dharma is external, and Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested Ramananda Raya to proceed deeper into the matter and uncover the spiritual platform
- It was not very difficult for Krsna to perform a miracle by extending His bodily feature, but He had no desire to do it because of His deep filial love for His mother, Yasoda
- Kamsa begged Devaki's pardon by analyzing the matter deeply. He was not the cause of the death of Devaki's sons. Rather, this was their own destiny. Under the circumstances, Devaki should excuse Kamsa and forget his past deeds without lamentation
- King Anga could not sleep at night. He became completely indifferent to household life. Once, therefore, in the dead of night, he got up from bed and left Vena's mother (his wife), who was sleeping deeply
- Krsna said: "O Arjuna, there are no greater receptacles of deep love for Me than the gopis, who cleanse and decorate their bodies because they consider them Mine"
- Krsna's attractive features and sweet smiles go deep into the heart of everyone, and once it is so done the living being is admitted into the kingdom of God, from which no one returns. This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- Krsna's deep voice is more resonant than newly arrived clouds, and His sweet song defeats even the sweet voice of the cuckoo
- Lord Siva was deep in meditation, but when Parvati agitated him for sense pleasure, he agreed to the proposal, and as a result Kartikeya was born
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "You have a deep ecstatic love for Krsna; therefore wherever you turn your eyes, you simply heighten your Krsna consciousness"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "You have a deep love for Krsna, and one who has such deep ecstatic love for the Lord naturally sees things in such a way. Please take this from Me to be certain"
- MacMillan Company is distributing our book, Bhagavad-gita As It Is, in London also, so if you can also retail this book to friends at the meeting it may prove very helpful in deepening their interest in this science of Krishna Consciousness
- Material sexual indulgence can never be equated with spiritual love, which is in unadulterated goodness. The activities of the sahajiyas simply lower one deeper into the material contamination of the senses and mind
- Mukunda dasa externally appears to be a royal physician engaged in governmental service, but internally he has a deep love for Krsna. Who can understand his love
- My dear friend, where is Krsna, who is like the moon rising from the ocean of Maharaja Nanda's dynasty? Where is Krsna, His head decorated with a peacock feather? Where is He? Where is Krsna, whose flute produces such a deep sound
- My dear Sanatana, Krsna has saved you from Maharaurava, life's deepest hell. He is an ocean of mercy, and His activities are very grave
- My Lord, I do not know when I commenced my material life, but I can certainly experience that I have fallen in the deep ocean of nescience. Now I can also see that there is no other way to get out of it than to take shelter of Your lotus feet
- Nanda said to Yasoda, "Krsna has gone deep into the water, so there is no need to maintain our bodies, which are so full of sinful activities! Let us also enter into the poisonous water of the Yamuna and compensate for the sinful activities of our lives"
- Nityananda Prabhu also played at whirling the rod. Who can understand how They were ecstatically immersed in the deep emotions of the cowherd boys
- No one is satisfied with how he has improved the family economic condition; everyone thinks that he could not provide sufficiently. Because of his deep family affection, he forgets his main duty of controlling the senses
- On hearing this, Krsna dove deep into the water and caught hold of the demon Pancajana. He killed him on the spot but could not find the son of His teacher within his belly
- One day when Krsna was engaged in stealing butter and yogurt in the house of Jatila, He assured His friends, "My dear friends, I know that this old lady is now sleeping very profoundly because she is breathing very deeply"
- One hankers to revive his original condition and inquires how to do so. There are also deep thought, heavy breathing, crying and lamentation, as well as a changing of the bodily color and drying up of the tongue
- One should follow in the footsteps of the Lord's beloved devotees, who are deeply attached to His devotional service
- One weaver at Mathura addressed Krsna in this way: "My dear Krsna, I have become so proud of Your causeless mercy upon me that I do not even count upon the mercy of the Lord of Vaikuntha, which is sought after by many great sages in deep meditation"
- One who is deeply in love with Krsna cannot tolerate separation from the Lord. Therefore such a devotee always desires his own death
- One who is expert in logic and in understanding the revealed scriptures, and who always has firm conviction and deep faith that is not blind, is to be considered a topmost devotee in devotional service
- Pradyumna Brahmacari was deeply eager to understand this fact. Therefore Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu revealed it to him by a practical demonstration
- Pseudodevotees, absorbed in material sense enjoyment, falsely jump to the stage of liberated souls and thus fall down deeply into the clutches of external energy
- Radharani is grown up, and Her character is equipoised. She is always deeply absorbed in ecstatic love and always feeling in the mood of a left-wing gopi
- Raising His arms, chanting the holy name and looking upon all with deep love, He drives away all sins and floods everyone with love of Godhead
- Ramananda Raya directed the two girls how to dance and express the deep meaning of his songs through dramatic performances
- Recent trends show that without probing deeply into a subject, these Westerners uselessly debate direct and indirect meanings ad infinitum
- Rupa Gosvami wants to take shelter in the deep ocean and he doesn't care for the rivers
- Saubhari Muni regrets that he had bad association even in the deepest part of the water. Because of the bad association of the sexually engaged fish, he fell down. A secluded place is also not secure unless there is good association
- Saubhari Rsi was engaged in austerity, deep in the water of the River Yamuna, when he saw a pair of fish engaged in sexual affairs
- Simply hearing submissively will free one's heart from all the faults of ignorance, and thus one will achieve deep love for Krsna. This is the path of peace
- Sinful activities deepen the dark gloom of ignorance, while pious activities bring the light of transcendental knowledge into one's life
- Six months after marriage, divorce. Because the marriage took place on superficial liking, no deep understanding
- Sometimes it happens that a most virtuous person like Vasudeva has to flatter a person like Kamsa, a most vicious person. That is the way of all diplomatic transactions. Although Vasudeva was deeply aggrieved, he smiled outwardly
- Sometimes the Mayavadi philosophers, they give this example that "As all the rivers come down to the ocean, and then business is finished." But our philosophy is not so scanty. We do not wish to mix with the ocean, we want to go deep into the ocean
- Sometimes we want to forget ourself by transferring ourself into that deep sleep, forgetting everything. Actually, that is our natural tendency. When we are too much afflicted with these material activities, anxieties
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was seen engaged in public welfare activities, establishing deep wells for the water supply, rest houses and gardens for unknown guests, and great monasteries and temples for saintly persons
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "'My dear friend, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has a voice as deep as a cloud resounding in the sky'"
- Sridhara Swami said in his verse, "Let others travel to many holy places of pilgrimage for salvation, or let them engage in deep study of philosophy and Vedic literature"
- Srila Madhvacarya concisely states that the Lord is turya-sthitah, always situated in transcendence. In transcendence there is no such thing as jagarana-nidra-susupti - wakefulness, sleep and deep sleep
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura gives herein a good example. When a father finds his child deeply asleep but the child has to take some medicine to cure some disease, the father pinches the child so that the child will get up and take the medicine
- Srutadeva thought, "I have fallen into the deep, dark well of householder life and am the most unfortunate person"
- Staying near the Garuda-stambha, the Lord would look upon Lord Jagannatha. What can be said about the strength of that love? On the ground beneath the column of the Garuda-stambha was a deep ditch, and that ditch was filled with the water of His tears
- That Personality of Godhead, known as Madana-mohana, whose joking words carry many indications and deep meanings, is increasing the lusty desires of My ears
- The brahmacari read the book and came to us a little dissatisfied, though the book itself was deeply esoteric. The reason for his dissatisfaction was that Dr. Radhakrishnan's writing lacked spiritual insight
- The coils within the navel of the Lord are so deep that it appears that the entire universe sprouted out of it and yet again wishes to go back
- The deep bluish cloud covers only an insignificant portion of the limitless sky, and this fractional covering is compared to the quality of ignorance, or forgetfulness of the real nature of the living being
- The deep vibration of Krsna's flute surpasses the thundering of new clouds and attracts the aural reception of the entire world
- The fifty qualities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead mentioned above are as deep as an ocean. In other words, they are difficult to fully comprehend
- The gopis continued, "She must have taken Krsna into the deep forest and told Him, 'My dear Krsna, I am now very tired. I cannot go any further. Please carry Me wherever You like.’'
- The gopis spoke thus, "Dear Lord, whose navel is just like a lotus flower, Your lotus feet are the only shelter for those who have fallen into the deep well of material existence"
- The living entity actually has no connection with either the activities of sleep or the activities of the so-called wakened state. When a person is in deep sleep or when he has fainted, he forgets his gross body
- The Lord is further described as having the mark of Srivatsa, or the sitting place of the goddess of fortune, and His bodily hue is deep bluish
- The luster of His expansive body resembles molten gold. The deep sound of His voice conquers the thundering of newly assembled clouds
- The mixture of ecstatic ingredients becomes tasty and, being within the perception of the devotee, reaches the highest platform of wonder and deep bliss
- The next day, the elderly brahmana was thinking deeply about this matter when the young brahmana came to his house
- The ocean deity replied, "This great demon (Pancajana) generally remains deep in the water in the shape of a conchshell. The son of Your teacher might be within the belly of the demon, having been devoured by him"
- The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are very deep. Who can understand them? Only one who has firm, deep devotion to His lotus feet can understand these pastimes
- The plants, creepers and trees were full of fruits and flowers due to ecstatic love of Krsna. Indeed, being so full, they were bowing down. They were inspired by such deep love for Krsna that they were constantly pouring showers of honey
- The primary characteristic of spontaneous love is deep attachment for the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Absorption in thought of Him is a marginal characteristic
- The service of devotees diminishes all miserable material conditions and develops within one a deep devotional love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna) has all these fifty transcendental qualities in fullness as deep as the ocean. In other words, the extent of His qualities is inconceivable
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, appearing in His incarnation as a tortoise, dove deep into the ocean to carry Mandara Mountain on His back
- The system of bowing the head to the ground to show respect to superiors is an excellent etiquette which obliges the honored guest deep into the heart
- The thirty-three vyabhicari-bhavas, bodily symptoms manifest in ecstatic love, are as follows: (29) asuya, jealousy; (30) capalya, impudence; (31) nidra, sleep; (32) supti, deep sleep, and (33) prabodha, awakening
- There are three states to our existence, namely wakefulness, dreaming and deep sleep. In all three states, we have different experiences. Thus the soul is the observer of these three states
- Thinking like this, Srimati Radharani considered Herself Krsna's most beloved gopi. She had become proud and had left the rasa-lila with Krsna. In the deep forest She said, "My dear Krsna, I cannot walk any more. You can take Me wherever You like"
- This conclusion of rasa is extremely deep. Only Svarupa Damodara knows much about it
- This description, however, will satisfy the mind and ears of anyone who hears it, and he will be able to understand these uncommon activities of deep ecstatic love for Krsna
- This incident manifests the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, His teaching that a sannyasi should remain in the renounced order, and the deep attachment to Him felt by His faithful devotees
- This verse appears to be the hankering between some ordinary boy and girl, but its actual deep meaning was known only to Svarupa Damodara. By chance, one year Rupa Gosvami was also present there
- Those who are keen to engage in deep discussions on the esoteric conclusions of the scriptures should certainly delve into the philosophy of the Vedanta-sutra
- Three parts of His (Krsna's) body are very broad: His waist, forehead and chest. Three parts of His body are short: His neck, thighs and genitals. Three parts of His body are very deep: His voice, intelligence and navel
- Thus he can be compared to a deep lake covered with moss. He was the object of pleasure for all the devotees who knew the science of devotional service
- Thus Raghunatha dasa thought deeply about how to escape, and one night while he was sleeping on the Durga-mandapa, the priest Yadunandana Acarya entered the house when only four dandas remained until the end of the night
- To become a servant of servant of servant of servant of Krsna. This is parampara system. In that way one can give up the deep attachment for all these, our creation, our developing attachments, grha-ksetra-sutapta-vittaih
- We now have published several books which delve deeply into the topic of the Absolute Truth, so you should read them very carefully, and gradually the knowledge will become revealed to you
- When a father finds his child deeply asleep but the child has to take some medicine to cure some disease, the father pinches the child so that the child will get up and take the medicine
- When a person is in deep sleep or when he has fainted, he forgets his gross body. Similarly, under chloroform or some other anesthetic, the living entity forgets his gross body and does not feel pain or pleasure during a surgical operation
- When affection for Krsna becomes deeper, one attains love of Godhead in devotional service. Such a position is called sthayi-bhava, permanent enjoyment of the mellows of devotional service to Krsna
- When one becomes deeply affected by the devotion of the residents of Vrajabhumi and tries to follow in their footsteps, he does not care for the restrictions or regulations of the revealed scriptures. This is the characteristic of one in raga-bhakti
- When the living entity is in deep sleep, when he faints, when there is some great shock on account of severe loss, at the time of death, or when the body temperature is very high, the movement of the life air is arrested
- When the Lord was deeply absorbed in internal consciousness but He nevertheless exhibited some external consciousness, devotees called His condition ardha-bahya, or half-external consciousness
- When there was a complete inundation after the period of the Caksusa Manu and the whole world was deep within water, the Lord (Matsya) accepted the form of a fish and protected Vaivasvata Manu, keeping him up on a boat
- When we are awakened, and we are acting with our intelligence, this is one stage. Then the another stage, that we are sleeping, dreaming. Another stage is that we are in deep sleep, forgetting everything. That is susuptih, or deep sleep
- While kirtana was going on, there was a transformation of ecstatic love and much tears, jubilation, trembling, perspiration and deep resounding in the body of Caitanya. Upon seeing this transformation, all the people present became very much astonished
- While Krsna and Balarama and Their friends were engaged in the pastimes described above, the cows, being unobserved, began to wander off on their own, entering farther and farther into the deepest part of the forest, allured by fresh grasses
- While Rukmini was in such deep thought, auspicious symptoms appeared in different parts of her body. Trembling began to occur in her left eyelid, arm and thigh
- Why does a woman continue to live who knows that Krsna's heart is unhappy but who still shows her deep anger toward Him? She is interested in her own happiness. I condemn such a woman to be struck on the head with a thunderbolt
- With a laugh full of deep significance, the worshipful Brahma evolved by his own loveliness, which seemed to enjoy itself by itself, the hosts of Gandharvas and Apsaras