"daridra-nārāyaṇa"|"daridra-nārāyaṇas"|"daridra nārāyaṇa"|"daridra nārāyaṇas
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Daridra-narayana"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- Some foolish persons have manufactured the term daridra-narayana, indicating that the poor man should be accepted as the representative of Narayana. But in Vedic literature we do not find that poor men should be treated as representatives of Narayana
- Sometimes so-called svamis are very eager to feed poor people, thinking them to be daridra-narayana, the Lord's incarnations as beggars. They prefer to serve the manufactured daridra-narayana than the original, supreme Narayana
- The idea that because Narayana is present in the heart of one who is daridra, or poor, the poor man should be called daridra-narayana is a wrong conception
- The impersonalist sometimes accepts a poor individual soul as being daridra-narayana, meaning that Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has become poor. This is a contradiction
- The so-called daridra-narayana, a misconception of the Supreme Lord by unauthorized persons, is never to be found in the sastras as the object of charity. Nor can a wretched poor man receive much munificent charity in the way of horses and elephants etc
- These lower grade persons gradually rise to become sauriyas (worshipers of the sun-god) or ganapatyas - worshipers of the mass of people as janata janardana or daridra-narayana, etc., in the form of Ganapati
- To support a theory that Narayana (God Himself) becomes a daridra-narayana, a poor man, they (the froggish philosophers) propose that the material energy overcomes God. Jiva Gosvami & Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura offer a very nice example in explanation
- We are not poor-feeding. That is not our philosophy. Like Vivekananda. Daridra-narayana-seva. No, we are not after that. We are giving you prasadam. And that is fact, that by eating, eating, eating, eating, you one day will become Krsna conscious
- We cannot assign Narayana a material designation, as the foolish attempt to do when they speak of daridra-narayana (poor Narayana). Narayana is always transcendental, beyond this material creation