"cut off"|"cuts off"|"cutting off"
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Cut Off"
The following 83 pages are in this category, out of 83 total.
- A compromise was selected by Arjuna by his sharp intelligence, and he separated the jewel from the head of Asvatthama. This was as good as cutting off his head, and yet his life was saved for all practical purposes
- A devotee is called akama, free of desire, and a nondevotee is called sarva-kama, or desirous of everything. On the seventh day, the demon Vrkasura decided that he should cut off his head and offer it to satisfy Lord Siva
- A pure devotee cuts off the limited ties of affection for his family and widens his activities of devotional service for all forgotten souls. The typical example is the band of six Gosvamis, who followed the path of Lord Caitanya
- A sadhu can cut off our attachment with this material world
- A teacher in school once threatened his pupil that he would cut off the pupil's head and hang it on the wall so that the child could see how his head had been cut off. The child became frightened and stopped his mischief
- Affection is the very hard knot for being bound up in this material world, this affection. Therefore the Vedic civilization is that the affection is to be cut off compulsory at a certain age, not that the affection should continue
- All the horses fell, their necks severed, and the chariots fell also, along with their flags and the fighters and drivers on the chariots. Almost all the infantry soldiers fell on the field of battle, their heads, hands and legs cut off
- As a result of this severe punishment (the king would immediately chop off the hands of the thief) there were practically no theft cases within the kingdom
- At last Bhima caught hold of Jayadratha and beat him very severely, almost dead. Then all but five hairs were cut off his head and he was taken to all the kings and introduced as the slave of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- At the last stage of one's life, one should be bold enough not to be afraid of death. But one must cut off all attachment to the material body and everything pertaining to it and all desires thereof
- Because of his (Arjuna) possessing spiritual assets, the doubts of duality were completely cut off
- But if in this battle you cut off my head with your thunderbolt and kill my soldiers, O Indra, O great hero, I shall take great pleasure in offering my body to other living entities (such as jackals and vultures)
- Foolish materialists, in the garb of leaders of the people in general, stick to family affairs without attempting to cut off relations with them, and thus they become victims of nature's law and get gross bodies again, according to their work
- From the Tulasi plant you can cut off only leaves for offering them to Krishna, never for cutting and planting. That is an offense
- Having cut off the nose and ears of Surpanakha, thus disfiguring her, the Lord was separated from mother Sita
- He (Maharaja Pariksit) repeatedly addressed and questioned the bull thus: O son of Surabhi, who has cut off your three legs? In the state of the kings who are obedient to the laws of the Supreme Personality of God, Krsna, there is no one as unhappy as you
- He (Salva) again rushed toward Lord Krsna. When Salva ran swiftly to attack Krsna with his club, Lord Krsna cut off his hand, which fell to the ground with the club
- He took up his sword, but because the stars were covered by clouds, he mistook the cow for the tiger and mistakenly cut off the cows' head with great force
- Her business is to cut off the heads of the demons. She is carrying one head in this hand, and in this hand she's carrying a chopper, and her business is to cut the heads of the demons. But she's also the agent of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Hurled by the mighty demon with all his strength, the flying trident shone brightly in the sky. The Personality of Godhead, however, tore it to pieces with His discus Sudarsana, which had a sharp-edged rim, even as Indra cut off a wing of Garuda
- I must admit that in many lives it would be impossible for Me to repay My debt to you because you have cut off the bondage of family life just to search for Me. Consequently I am unable to repay you
- If one hears an irresponsible person blaspheme the master and controller of religion, one should block his ears and go away if unable to punish him. But if one is able to kill, then one should by force cut out the blasphemer's tongue and kill the offender
- If this finger is cut off from my body, if you trample down with your feet this finger, I don't care for it. Similarly, to help oneself means to put oneself in the proper position, as part and parcel of Krsna. That is real helping
- In a state where the codes of Krsna are followed, no one is unhappy. Where such codes are not followed, the first sign is that three legs of the representative of religion are cut off, and thereby all miseries follow
- In the Battle of Kuruksetra Bhurisrava was especially engaged in a fight with Satyaki, and he killed ten sons of Satyaki. Later on, Arjuna cut off his hands, and he was ultimately killed by Satyaki
- King Indra used his thunderbolt to cut off the heads of both Bala and Paka in the presence of all their relatives and followers. In this way he created a very fearful atmosphere on the battlefield
- Krsna consciousness movement means to cut off family connection and enter into Krsna's family, not void
- Krsna said: "You (the gopis) have worshiped Me, cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation"
- Krsna then threw His weapons, and Bhaumasura's commander in chief, Pitha, along with his assistants, fell down, their military dress cut off and their heads, legs, arms and thighs severed. All of them were sent to the superintendent of death, Yamaraja
- Krsna was so dexterous that before Bhaumasura could throw his trident, his head was cut off by the sharp Sudarsana cakra. His head, illuminated by earrings and a helmet, fell down on the battlefield
- Living beings are part and parcel of the Complete Whole, and if they are severed from the Complete Whole, the illusory representation of completeness cannot fully satisfy them
- Lord Brahma then told Devahuti: My dear daughter of Manu, the same Supreme Personality of Godhead who killed the demon Kaitabha is now within your womb. He will cut off all the knots of your ignorance and doubt. Then He will travel all over the world
- Lord Siva told the demon, "My dear Vrkasura, you do not need to cut off your head. You may ask from me any benediction you like, and I shall fulfill your desire"
- Parasurama cut off like a mountain peak the head of Kartaviryarjuna, who had already lost his arms. When Kartaviryarjuna's ten thousand sons saw their father killed, they all fled in fear
- Parasurama then used his axe with great force to cut off Kartaviryarjuna's arms, just as one might lop off the hoods of a serpent
- Sanat-Kumara said, "My dear King, the false ego of a human being is so strong that it keeps him in material existence as if tied up by a strong rope. Only the devotees can cut off the knot of this strong rope very easily, by engaging themselves in KC"
- Simultaneously, he cut off one of Vrtrasura's arms, which was as thick as the body of Vasuki, the King of the serpents
- Siva said, "I do not know why you wanted to cut off your head to satisfy me. I become satisfied even by an offering of a little water"
- Srimati Kuntidevi was conscious of this fact, and therefore she prayed to the Lord (Krsna) to cut off the affectionate tie from her own kinsmen, the Pandavas and the Vrsnis
- Srimati Kuntidevi wished Sri Krsna to remain with her sons the Pandavas, but by His doing so her paternal house would be bereft of the benefit. All these partialities troubled the mind of Kunti, and therefore she desired to cut off the affectionate tie
- Such topics can cut off one's bondage to family affection simply by entering the holes of one's ears
- The hand of a body is a complete unit only as long as it is attached to the complete body. When the hand is severed from the body, it may appear like a hand, but it actually has none of the potencies of a hand
- The head (one of Visvarupa's three heads, that were cut of by Indra) meant for drinking wine was transformed into a kalavinka (sparrow), and the head meant for eating food became a tittiri (common partridge)
- The head is head so long it is attached to the body. If the head is cut off from the body, then what is the meaning of this head? It has no meaning
- The ksatriya kings were sometimes expected to cut off the head of a culprit in the state. For this reason the ksatriyas were allowed to hunt in the forest
- The living entity is in distress regarding his self-identity. He has no factual background, like a man who dreams that he sees his head cut off
- The mystic juggler Salva, speaking in this way before Lord Krsna, immediately cut off the head of the false Vasudeva. Then without hesitation he took away the dead body and got into his airplane
- The next morning the poet came to Lord Caitanya and surrendered unto His lotus feet. The Lord bestowed His mercy upon him and cut off all his bondage to material attachment
- The Personality of Godhead, as an ideal king, showed this by example. Sri Ramacandra cut off the tie of affection for His beloved wife to manifest the qualities of an ideal king
- The she-goat went to the residence of a brahmana who was the maintainer of another she-goat, and that brahmana angrily cut off the he-goat's dangling testicles. But at the he-goat's request, the brahmana later rejoined them by the power of mystic yoga
- The sons of Kartaviryarjuna, being devoid of the qualities of ksatriyas, were so cruel that despite her prayers they forcibly cut off his head and took it away
- The sufferings of the conditioned soul are superficial and have no intrinsic value, like the cutting off of one's head in a dream
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, using His disc, which was sharp like a razor, at once cut off Rahu's head. When Rahu's head was severed from his body, the body, being untouched by the nectar, could not survive
- Then Haridasa Thakura accepted the challenge offered by Gopala Cakravarti. "If by namabhasa liberation is not available, certainly I shall cut off my nose"
- This material manifestation is compared to a tree because a tree is ultimately cut off in due course of time. A tree is called vrksa. Vrksa means that thing which will be ultimately cut off
- Those who have had their arms cut off will have to work with the arms of Asvini-kumara, and those whose hands were cut off will have to do their work with the hands of Pusa. The priests will also have to act in that manner
- To cut off all family affection means to broaden the field of activities. Without doing this, no one can be qualified as a brahmana, a king, a public leader or a devotee of the Lord
- To cut off the tie of all other affections does not mean complete negation of the finer elements, like affection for someone else. This is not possible
- When a sadhu or a person saint speaks to his student, he does not make, does not show any mercy. He speaks the truth so that his mind may be cut off from the unreal attachment
- When Indra, the defeater of enemies, released his infallible thunderbolt scepter at Bali Maharaja with a desire to kill him, Bali Maharaja indeed fell to the ground with his airplane, like a mountain with its wings cut off
- When Kuntidevi wanted to cut off the family relation, she meant to cut off the relation of the skin. The skin relation is the cause of material bondage, but the relation of the soul is the cause of freedom
- When Lord Krsna saw the weapons of Banasura coming at Him, like water coming out of a strainer, He took His sharp-edged Sudarsana disc and began to cut off the demon's one thousand arms, one after another
- When Sambarasura was defeated in every respect, Pradyumna took his sharp sword and immediately cut off the demon's head, which was decorated with a helmet and valuable jewels
- When the demon was thus preparing to cut off his head, Lord Siva became very compassionate
- With his sharp club, the demon, who was roaring like a lion, attacked Garuda, the lord of the birds, who are born from eggs. But the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original person, used His disc to cut off the head of that enemy also
- With his thunderbolt, King Indra, who was also extremely powerful, pierced through Vrtrasura's abdomen and came out. Indra, the killer of the demon Bala, then immediately cut off Vrtrasura's head, which was as high as the peak of a mountain
- Without a sword, but simply with His hand, He cut off the head of the washerman. This is proof that the Supreme Lord is omnipotent
- You (Gopis) have worshiped Me (Lord Krsna), cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation
- You have to work for Krsna sincerely, intelligently, and victory or defeat, it doesn't matter. Just like Jatayu was defeated fighting with Ravana. His wings were cut off. Ravana was very strong. And Lord Ramacandra, He did his last funeral ceremonies
- You have worshiped Me, cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation