Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
cost | costing | costly | costs
- VedaBase query: cost or costs or costly or costing not "at any cost" not "at the cost of"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Cost"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- A sadhu should never flatter kings or rich men to live comfortably at their cost. A sadhu is to speak to the householders about the naked truth of life so that they may come to their senses about the precarious life in material existence
- According to the Vedic system, when a girl is married, she is very profusely and gorgeously decorated with costly saris and jewelry, and during the marriage ceremony the bride circumambulates the bridegroom seven times
- Another thing has developed in the meantime, that we have made contract to purchase a nice church here, costing $225,000; and the down payment has to be made $50,000 within the month of March
- Anyway purchase this church immediately. It is not very costly. $200,000 you can arrange. If it is available from BBT at this time then I have no objection
- As husband of so many wives, He pleased them all with presentations, even at a costly endeavor. He brought the parijata plant from heaven and implanted it at the palace of Satyabhama, one of the principal queens
- As soon as they heard that mother Yasoda had given birth to a child, all the cowherd women became overwhelmed with joy, and they also dressed themselves with various kinds of costly garments and ornaments and smeared scented cosmetics on their bodies
- At first the cost of Jagannatha prasadam for an invitation was four panas of conchshells, but when Ramacandra Puri was there, the price was cut in half
- At the present moment, we are accustomed to see my dress. "How costly dress I have got, I become satisfied..." No. When by dressing Krsna you'll feel satisfied, that is spiritual satisfaction. That is spiritual satisfaction
- I am in due receipt of your letter dated August 21, 1975 with enclosed copies of the master plan and cost estimate of the Hyderabad land. Who has drawn this big scheme
- I am trying here to establish one Temple of Sri Sri Radha Krishna and one big industrialist of India has promised to pay for the cost
- I approve for you to get books from BBT-L.A. at reduced prices, at the cost price, the same as India is getting. You can inform Ramesvara that I give my sanction
- I have taken quotation from good printing houses in San Francisco for Gitopanisad and it is estimated to cost about $11000.00 for five thousand copies case bound and golden title
- I thank you very much for the news that many cassette-tapes you have sent for continuing the taping process of my lectures and translating. Otherwise they are either unobtainable or very costly here in India, so it is a very nice service
- I want to know what it would cost to have Kaliya-Krsna Deity (with four mermaids offering prayers, Nagapatnis), and also Radha-Krishna with Lalita and Visakha, and also Guru and Gauranga?
- I want to know what would be the approximate cost for production and transportation of Kaliya-Krsna, Radha-Krsna, and Guru & Gauranga Deities to Fiji Island?
- I wish to donate 5 cows, so kindly send me the cost of 5 cows and I will send you check
- If all the vases have only rose flowers it would not have been so beautiful. Rose is costly, but the leaves are not costly. But the leaves and the rose fit together, it becomes very good variety
- If money is utilized by unqualified spiritual masters for living comfortably in costly temples without actually doing any preaching work, this is not acceptable
- If somebody comes forward to offer some service, the same reluctant acaryas will encourage the building of costly temples by such servitors
- If the cost is about Rs 5/- per record then would they be sold at Rs. 10/-? I do not know at what price you have sold them in the past. Anyway if you have already placed the order with Gramaphone Co. then what can be done?
- If there is an ideal class of men, the others will follow. Jewel. Jewel is always costly. Still everyone aspires, "If I get a jewel." That is wanted. Not that everybody can possess jewel, but still, everybody will appreciate jewel
- If they are without knowledge of devotional service to the Lord, then great nationalism, fruitive, political or social work, science or philosophy are all simply like costly garments decorating a dead body
- If you allow me to construct the temple on this spot, I can take up the work immediately without a moment's delay. Later on when the construction is completed the cost may be exchanged by giving me a land suitable for constructing a Varnashram college
- In Bengali it is said, sastarthin abastra:(?) "If you purchase something cheap, it will always give you trouble." Better spend once, costly things, nice things
- It is approved by me that you get the books for only 20% above the cost of printing
- Not only did they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possess all these things, but they could give them (milk products, various kinds of jewelry, ornaments and costly garments) away in charity lavishly, as did Nanda Maharaja
- Nowadays coat-pant is very costly. If you can spend your money, costly dress, we have no objection. Then you have to earn more; you have to work more. Therefore we are simplified
- One forgets if one drives a very costly car, he forgets himself that he is a poor man. He thinks that "I am this car." This is identification
- One should not be very enthusiastic about constructing costly temples or monasteries
- One thing is whether they have collected enough to cover all the costs. I have heard that despite all this distribution, now there is a big debt to the Book Fund. The GBC has to manage so expertly that there will not be debts
- Sadhu should never flatter kings or rich men to live comfortably at their cost
- Sannyasi must be independent and not rely upon temples to pay his expensive travelling costs, simply he must take Krishna's mercy whenever and wherever it is offered
- Sivananda Sena had bought very costly remnants of Lord Jagannatha's food. He brought it in and offered it to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who sat down to accept the prasadam with His associates
- So far making tapes of Ajamila series, I have told Los Angeles tape-making operation that they should distribute to our devotees at cost price - to nondevotee that is another thing
- So for maintaining the Gurukula at least the cost price for the books must be paid. Gurukula can take the profit for its maintenance. BBT cannot pay for maintenance of the temples. BBT can only pay for printing and temple properties and construction
- Some brought paida (a coconut preparation), some brought sweetballs, and some brought cakes and sweet rice. The prasadam was of different varieties, all very costly
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "There was no scarcity in his royal style because he had a very beautiful temple wherein the Deity of the Lord was decorated with costly paraphernalia and offered high grade food"
- Sukadeva Goswami says, this age is an ocean of faults, but there is one boon, in this age one gets the same result as was achieved in former ages through elaborate temple worship, costly sacrifices, or introspective meditation
- The cost for the food needed to invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was fixed at two panas of kaudis (160 conchshells), and that food would be taken by two men and sometimes three
- The cost for these two occasions was 640 kaudis. Therefore he would take that much from the servant and the brahmana
- The houses were decorated with costly jewels, and each and every house had nice compounds of trees bearing fruits and flowers. The corridors and verandas of the houses were decorated with silk cloth and embroidery work in jewels and pearls
- Their wealth was in milk, yogurt, clarified butter and many other milk products, and by trading their agricultural products, they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were rich in various kinds of jewelry, ornaments and costly garments
- They (Krsna's queens and sons) were dressed in costly garments decorated with ornaments, and their bodies were smeared with sandalwood pulp and garlanded with fragrant flowers
- They (the cowherd men) dressed themselves with very costly garments and ornamented their bodies with different kinds of earrings and necklaces and wore great turbans on their heads
- To invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would cost 320 kaudis (small conchshells). This would provide lunch for three people, including Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and sometimes Kasisvara and Govinda
- We must always remember that a devotee's life is one of vairagya-vidya, or renunciation and knowledge. Therefore all devotees are warned not to live unnecessarily luxurious lives at the cost of others
- What is the use of becoming a renouncer? After all, you have got this body. How can you renounce it? Either you cover it with underwear or either you cover it with costly dress, you have to cover it. So that covering also belongs to Krsna
- When he had fixed the form of the Lord in his mind, he (the brahmana) began to imagine in his meditations that he was dressing the Lord very nicely in costly clothing, with ornaments, helmets and other paraphernalia
- When you are put into the prison house, you have to keep aside your own household dress, and you have to take that particular dress. If you say, "No, no. I cannot accept this dress. I am a gentleman. I have got costly dress. I shall put on that," no
- Who can describe the damsels of Vraja? They were all seated on the carts and were very beautifully dressed with ornaments and costly saris. They chanted the pastimes of child Krsna as usual
- Yes, the process is to give the very best to the Spiritual Master no matter what the cost. Just like you'll recall in the story of Krishna and Sudama at the Gurukula of their Spiritual Master
- You can purchase immediately one membership ticket for ISKCON. It costs only Rs. 1111/-, and on this ticket you can stay in any temple for as many days as you like
- You go and see. They have spent lots of money for temple. That was the Oriental civilization. Even the Muhammadans, they would construct very costly mosque, but they would live in huts
- You have got nice costly car, then it drives very comfortably, but if you have got a less costly, cheap car, then you are not so comfortable. Similarly our comforts and discomforts are already settled as soon as you have got a particular type of body
- You may get books, as many as possible, from Karandhar, at cost price and sell them profusely for as much price as you like and all profits above cost price you may use to buy the church
- You will be glad to know that Mr. George Harrison has contributed the entire cost of publishing Krishna, and we are going to publish it very soon in Japan with various pictures