Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
copperlike | copper | coppery
Pages in category "Copper"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- Actually, these conversations are like a great mine where, from a single place, one can extract all kinds of metals - copper, bell metal, silver and gold - and also touchstone, the basis of all metals
- Arjuna, his eyes blazing in anger like two red balls of copper, dexterously arrested the son of Gautami and bound him with ropes like an animal
- Bilvamangala said, "His eyes are always moist, and His lips are colored like copper, and through those lips there comes a sound vibration which drives one madder than a mad elephant. I want so much to see Him at Vrndavana"
- Both Arjuna and Lord Sri Krsna are described here in an angry mood, but Arjuna's eyes were like balls of red copper whereas the eyes of the Lord were like lotuses
- By so-called development of industrial enterprises, they are now using pots of gutta-percha instead of metals like gold, silver, brass and copper. They are using margarine instead of purified butter, and one fourth of the city population has no shelter
- I passed through hills & mountains full of reservoirs of various minerals like gold, silver & copper, & through tracts of land with reservoirs of water filled with lotus flowers, fit for the denizens of heaven, decorated with bees & singing birds
- If you can mix copper, tin and mercury - this is stated in the sastra - you can make gold. It is not legend. The particular metals to be combined, that is stated: copper, tin and mercury. You mix, and there will be gold
- Kamsya is mixture of copper and tin, bell metal. When it is properly treated with mercury, it becomes gold. Similarly, a human being properly treated by initiation, he becomes a brahmana
- Krsna and Balarama thus satisfied Nanda and Yasoda by sweet words and by presentations of various kinds of clothing, ornaments and copper utensils
- The bore in the copper measuring pot must be made with a probe weighing not more than four masa and measuring not longer than four fingers. This regulates the diameter of the hole. The pot is submerged in water, and the overflooding time is called a danda
- The measuring pot for one nadika, or danda, can be prepared with a six-pala-weight (fourteen ounce) pot of copper, in which a hole is bored with a gold probe weighing four masa and measuring four fingers long
- They (Krsna and Balarama) saw that all the crossroads were decorated with gold and that there were copper and brass storehouses for stocking grain. And there were many rich men's houses, all appearing symmetrical, as if constructed by one engineer
- This age of Kali is not at all suitable for self-realization by the methods practiced in Satya-yuga, the golden age, or Treta- or Dvapara-yugas, the silver and copper ages
- Tin and copper and mercury; if you can mix, it will become gold
- When they quarrel among themselves, influenced by intoxication, with their eyes red like copper because of drinking (madhu), then only will they disappear; otherwise, it will not be possible. On My disappearance, this incident will take place
- Whole world is going on just like a motor car. It is combination of gross material - iron, steel, copper, glass, like that, and cotton, and fiber. The car is combination of some material things, but it is operated or it is manufactured by the man