Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
continually | continual | continuance | continuous | continuously | continuum
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Continuous"
The following 156 pages are in this category, out of 156 total.
- A pure devotee is not envious, hateful, or lazy in the discharge of devotional service. Confident of his advancement, he continually performs his prescribed devotional duties
- Advaita Acarya said, "You have been fasting continuously for three days in Your ecstasy of love for Krsna. I therefore invite You to My home, where You may kindly take Your alms. Come with Me to My residence"
- After accepting the sannyasa order at Katwa, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu traveled continuously for three days in Radha-desa and, by the trick of Nityananda Prabhu, eventually came to the western side of Santipura
- After accepting the sannyasa order, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, out of intense love for Krsna, started for Vrndavana. However, He mistakenly wandered about in a trance continuously for three days in the tract of land known as Radha-desa
- After planting the tulasi tree before your house, you should daily circumambulate that tulasi plant, serve her by giving her water and other things, and continuously chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- After this speech, all the members present in that great sacrificial assembly applauded, confirming his (Sahadeva's) words continuously by saying, "Everything you have said is completely perfect. Everything you have said is completely perfect"
- After thus instructing the prostitute about the process of chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, Haridasa Thakura stood up and left, continuously chanting "Hari, Hari"
- After your (Dhruva) father goes to the forest and awards you the rule of his kingdom, you will rule continuously the entire world for thirty-six thousand years, and all your senses will continue to be as strong as they are now. You will never become old
- All the devotees remained at Jagannatha Puri for four continuous months, and they observed all Lord Jagannatha's festivals with great pleasure
- Although every living entity is a part of the Supreme Being, because of lusty desires one continuously struggles for so-called betterment of one's economic condition
- Although one can suffer harm from an enemy and not mind so much because pain inflicted by an enemy is natural, when one is hurt by the strong words of a relative, one suffers the effects continually
- Although unfortunate people also get this opportunity (association with devotees), due to their great misfortune they cannot take shelter of pure devotees, and consequently they continuously suffer
- As it is stated in the Bhagavad-gita, Krsna’s expansion is situated in everyone’s heart as the Supersoul. Similarly, instead of expanding Himself as the Supersoul, He expanded Himself as a portion of calves and cowherd boys for one continuous year
- As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death
- As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change
- Association with pounds-and-shillings men, or visayis, materialists who are simply interested in sense gratification, pollutes one's mind and hampers continuous remembrance of Lord Krsna
- At this time Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu circumambulated the temple of Jagannatha and continuously danced about the whole area
- Attachment for Krsna never wanes; it increases more and more as one attains different stages. All the stages together are called sthayibhava, or continuous existence of ecstasy
- Because we (the members of the Hare Krsna movement) live in the temples of Radha-Krsna and continuously hold hari-nama-sankirtana - the chanting of Hare Krsna - we consequently live in Vrndavana and nowhere else
- Being so pleased by Krsna's return, Maharaja Nanda gave many cows and much gold in charity to the brahmanas. While Nanda Maharaja was thus engaged, mother Yasoda simply embraced Krsna and made Him sit on her lap while she shed tears continuously
- Changing varieties are the mother of enjoyment. The cowherd boys would continuously play, then stop, and then again enjoy in a different way
- Changing varieties are the mother of enjoyment. The cowherd boys would continuously play, then stop, and then again enjoy in a different way. Therefore every day a demon would come and interrupt their sporting pastimes
- Chant the Hare Krsna mantra continuously and render service to the tulasi plant by watering her and offering prayers to her. In this way you will very soon get the opportunity to be sheltered at the lotus feet of Krsna
- Continual perfect love of Godhead is called sthayi-bhava, and when it is performed in a particular type of transcendental relationship it is called anubhava. But the stage of mahabhava is visible amongst the personal pleasure potential energies
- Continuous rubbing increases the aroma of Malaya sandalwood. Similarly, consideration of this verse increases one's understanding of its importance
- Devaki said, "All the conditioned souls are continually fleeing from one body to another and one planet to another, yet they do not get free from the onslaught of birth and death"
- Devotees who render continuous service to the Lord have already attained immortality, for whatever they are doing in this life they will continue to do in the next
- Don't try to do anything artificially. That is sahajiya, which means a class of men that take everything very cheap. You want to perform sacrifice so continuously read our Vedic scriptures and perform the Vaikuntha yajna
- During those eighteen years, all the devotees of Bengal used to visit Him at Jagannatha Puri every year. They would remain there for four continuous months and enjoy the company of the Lord
- Duskrtina means always doing against the scriptural or religious injunction. Always, continuously. Our business is now to break the rules of scriptures. That's all. That has become our business, duskrtina, always
- For eighteen continuous years, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained at Jagannatha Puri and, through His personal behavior, instructed all living entities in the mode of devotional service
- For eighty-five thousand years, Kartaviryarjuna continuously enjoyed material opulences with full bodily strength and unimpaired memory
- For four continuous months all the devotees remained there and enjoyed chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- For nine continuous days His Lordship Sri Jagannatha-deva stayed at the Gundica temple. During this time Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also stayed there and performed the pastimes with His devotees that have already been described
- For one year continuously, Krsna Himself expanded as the calves and cowherd boys and was present in the pasturing ground
- For ten continuous days Advaita Acarya held feasting and chanting in the evening. He served the Lord in this way without any change
- Haridasa fasted continuously for three days. Then Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and other confidential devotees approached Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to inquire from Him
- Having heard these verses recited by Rupa Gosvami, Srila Ramananda Raya said, "Your poetic expressions are like continuous showers of nectar. Kindly let me hear the introductory portion of the second drama"
- He always chanted the holy name of Raghunatha and meditated upon Him. He continuously heard about the activities of the Lord from the Ramayana and chanted about them
- He arrested Ramacandra Khan, along with his wife and sons, and then he continuously plundered the house and village for three days
- He continuously exhibited bodily transformations of transcendental love. Thus he cried, trembled, became stunned, perspired, danced in love of Godhead and made sounds like those of a cloud
- He taught them how to express the symptoms of continuous, natural and transitional ecstasies with the movements of their faces, their eyes and the other parts of their bodies
- Human being who does not cultivate spiritual life but dies like the cats and dogs is degraded in his next life. From human life, such a person is put into the cycle of continuous birth and death
- I am continuously trying to publish books, as suggested by my spiritual master
- I am very glad to know that you are gradually stepping upwards by your service attitude and I would request you to prolong this attitude eternally, and Krishna will reveal Himself unto you continually
- I do not want that a branch should be continually maintained by other branches; every branch should be self-dependent
- I want to travel continually to see my centers. Now there is little impediment on account of my old body. Still I am trying and will continue to try to see you again and again
- I wanted to make some sannyasis to do what I am doing, and if you keep the standard, always chanting Hare Krishna, then it will go on continuously without impediment
- I was on the sea for one month and ten days continually, and that was a horrible account. Perhaps you have read it in my diary which you collected in Vrindaban
- If a devotee is continuously in love with Lord Krsna and his mind is always fixed upon Him, that devotional attitude will prove to be the only means of attracting the attention of the Lord
- If one continuously or permanently concentrates on living with his family, he should be understood to be killing himself
- If you continually hear with faith and appreciation, then you will come to the stage of tasting
- In order to be recognized by Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one should chant the holy name of the Lord continuously, twenty-four hours a day. Unfortunate persons who cannot accept this formula prefer to execute some type of pseudomeditation
- In our KC movement we are teaching our followers to chant the Hare Krsna mantra continuously on beads. Even those who are not accustomed to this practice are advised to chant at least sixteen rounds on their beads so that they may be trained
- In the age of Kali in most cases the rulers are impious, and therefore the citizens are also continuously unhappy. But in the case of democracy, the impious citizens themselves elect their representative to rule over them
- Indra inundated Vrndavana with continual rain. Krsna, however, protected all of the citizens and animals of Vrndavana by lifting Govardhan Hill, which served as an umbrella
- It appears that Devahuti had no sense pleasure, even with her husband, otherwise she would not have deteriorated in health. Acting to facilitate Kardama Muni's engagement in spiritual elevation, she continually assisted him, not caring for bodily comfort
- It is explained in the Bhagavad-gita that only one who has continually executed pious activities and whose sinful reactions in life have completely stopped can take to Krsna consciousness. Others cannot
- It is recommended that before the next death, if we come to the right conclusion how we shall become happy, then this process of continuously dying and again taking birth and again disease and again old age, then it is not very good
- It is said at the time of destruction, first of all there will be no rain, no rain for hundreds of years. So everything will dry up and die, practically by continuous sunshine
- Jnanis concentrate on the virat-rupa, the gigantic universal form of the Lord. This is a good system in the beginning for those who are extremely materialistic, but there is no need to think continuously of the virat-rupa
- Just as gold is continually transferred from one place to another in due course of purchase and sale, so the living entity, as a result of his fruitive activities, wanders throughout the entire universe, being injected into various bodies
- Just as the air or wind cannot be checked by anyone, the two nostrils, situated in one place, enjoy the sense of smell without impediment. When the tongue is present, the mouth continually tastes all kinds of relishable foodstuffs
- Just as the sun globe is passing over many places across this earthly planet, so krsna-lila, or the transcendental advent and pastimes of Krsna, are also going on continuously, either in this or another universe
- King Nanda said, "After telling me this, Gargacarya returned home, and since then we have been continually seeing the wonderful activities of this child (Krsna)"
- Krishna will certainly bestow His Mercy upon you, and I pray that you will live long for chanting HARE KRISHNA continuously
- Krsna comes to introduce the system by which one can get relief from this continuous, troublesome life. Therefore Krsna says: yada yada hi dharmasya glanir, glanir bhavati
- Krsna continued, "I cannot repay your (the gopis) continuous love for Me, even throughout the lifetimes of the demigods in the heavenly planet"
- Krsna lifted the Govardhana Hill, just as a boy picks up a frog's umbrella, and stood several days continuously just to give protection to the residents of Vrndavana
- Krsna's friend said, "At Vrndavana all the residents have become blind from their continuous crying over Your absence. They are full only of anxieties and are not cheered at all by Your (Krsna) becoming the King of Mathura"
- Krsna's pastimes are continuously going on, either in this universe or in another universe
- Nanda continued, "How wonderful it is that for seven days continuously He (Krsna) held up Govardhana Hill with one hand! How wonderful it is that He has killed all the demons like Pralambasura, Dhenukasura, Aristasura, Trnavarta and Bakasura"
- Neither Jarasandha nor Bhimasena became fatigued or defeated in the fighting, although they struck each other continuously
- Nityananda Prabhu said, "I have undergone fasting for three days continuously. Today I had hoped to break My fast"
- O Krsna, those who continuously hear, chant and repeat Your transcendental activities, or take pleasure in others' doing so, certainly see Your lotus feet, which alone can stop the repetition of birth and death
- O supreme great one! O Supreme Personality of Godhead! O Supersoul, master of all mystic power! Your pastimes are taking place continuously in these worlds
- On the eighth day, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "You have been listening to Vedanta philosophy from me continually for seven days"
- On the top of the mountain called Udayagiri are large lakes from which water continuously pours in waterfalls. Similarly, Indra's carrier, Airavata, holds water and wine in reserve and showers it in the direction of Lord Indra
- One can read for fifty years continually and get new enlightenment one after another
- One occasion for remembrance is Ekadasi, which comes twice a month on the eleventh day of the moon, both waning and waxing. On that day all the devotees remain fasting throughout the night and continuously chant the glories of the Lord
- One should try to purchase a ticket to go back home, back to Godhead. The price of such a ticket is one's intense desire for it, which is not easily awakened, even if one continuously performs pious activities for thousands of lives
- One time, having seen the great disturbances in Brhadvana, all the elderly persons among the cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, assembled and began to consider what to do to stop the continuous disturbing situations in Vraja
- One who does not do so (eat only food offered to Kṛṣṇa) continues to increase the volume of sinful action, and this prepares the next body to resemble hogs and dogs, to suffer the resultant reactions of all sins
- Only an animal can give up the practice of chanting Hare Krsna. Those who are not animals but actually intelligent, advanced, human, civilized men cannot give up this practice of continually chanting Hare Krsna
- Other devotees of the Lord - headed by Advaita, Nityananda Prabhu, Mukunda, Srivasa, Vidyanidhi, Vasudeva and Murari - used to visit Jagannatha Puri and remain with the Lord for four continuous months. The Lord enjoyed various pastimes in their company
- Our real love is continuous and unending, but because that love is reflected pervertedly in this material world, it lacks continuity and is inebriating
- Out of His (Advaita Acarya's) causeless compassion for the age-worn human society, He prayed fervently for the incarnation of the Lord and continually worshiped the Lord with water of the Ganges and leaves of the holy tulasi tree
- People are kept in darkness about the goal of life, and thus there is a continuous struggle for existence. We speak of "survival of the fittest," but no one survives, for no one is free under material conditions
- Prahlada Maharaja's example was that in spite of continuous torturing by his father, he never forgot Krsna. This we have to follow. In spite of all kinds of inconveniences and torture by the atheist class of men, we shall never forget Krsna consciousness
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna as follows: "Please stop our continuous cycle of birth and death"
- She (Diti, the wife of the sage Kasyapa) continuously bore the powerful semen of Kasyapa Muni, which was meant to give trouble to others, for one hundred years
- Since all Krsna's pastimes are taking place continuously, at every moment some pastime is existing in one universe or another. Consequently these pastimes are called eternal by the Vedas and Puranas
- Some way or other, if someone establishes in his mind his continuous relationship with Krsna, this relationship is called remembrance
- Sometimes devotees in santa-rasa become stunned, peaceful, jubilant, deliberate, reflective, anxious, dexterous and argumentative. These symptoms indicate continuous ecstasy, or established emotion
- Sometimes it is seen that cranes and ducks meander continually on the banks of the lakes and rivers, although the banks are filled with muddy garbage and thorny creepers
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested all His personal associates to bless Rupa Gosvami so that he might continuously describe the pastimes of Vrndavana, which are full of emotional love of Godhead
- Srila Ramananda Raya said, "This is not a poetic presentation; it is a continuous shower of nectar. Indeed, it is the essence of all ultimate realizations, appearing in the form of plays"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami says that fright, sleep, fatigue, laziness and the madness of intoxication are sometimes grouped under continuous symptoms of ecstatic love, and they are due to a strong attraction
- Taking the advice of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and our spiritual master, one can go to any part of the world and instruct people to become devotees by following the regulative principles, worshiping the tulasi plant and continuously chanting Hare Krsna
- That brahmana became a great devotee of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and for four continuous months he did not give up the Lord's company
- The citizens of mathura continued, "Krsna held up the great Govardhana Hill in one hand for seven continuous days and saved all the people of Gokula from incessant rain, hurricane and hailstorm"
- The continuous ecstasy of love can remain like a powerful king, subduing all temporary manifestations of love as well as any opposing elements of anger. Thus ecstatic love can be described as direct or indirect
- The devotees derive more transcendental pleasure while engaged continuously in the service of the Lord than when they have no such engagement
- The difference between the Supreme Lord and the living entities continuously exists, even though at the time of dissolution they appear to merge
- The disciple remains eternally indebted to the spiritual master and continually works in such a way that the spiritual master may become pleased upon him for such sincere services rendered
- The eternal pastimes of Krsna are continuously taking place in the original Goloka Vrndavana planet. These same pastimes are gradually manifested within the material world, in each and every brahmanda
- The history of the West - beginning from the time of the Greeks and the Romans down to the modern age of atomic war - is a continuous chain of sense gratificatory materialism and the result is that the westerners were never in peace
- The history of the West beginning from the time of the Greeks and the Romans down to the modern age of atomic war, is a continuous chain of sense gratificatory materialism
- The idea is that local devotees must manage the local temple. In case of emergency, the other temples may help, but that should not be continued, for all the time
- The living being in the conditioned state of material existence is subjected to many transmigrations by continuous changing of the material body
- The living being in the conditioned state of material existence is subjected to many transmigrations by continuous changing of the material body. But what are the causes of the material embodiment of the part and parcel of the Lord?
- The Lord (Caitanya), after accepting the sannyasa order, at once wanted to start for Vrndavana. For three continuous days He traveled in the Radha-desa (places where the Ganges does not flow)
- The Lord does not bestow material blessings upon the devotees, for they may be entrapped again in this material world by continuous birth, death, old age and disease
- The Lord is always eager to take the living entity back to the spiritual energy, but due to his minute independence the individual entity is continually rejecting the association of spiritual light
- The Lord's appearance as a child in the house of Devaki takes place continuously in one universe after another. Therefore, the devotee is first transferred to that particular universe where the pastimes of the Lord are current
- The Pandavas could not even think of separation from Sri Krsna, since the attraction was more intense for them because of continuous personal contact
- The personified Vedas continued, "Pure devotees seek only the association of paramahamsas, or great liberated devotees, so that they can continuously hear and chant about Your glories"
- The sages headed by Saunaka and others assembled at this holy place of Naimisaranya with a program of performing a great and continuous chain of sacrificial ceremonies
- The transcendentalist, by continuous Krsna consciousness and by devotional service to Krsna, can have his spiritual eyes opened and can see Krsna by revelation. Such a revelation is not possible even for the demigods
- The word tamasah is very significant here. Tamasah indicates those who stay continuously in the mode of ignorance without rising to a higher mode. Their future is very dark
- The World Sankirtana Party should consist of members who can impress spiritual ecstasy in the hearts of the people so that some of them may come forward and agree to establish a center where the Sankirtana party may go on continually
- These two were then initiated by Madhavendra Puri, and he entrusted them with the daily service of the Lord. This service was performed continuously, and the worship of the Deity became very gorgeous. Thus Madhavendra Puri was very pleased
- They engage almost twenty-four hours daily in rendering service to the Lord. They usually sleep only an hour and a half, and some days, when they continuously chant the Lord's holy name, they do not sleep at all
- This material body continues as long as one is not detached from the false conception of lording it over material nature
- Those who are true yogis or learned transcendentalists are not attracted by sense pleasures, which are the causes of continuous material existence
- Thus for seven days continually, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu listened to the Vedanta philosophy expounded by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- Thus the King, Maharaja Pariksit, sat to fast until death. All the demigods of the higher planets praised the King's actions and in pleasure continually scattered flowers over the earth and beat celestial drums
- To keep the gopis in Vrndavana satisfied, Lord Balarama stayed there continuously for two months, namely the months of Caitra (March–April) and Vaisakha (April–May)
- To say nothing of Lord Brahma, even Lord Ananta, who has thousands of heads, cannot reach the end of the Lord's transcendental qualities, even though He is continuously chanting their praises
- We can see from His (Krishna's) presentation of this Bhagavad-gita how supreme He is. He spoke this truth five thousand years before, and continually, for five thousand years, all scholars are studying this scripture, and studying very devotedly
- When all such symptoms are included in ecstatic love, they are called ancari, or continuously existing ecstatic symptoms
- When continuous love of Godhead is mixed with the processes of devotional service, it is called vibhava, anubhava, sattvika and vyabhicari. The devotee thus enjoys a variety of transcendental bliss
- When one's mind and senses are attracted to sense objects for enjoyment, the mind becomes agitated. As a result of continually thinking of sense objects, one's real consciousness almost becomes lost
- When proceeding toward Vrndavana, Caitanya was overwhelmed with ecstatic love for Krsna, He lost all remembrance of the external world. In this way He traveled continuously for three days in Radha-desa, the country where the Ganges River does not flow
- Whenever singing is needed in the celestial planets, the Gandharvas are invited to sing. The Gandharvas can sing continuously for days, and therefore Vakresvara Pandita wanted to dance as they sang
- While continuously staring at the tip of the nose, a learned yogi practices the breathing exercises through the technical means known as puraka, kumbhaka and recaka
- While continuously staring at the tip of the nose, a learned yogi practices the breathing exercises through the technical means known as puraka, kumbhaka and recaka - controlling inhalation and exhalation and then stopping them both
- While returning to their homes, they (the brahmanas, kings, sages and demigods) talked of the dealings of Yudhisthira & even after continuous talk of his greatness they were not satiated, just as one may drink nectar over & over again & never be satisfied
- Yudhisthira administered generously to everyone during his reign. He was exactly like a father. He had no personal ambition and was freed from all sorts of sense gratification because of his continuous service unto the lotus feet of the Lord Sri Krsna
- Yudhisthira said, "This nectar coming from the mouth of a devotee is so powerful that if one is fortunate enough to have the opportunity to drink it, he is immediately freed from the continuous journey of birth and death"