commander | commanders | commander's
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Commander"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- Abhimanyu was the son of Subhadra, Krsna's younger sister. He was killed at the Battle of Kuruksetra by the combined efforts of all the commanders in King Duryodhana's army - namely, Karna, Asvatthama, Jayadratha, Bhisma, Krpacarya and Dronacarya
- All the commanders of the parties on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra were standing face to face, and Arjuna saw them with great compassion and lamented that he was to kill his kinsmen on the battlefield for the sake of the empire
- All the jewelry from the bodies of the soldiers and commanders seemed like many pebbles flowing down the river of blood
- Although his commanders and captains were agitated and were about to kill the demigods, Maharaja Bali, seeing that the demigods were coming to him without a militant attitude, forbade his commanders to kill them
- Angada and the other commanders of the soldiers of Ramacandra faced the elephants, infantry, horses and chariots of the enemy and hurled against them big trees, mountain peaks, clubs and arrows
- As a fort commander very easily conquers invading plunderers, by taking shelter of a wife one can conquer the senses, which are unconquerable in the other social orders
- In the beginning of your letter your comparison of the soldier and commander is very appropriate. We are on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, one side Maya, the other side Krsna
- Is Prtha still living? She lived only for the sake of her fatherless children; otherwise it was impossible for her to live without King Pandu, who was the greatest commander & who alone conquered the four directions simply with the help of a second bow
- Maharaja Yudhisthira's younger brothers were acting as his ministers and commanders of state, and there was full cooperation between the perfectly religious brothers of the King
- Mucukunda continued, "Assisted by many commanders, puffed up by power, I could not trace out Your Lordship, who always sit within my heart as the most intimate friend. I did not care for You, this was the fault of my so-called exalted material condition"
- My dear King Yudhisthira, because of these three dwellings the commanders of the demons remained invisible to the demigods. Taking advantage of this opportunity, the demons, remembering their former enmity, began to vanquish the three worlds
- O King, Vrtrasura, the commander in chief of the demons, advised his lieutenants in the principles of religion, but the cowardly demoniac commanders, intent upon fleeing the battlefield, were so disturbed by fear that they could not accept his words
- O lord, we know that when you simply move your eyebrows, all the commanders of the various planets are most afraid. Without the help of any assistant, you have conquered all the three worlds
- On the Kaurava side there were many stalwart commanders like Bhisma, Drona, Krpa and Karna, and their military strength was as insurmountable as the great ocean
- Once upon a time King Puranjana took up his great bow, and equipped with golden armor and a quiver of unlimited arrows and accompanied by eleven commanders, he sat on his chariot driven by five swift horses and went to the forest named Panca-prastha
- Seated in this airplane under a beautiful protective umbrella and being fanned by the best of camaras, Maharaja Bali, surrounded by his captains and commanders, appeared just like the moon rising in the evening, illuminating all directions
- So formerly, five thousand years ago, the same system, military - ordinary soldiers, then the captain, then the commander, the commander-in-chief - as there are gradations in the modern age, the same thing was there
- So we generally speak that Arjuna was military commander. So before understanding Bhagavad-gita, he was commander, and after understanding, he remained a commander, but he became Krsna conscious
- Surrounding Maharaja Bali on all sides were the commanders and captains of the demons, sitting on their respective chariots
- The bodily senses are considered plunderers of the fort of the body. The wife is supposed to be the commander of the fort, and therefore whenever there is an attack on the body by the senses, it is the wife who protects the body from being smashed
- The brahmana said, "You Pathana soldiers are all under the protection of your king. Let us go to your commander and get his decision"
- The demigods approached Bali Maharaja, the son of Virocana, and sat down near him. Bali Maharaja was protected by the commanders of the demons and was most opulent, having conquered all the universes
- The eleventh attendant, who is the commander of the others, is known as the mind. He is the leader of the senses both in the acquisition of knowledge and in the performance of work
- The great heroes of Dvaraka City, headed by commanders such as Pradyumna, counterattacked the soldiers and airplane of Salva. When he saw the extreme distress of the citizens, Pradyumna immediately arranged his soldiers and personally got up on a chariot
- The King inquired: At the end of the pastimes of the Lord of the three worlds, Sri Krsna, and after the disappearance of the members of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties, who were the best of the great commanders, why did Uddhava alone remain?
- The kings and commanders were not so-called presidents or ministers of defense as they are today. They would not stay home while the poor soldiers or mercenaries were fighting face to face
- The kings and the commanders were to stand in the front of the fighting soldiers. That was the system of actual fighting
- The ministers, the military commanders and even the ordinary soldiers were all selected by personal qualification, and the king had to supervise them properly before they were appointed to their respective posts
- The regulative principles of a battlefield, namely to abide by the order of the commander, must be followed. Otherwise it is impossible to direct the fighting capacity of the soldiers and thus defeat the opposing elements
- The son of Brhadrana will be Urukriya, who will have a son named Vatsavrddha. Vatsavrddha will have a son named Prativyoma, and Prativyoma will have a son named Bhanu, from whom Divaka, a great commander of soldiers, will take birth
- The Vedic concept of the commander is that he must be in front in the fight, not that he sit back behind the lines
- The word vahan refers to the soldiers on horseback who protected the legs of the carrier elephants. According to the system of military arrangement, the legs of the elephant bearing the commander were also protected
- Their (Bhaumasura's soldiers and commanders) arms, legs and heads separated from their trunks, and all their horses and elephants also fell with them. In this way, all the weapons released by Bhaumasura were cut to pieces by the Lord's arrows
- There have been many great politicians and military commanders like Napoleon, Hitler, Shubhash Chandra Bose and Gandhi, but as soon as their lives were finished, their popularity, influence and everything else were finished also
- There were many changes of commanders on the other side, but on the Pandavas' side Arjuna alone on the chariot driven by Lord Krsna could manage the whole responsibility of the great war
- They (The seven sons of demon Mura) equipped themselves with the necessary weapons and situated Pitha, another demon, to act as commander in the battle. By the order of Bhaumasura, all of them combinedly attacked Krsna
- When Arjuna was seemingly polluted by ignorance upon observing the soldiers and commanders before him on the battlefield, the Lord (Krsna) eradicated his ignorance by delivering transcendental knowledge
- When he (Bhaumasura) saw that all his soldiers, commanders and fighters had been killed on the battlefield by the strokes of the weapons of the Personality of Godhead, he became exceedingly angry at the Lord
- When Lord Krsna, Maharaj Yudhisthira and the other Pandavas approached Bhismadeva, he was very grateful to Lord Krsna, and he addressed the brahmana military commander, Krpacarya, thus
- When the commanders of the Yadu dynasty came back to see Krsna, they were all surprised to see the condition of Rukmi. Lord Balarama became especially compassionate toward His sister-in-law (Rukmini), who was newly married to His brother (Krsna)
- You (Hiranyaksa) are supposed to be the commander of many foot soldiers, and now you may take prompt steps to overthrow Us
- You are all exalted commanders of the entire universe. I am your disciple and must take many lessons from you. Therefore I cannot refuse you. I must agree for my own benefit
- You are supposed to be the commander of many foot soldiers, and now you may take prompt steps to overthrow Us. Give up all your foolish talk and wipe out the cares of your kith and kin by slaying Us