Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"co-wife"|"co-wives"|"other wives"|"many wives"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Co-wives (1 P)
Pages in category "Co-wives"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Even if he goes from forest to forest, one who is not self-controlled must always fear material bondage because he is living with six co-wives - the mind and knowledge-acquiring senses
- Even the man may have many wives, polygamy, still, every woman should be married. And she would get instruction from the husband. This is Vedic system. Woman is not allowed to go to school, college, or to the spiritual master
- If you are miserly and do not give Me the offerings, every one of you will have an old husband with at least four co-wives
- In Diti's appeal to her husband for sex, it was not exactly that she was afflicted by sex desires, but she desired sons. Since she had no sons, she felt poorer than her co-wives. Therefore Kasyapa was supposed to satisfy his bona fide wife
- Knowing that she was pregnant, the co-wives of the wife of Bahuka conspired to give her poison with her food, but it did not act. Instead, the son was born along with the poison. Therefore he became famous as Sagara ("one who is born with poison")
- Krsna had experienced that when Rukmini was offered a parijata flower by Narada Muni, Satyabhama had become envious of her co-wife and had immediately demanded a similar flower from Krsna