Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Character of a Devotee of God
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Character of a Devotee of God"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- He (a devotee) is satisfied simply by discharging loving service to the Lord. That is the characteristic of pure devotion
- He (Hanuman) always remained engaged in His service. That is the ideal character of Hanuman, for which he is still worshiped by all devotees. Prahlada Maharaj also offered his respectful obeisances unto Hanuman
- Maharaja Pariksit is not satisfied with only material knowledge. He is inquisitive about the character and activities of the great souls, the devotees of the Lord
- My dear Sanatana, although you are the deliverer of the entire universe and although even the demigods and great saints are purified by touching you, it is the characteristic of a devotee to observe and protect the Vaisnava etiquette
- The devotee's desirable qualities are described to be twenty-six in number. They are stated as follows: No one can find fault in his character and he is magnanimous, mild and always clean, internally and externally
- The most important characteristic of a pure devotee is that he is not lampata, or licentious, and another quality is that he is always eager to mitigate the miseries of suffering humanity
- This narration describes the characteristics of the great and exalted devotee Prahlada Maharaja, his staunch devotional service, his perfect knowledge, and his perfect detachment from material contamination