Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
chanter | chanters
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Chanting (5 P)
Pages in category "Chanter"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Due to aroma of the parijata flower, the honeybees would begin their humming vibration, & the birds also would begin their sweet chirping sounds. All together it would sound like the singing of professional chanters engaged in offering prayers to Krsna
- During Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's time, one party was composed of twenty-one men: four people playing mrdangas, one leading the chanting, and sixteen others striking karatalas, responding to the leading chanter
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said that when Krsna entered the poisonous waters of the Yamuna, Srimati Yasoda Devi went insane. Instead of searching for curative herbs, she began to speak to the trees as if they were snake chanters
- It is understood that the chanters have already studied all the Vedic literature. The specific word used here is anucuh, which means that because they have already completed all those recommended acts, they have become qualified to be spiritual masters
- The chanter has to concentrate on hearing the vibration, and without extra endeavor on his part, the Lord will automatically appear
- The maha-mantra can be used for japa and kirtana also. When japa is practiced it is for the personal benefit of the chanter, but when kirtana is performed it is for the benefit of all others who may hear
- The so-called dead man bitten by a snake can be brought back to life by the chanting of some mantra. There are expert chanters of these mantras who can perform this feat
- The word juhuvuh means that the chanters of the holy name have already performed all kinds of sacrifices. Sasnuh means that they have already traveled to all the holy places of pilgrimage and taken part in purificatory activities at those places
- Then Lord Nityananda found a way to end the kirtana. He gradually stopped all the chanters
- There were altogether four parties of kirtana performers, comprising twenty-four chanters. In each party there were also two mrdanga players, making an additional eight persons
- We don't ask you to dance, but the chanter automatically dances. These are the spiritual significance of this movement, and anyone is invited. There is no restriction for any caste, creed and color
- When a Vedic mantra is chanted within the mouth so that only the chanter can hear, the chanting is called japa. But when such mantras are chanted loudly, it is called kirtana
- When the four parties were formed, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, after some consideration, divided the chanters
- When there was no longer a tumultuous sound, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to external consciousness. Then Nityananda Prabhu informed Him of the fatigue of the chanters and dancers
- While the learned brahmana (Sudama) was considering this, a group of beautiful men and women with features resembling those of the demigods, accompanied by musical chanters, approached to welcome him