Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
calm | calmed | calmer | calming | calmly | calmness
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Calm"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- A devotee is always calm, quiet and patient, despite many distressful conditions
- After calming down, the Muslim secretary offered his respects and informed the representative of the Orissan government, "The Muslim governor has sent me here"
- Anantadeva, who was calmly holding all the planets on His hood, was moving in this way and that due to the transcendental vibration from Krsna's flute, which penetrated through the covering of this universe and reached to the spiritual sky
- At that time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu calmed the youth and ordered him to come there daily to meet Him
- He (a devotee) is always calm, quiet and patient, despite many distressful conditions. A devotee is also always kind to everyone, even to his enemy
- Here at Bhaktivedanta Manor the place is the nicest possible. It is calm and quiet and the village is neat and clean. I am daily walking in the morning with all devotees
- Seeing the circumstances, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu finally became calm so that the boat was able to reach the shore of Adaila and land there
- She is cunning. (13) She is expert in executing Her duties. (14) She is shy. (15) She is always respectful. (16) She is always calm. (17) She is always grave. (18) She is expert in enjoying life
- She thought of Him in the calm and quiet atmosphere of Vrndavana, dressed as a cowherd boy. But at Kuruksetra He was in a royal dress and was accompanied by elephants, horses and crowds of men. Thus the atmosphere was not congenial for Their meeting
- Since I have come here to Letchmore Heath, I am improved in my health more than in India. The place is very calm and quiet. It is sufficiently spacious also. I walk within the village daily in the morning along with devotees and it is very pleasant
- Sometimes Yasoda was raising her arms like the waves of the ocean & because of her intense feelings of separation, she was rolling on the ground and creating a tumultuous roaring sound. And sometimes she was remaining completely silent, like a calm sea
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu tried to restrain Himself as far as possible before Vallabhacarya, but although He tried to keep calm, His ecstatic love could not be checked
- Sri Ramananda Raya personally bathed these girls, touching them and washing them with his own hands, yet he remained calm and passionless, as a great devotee should be. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu certified that this was possible only for Ramananda Raya
- Suddenly, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became calm and considered His state of mind. He remembered the words of Pingala, and this aroused an ecstasy that moved Him to speak. Thus He explained the meaning of the verse
- The King replied, "Kasi Misra's house is exactly what you require. It is near the temple and is very secluded, calm and quiet"
- The materialistic way of life means to increase and create problems. That is not perfect human civilization. The perfect human civilization is that you have to sit very calmly, quietly, and philosophically think, "How to solve the problem?"
- The queens said, "Dear kurari bird, now it is very late at night. Everyone is sleeping. The whole world is now calm and peaceful. At this time, the Supreme Personality of Godhead is sleeping, although His knowledge is undisturbed by any circumstances"
- The sex impulse is so strong that even if one is very learned, he becomes agitated in such circumstances. If this is the case, how can a young man in a nice park remain calm and quiet after seeing a beautiful young woman
- The spiritual master is there, the scripture is there, and God is there, within you and within me. The atmosphere is calm and quiet, we have a good boat and a good navigator, and the wind is blowing favorably. We should take our chance and cross the ocean
- Their (the gopis) attraction to the vibration of the flute increased a thousand times due to the rising full moon, the red horizon, the calm and cool atmosphere and the blossoming flowers
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu peacefully calmed them all and bade each of them farewell
- There should be practical realization. What is that practical realization? Prasantatma. Prasantatma. The mind is calm and quiet, no more agitated by the attraction of this material encirclement
- They brought the Lord to His bed, calmed Him and then asked, "Why have You done this to Yourself"
- Thus meeting with Krsna and thinking of the Vrndavana atmosphere, Radharani longed for Krsna to take Her to Vrndavana again to fulfill Her desire in that calm atmosphere
- When affection is symptomized by direct happiness and distress, it is called attraction. In such an attracted state of ecstatic love, one can face all kinds of disadvantages calmly
- When Sukadeva Gosvami was so received by the king and sages, the street boys and less intelligent women who followed him were struck with wonder and fear. So they retired from their frivolous activities, and everything was full of gravity and calm
- When the fierce form of Nrsimha-deva appeared in order to kill Hiranyakasipu, Prahlada was unagitated. He remained calm and quiet, whereas others, including even Lord Brahma, were frightened by the features of the Lord