Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Caitanya and the Vaisnavas
Pages in category "Caitanya and the Vaisnavas"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A Vaisnava travels to places of pilgrimage to purify them and reclaim fallen conditioned souls. This is one of the duties of a Vaisnava. Actually, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is not a living entity but the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself
- After arriving at Jagannatha Puri, all the Vaisnavas met with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Later, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sported in the water, taking all the devotees with Him
- After the sankirtana ended, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu watched the offering of flowers to the Lord Jagannatha Deity. Then He and all the Vaisnavas returned to His residence
- After this, Gopinatha Acarya and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya met all the Vaisnavas at the place of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in a befitting manner
- All the residents of Vidyanagara were of different faiths, but after seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they abandoned their own faiths and became Vaisnavas
- All the Vaisnavas praised the drama, saying, "Very good, very good." They also desired that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu hear the drama
- Although the Buddhists are unfit for discussion and should not be seen by Vaisnavas, Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke to them just to decrease their false pride
- Arriving at Siva-kanci, Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the deity of Lord Siva. By His influence, He converted all the devotees of Lord Siva into Vaisnavas
- As evidence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s mercy, we are experiencing that the people of Africa are taking to Krsna consciousness, chanting and dancing and taking prasadam like other Vaisnavas
- As previously stated, all the residents of the villages visited by Lord Caitanya became Vaisnavas and began to chant Hari and Krsna. In this way, in all the villages visited by the Lord, everyone became a Vaisnava, a devotee
- At Devasthana, Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the temple of Lord Visnu, and there He talked with the Vaisnavas in the disciplic succession of Ramanujacarya. These Vaisnavas are known as Sri Vaisnavas
- Being thus defeated by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all these philosophers and their followers entered into His cult. In this way Lord Caitanya made South India into a country of Vaisnavas
- Both submitted to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Please give us orders so that we may make proper arrangements to accommodate all the Vaisnavas"
- By the influence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all these people abandoned their own opinions and became Vaisnavas, devotees of Krsna
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu also had a discussion with the Tattvavadi community, and the Tattvavadis felt themselves to be inferior Vaisnavas
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu said that if somebody remembers Krsna by seeing somebody, that somebody is Vaisnava. He remembers immediately Krsna
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, when He was asked what is the general behavior of a Vaisnava, He said that the first thing is that you should give up bad company
- Even the Gosvamis, who were principal students of Lord Caitanya, were also ostracized from brahmana society, but Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by His grace, made them first-class Vaisnavas
- Everyone respected Govinda as the dearest servant of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and Govinda served all the Vaisnavas and saw to their needs
- If one becomes a Vaisnava under the principles of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he can be lifted at once from any abominable condition, svapacam varistham
- In the meantime, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, accompanied by His personal associates, met all the Vaisnavas on the road with great jubilation
- In this connection, Lord Caitanya replied that a Vaisnava should always give up the company of nondevotees
- Lord Caitanya advised that one be very careful not to offend Vaisnavas
- Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda are the life and soul of those Vaisnavas, who do not know anything but devotional service to Sri Sri Radha-Krsna
- Lord Caitanya replied, "A person who is always chanting the holy name of the Lord is to be considered a first-class Vaisnava, and your duty is to serve his lotus feet"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed the Caturmasya months with the Sri Vaisnavas, singing, chanting the holy name and dancing
- Seeing the Siva deity named Amrta-linga, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered His obeisances. Thus He visited all the temples of Lord Siva and converted the devotees of Lord Siva into Vaisnavas
- She (the woman) also neglected to consider that by putting her foot on the shoulder of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, she offended the Supreme Personality of Godhead. These are both grievous offenses that displease the Supreme Lord and Vaisnavas
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and the devotees came before Haridasa Thakura, who offered his respects to the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and all the Vaisnavas
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructed everyone that sannyasis and Vaisnavas should not hear women singing
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the most exalted, omniscient Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore He knew that Kalidasa, in the core of his heart, had full faith in Vaisnavas
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned by the same road He had formerly taken to Vidyanagara, and all the Vaisnavas along the way saw Him again
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then addressed all the Vaisnavas and requested that they listen to Him. He said, "Now you can go to your respective residential quarters"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then finally advised, "One who is chanting the Hare Krsna mantra is understood to be a Vaisnava; therefore you should offer all respects to him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's converting the people of South India into Vaisnavas is compared to Lord Visnu's delivering Gajendra the elephant from the attack of a crocodile
- Svarupa Damodara sent Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu back to His residence and kept with him four Vaisnavas and four servant carriers
- Taking the remnants of the food of Vaisnavas is so valuable that it induced Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to offer Kalidasa His supreme mercy
- The following year, the inhabitants of Kulina-grama again asked the Lord the same question. Hearing this question, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu again taught them about the different types of Vaisnavas
- The Gaudiya Vaisnavas who follow strictly in the line of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu worship the Divinity by chanting transcendental sounds meant to develop a sense of one's transcendental relationship with the Supreme Lord
- The Sixteenth Chapter tells how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu showed His mercy to Kalidasa and thus demonstrated the result of eating the remnants of the food of Vaisnavas
- The word markata-vairagya is used by Cri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to indicate so-called Vaisnavas who dress themselves in loincloths trying to imitate Srila Rupa Gosvami
- Thereafter, calling all the Vaisnavas, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu distributed maha-prasadam as if sprinkling nectar. At that time the mock fight between Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu became more and more delicious
- Thus I have described the meeting of all the Vaisnavas with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Whoever hears this description ultimately attains shelter at His lotus feet
- Vaisnavas in the Gaudiya-Madhva-sampradaya say that the ecstatic feelings experienced by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu during His appearance came from Sri Madhavendra Puri through Isvara Puri
- Vaisnavas must meet many opponents while preaching the glories of the Lord, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommends that they not become angry while preaching
- When evening clouds assembled overhead and thundered threateningly, all the Vaisnavas were very much afraid. But the Lord (Caitanya) took His karatalas in His hands and personally began chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- When the Tattvavadi Vaisnavas first saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they considered Him a Mayavadi sannyasi. Therefore they did not talk to Him
- With His disc of mercy the Lord (Caitanya) delivered them (the inhabitants of South India) all by converting them into Vaisnavas, devotees of the Lord