Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Understanding"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total.
- Advaita Acarya had written a sonnet in equivocal language with an import that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand but others could not
- Advaita Acarya is a great mystic. No one can understand Him. He is expert in writing sonnets that even I Myself cannot understand
- After hearing this, Sanatana Gosvami was exceedingly astonished. He could understand, "My decision to commit suicide has not been greatly appreciated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- After sporting in the water, Krsna enjoyed a picnic. I can understand that after seeing this I must certainly have talked like a madman
- Although Haridasa Thakura was the greatest of all Hindus in his behavior, he considered himself a Muhammadan and did not enter the temple. Lord Caitanya could understand his humility
- Although there was very little water, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was omniscient and could understand that formerly these two ponds were called Sri Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda
- As a Muslim magistrate, you have the right to oppose the performance of Hindu ceremonies, but now you do not forbid them. I cannot understand the reason why
- At that time Advaita Acarya was greatly pleased. The Lord understood this, and He was somewhat ashamed, but He offered Advaita Acarya His benediction
- I become very much proud of nonsense rascal disciples like you. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu represented Himself as a nonsense rascal to understand Vedanta philosophy
- I conclusively know these two names, Syamasundara and Yasodanandana. I do not understand any other meanings, nor have I the capacity to understand them
- I have learned about the glories of the Lord's holy name from Haridasa Thakura, and by his mercy I have understood these glories
- I then understood that I was going to Vrndavana like a magician with his show, and this is certainly not good. No one should go to Vrndavana with so many men
- It is impossible to describe the influence and knowledge of Ramananda Raya, for only by his mercy have I understood the unalloyed love of the residents of Vrndavana
- Lord Caitanyas students criticized Him: "Why are You chanting the names of the gopis? Why not 'Krsna'?" Lord Caitanya was irritated by the criticism, and so there was some misunderstanding between Him and His students
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Now I have come to understand the truth of the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna. Nonetheless, I still want to hear how both of Them gloriously enjoy such love"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, being omniscient, could understand the degradation of these students. Thus He sat at home, contemplating how to rescue them
- Now I have come to understand the sublime goal of life and the process of achieving it. Nevertheless, I think that there is something more ahead, and My mind is desiring to have it
- Now that I can understand this philosophy, no more shall I eat dirt. Whenever I am hungry I shall suck your breast and drink your breast milk
- Only for the sake of executing the duties of the renounced order of sannyasa do I listen. Unfortunately, I cannot in the least understand the meaning you are presenting
- Only Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand the intentions of Advaita Acarya, and Advaita Acarya appreciated the grave instruction of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sanatana Gosvami then went to the house of Candrasekhara and sat down by the door. Understanding what was happening, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke to Candrasekhara
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya has shown Me the limit of devotional service. Only by his mercy have I understood that devotional service to Krsna is the essence of all mystic yoga
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "I accept that You do not understand, yet even one who does not understand inquires about the subject matter"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "Understanding that all the devotees have come, Lord Caitanya gave the sign, and therefore Vaninatha and the others have brought such great quantities of maha-prasadam"
- Since I can understand Krsna according to these two meanings," Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "what point is there in changing the verse?" Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "I was not able to give that reading to the verse"
- Since Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the omniscient Supreme Personality of Godhead, He can understand the heart of everyone, and thus He knew all these things
- Since Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was omniscient, He could understand Raghunatha dasa's mind. The Lord therefore instructed him with the following reassuring words
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His representative understand everything about a devotee, even though the devotee may externally pretend to be an ordinary householder and professional businessman
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu confirmed these verses recited by Sri Ramananda Raya, saying, "This is the limit of the goal of human life. Only by your mercy have I come to understand it conclusively"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand that the person who had come to bathe in the river was Ramananda Raya. The Lord wanted so much to meet him that His mind immediately began running after him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand that the Tattvavadis were very proud of their Vaisnavism. He therefore smiled and began to speak to them
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had understood this misconception of Venkata Bhatta's, and to correct it the Lord talked so much in a joking way
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I can understand that you all desire to take Me to Kataka to see the King"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then revealed His mind, saying, "I can understand the meaning of each sutra very clearly, but your explanations have simply agitated My mind"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu understood the labor of all the kirtana chanters; therefore He was very eager to feed them sumptuously
- The authority for such acts is the prerogative of Ramananda Raya alone, for I can understand that his body is not material but has been completely transformed into a spiritual entity
- The inhabitant of Kulina-grama said, "Please let me know who is actually a Vaisnava and what his symptoms are." Understanding his mind, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and gave the following reply
- The Lord replied, "I do not understand the meaning of Srimad-Bhagavatam. Indeed, I am not a suitable person to hear its meaning"
- The Lord then understood that the holy place called Radha-kunda was no longer visible. However, being the omniscient S P of God, He discovered Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda in two paddy fields. There was only a little water, but He took His bath there
- The Lord thus chanted and danced for some time. Finally, understanding the circumstances, He stopped
- The transcendental mellows of ecstatic love are personified by Svarupa Damodara. By his association I have understood Vrndavana's transcendental mellow of conjugal love
- Through the mercy of Ramananda Raya, I have understood that ecstatic love of Krsna is the highest goal of life and that spontaneous love of Krsna is the highest perfection
- Understanding the anxiety within the people's minds, the Lord called them together and spoke to them as follows
- Understanding the fatigue of the devotees, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stopped the congregational chanting. Then He bathed in the sea, accompanied by them all
- Understanding this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt an emotion of ecstatic love for Krsna, but upon seeing the servants of Lord Jagannatha, He restrained Himself
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this, His mind was satisfied. Only They could understand each other's minds
- When Govinda saw that the Lord had not yet risen, he awakened Him. Understanding that He had only been dreaming, the Lord was somewhat unhappy
- While walking, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, understanding that the others were fatigued, took them all beneath a tree and sat down
- With this understanding, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu agreed to accept lunch at the place of Tapana Misra. The Lord made His residence at the home of Candrasekhara
- You (Lord Caitanya) have simply been listening, fixed in Your silence. Since You do not say whether You think it is right or wrong, I (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya) cannot know whether You are actually understanding Vedanta philosophy or not
- You have simply been listening, fixed in Your silence. Since You do not say whether You think it is right or wrong, I cannot know whether You are actually understanding Vedanta philosophy or not
- You have written several letters showing your humility. I can understand your behavior from those letters