Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Spending Time with Caitanya (2 P)
Pages in category "Caitanya's Time"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- Advaita Acarya pointed out that at Jagannatha Puri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate fifty-four times a day, and each time He ate many hundreds of pots of food
- After reciting this mantra, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered obeisances and took His bath in the Ganges. At that time He had on only one piece of underwear, for there was no second garment
- All the devotees from Bengal gradually began arriving at Jagannatha Puri. At this time, the residents of Kulina-grama also came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for the first time
- Among all commentaries, Sridhara Svami's is given the first position. This parampara has existed for a very long time. It was also accepted during Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's time, but Sri Vallabhacarya violated the system
- At that time (when Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was dancing in front of the car during the Ratha-yatra festival) the boy (Acyutananda) was only six years old
- At that time Balabhadra Bhattacarya placed a request at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He said, "Please give me permission to go see Lord Krsna directly"
- At that time, Balabhadra Bhattacarya went to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and made Him sit down. Seeing the Muslim soldiers, the Lord regained His normal senses
- At that time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went there to meet him, and when He saw the leaf pushed into the roof and saw the verse, He began to read it
- At the time of departure, the Lord requested all the devotees, "Please come here every year to see the Ratha-yatra festival of Lord Jagannatha's journey to the Gundica temple"
- At those times, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would visit Lord Jagannatha. Then His feelings exactly corresponded to those of the gopis when they saw Krsna at Kuruksetra after long separation. Krsna had come to Kuruksetra with His brother and sister to visit
- For nine continuous days His Lordship Sri Jagannatha-deva stayed at the Gundica temple. During this time Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also stayed there and performed the pastimes with His devotees that have already been described
- For ten nights Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Ramananda Raya spent a happy time discussing the pastimes of Krsna
- He (Lord Caitanya) debates and converts many of the renowned philosophers and theologians of His time, including Sankarites, Buddhists, and Muslims
- He also passed His time reading the books and singing the songs of Candidasa and Vidyapati, and listening to quotations from the Jagannatha-vallabha-nataka, Krsna-karnamrta and Gita-govinda
- He asked Balabhadra Bhattacarya to cook Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's lunch. At that time the Lord, smiling, spoke as follows
- He would talk for some time with them both and then leave to perform His noontime duties
- Hindu society was so rigid at the time of Lord Caitanya that if a Hindu were converted into a Muslim, there was no chance of his being reformed. In this way the Muslim population in India increased
- In his leisure time in later life, His Divine Grace Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura would simply read Sri Caitanya-caritamrta. It was his favorite book
- In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu always expressed bewilderment and lamented in separation from Krsna. At such times He used to recite the slokas from Ramananda Raya's drama, known as Jagannatha-vallabha-nataka
- Later, Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami left home and took shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Jagannatha Puri. At that time, the Lord received him and placed him under the care of Svarupa Damodara for spiritual enlightenment
- Lord Caitanya also desired that "a moment will appear unto Me as twelve years of time, and the whole world will appear to Me as vacant on account of not seeing You, My dear Lord"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya suggested, "On that Ratha-yatra festival day, after dancing before the Lord, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will enter the Gundica garden. At that time you (King Prataparudra) should go there alone, without your royal dress"
- Since the time of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, there have been many imitation incarnations of Krsna who cannot understand that Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna Himself and not an ordinary human being
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then sat down with Haridasa and Rupa Gosvami. They inquired from one another about auspicious news and then continued to talk together for some time
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was repeatedly calling, "Haridasa, Haridasa," and at that time Haridasa, standing at a distance, spoke as follows
- When the food was thus delivered, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu looked at it for some time. Being afraid of Jagadananda, He finally ate something
- While at Jagannatha Puri, the Lord passed His time in great joy by performing sankirtana and visiting the temple of Jagannatha in great ecstasy
- While he (Sanatana) was coming, his brother-in-law gave him a nice blanket. That was on the body of Sanatana. And Caitanya Mahaprabhu several times overlooked about that blanket