Pages in category "Caitanya's Speaking"
The following 128 pages are in this category, out of 128 total.
- After He had followed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for some distance, Advaita Acarya was petitioned by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with folded hands. The Lord spoke the following sweet words
- After hearing the Kazi speak so nicely, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu touched him and smilingly spoke as follows
- After hearing the story about how His staff had been broken, the Lord expressed a little sadness and, displaying a bit of anger, began to speak as follows
- After hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke in an angry mood. "You want to order Me to go to the King," He said
- After speaking in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell silent. Then Ramananda Raya began to recite various verses
- After speaking to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence. From that day on, the Bhattacarya was free because his false pride had been dismantled
- After speaking to them in this way, I bade them farewell. As I was leaving, Sanatana told Me, 'It is not appropriate for one to be followed by a crowd of thousands when going to Vrndavana'
- After they had regained their patience, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to speak
- Again He addressed Svarupa Damodara and Raya Ramananda, speaking despondently, "Alas! My friends, you can now know the certainty within My heart, and after knowing My heart you should judge whether I am correct or not. You can speak of this properly"
- All the devotees from Bengal would regularly invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for lunch, and the Lord would speak to them in very sweet words
- Also in that chapter is a description of how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ran toward Cataka-parvata and spoke like a madman
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had no desire to leave Vrndavana, He began to speak sweet words just to fulfill the desire of His devotee
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was inwardly greatly pleased when He heard this verse, externally He spoke as if angry
- Although the Buddhists are unfit for discussion and should not be seen by Vaisnavas, Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke to them just to decrease their false pride
- As Lord Caitanya spoke in this way, His humility increased, and He began praying to Krsna that He could discharge pure devotional service
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard that Amogha was going to die, He immediately ran to him in great haste. Placing His hand on Amogha's chest, He spoke as follows
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this from the Bhattacarya, He immediately remembered Lord Visnu and began to speak humbly to him as follows
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Vasudeva Datta, the older brother of Mukunda Datta, He immediately became very happy and, placing His hand on his body, began to speak
- As they danced and embraced, spiritual symptoms manifested in their bodies. They perspired, trembled and shed tears, and the Lord began to speak in His ecstasy
- Astonished that the child was speaking Mayavada philosophy, mother Saci replied, "Who has taught You this philosophical speculation that justifies eating dirt?
- At night He talked incoherently in grief with His arms around Svarupa Damodara's neck. He spoke out His heart in ecstatic inspiration
- Because of separation from His many friends in Vrndavana, who were like His own life, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke like a madman. His intelligence was transformed
- Blood and perspiration flowed incessantly from every pore of His body, and He could not speak a word but simply produced a gargling sound within His throat
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu could not recite the whole verse. He simply said, "Ayi dina! Ayi dina!" repeatedly. Thus He could not speak, and profuse tears were in His eyes
- Considering all these points, Svarupa Damodara concluded, "he has stopped inviting You." Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and spoke as follows
- Haridasa said, "My dear Lord, what You have spoken deals with external formalities. I do not accept it"
- Having heard all these details, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, greatly pleased, spoke as follows
- Having thus spoken, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Rupa Gosvami, who then placed the lotus feet of the Lord upon his head
- He asked Balabhadra Bhattacarya to cook Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's lunch. At that time the Lord, smiling, spoke as follows
- He said, "I am a sannyasi, and I certainly consider Myself renounced. But what to speak of seeing a woman, if I even hear the name of a woman, I feel changes in My mind and body. Therefore who could remain unmoved by the sight of a woman?'
- Hearing all these statements, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mind was certainly softened, but externally He wished to speak some harsh words
- Hearing this, Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared greatly angry, and in that angry mood He spoke some words chastising him
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was somewhat ashamed. Just to satisfy Sanatana Gosvami, He spoke the following words
- I cannot properly express the affection of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for His devotees. Being merciful toward Raghunatha dasa, the Lord spoke as follows to Govinda
- I do not recall what I spoke in that connection, but if something comes to My mind due to association with you, I shall explain it
- I have already spoken about thirteen meanings (of the atmarama verse). Now there are six more. Combined, these make nineteen
- I shall say something about the various practices of devotional service, which is expanded in so many ways. I wish to speak briefly of the essential practices
- In an instant, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu regained external consciousness & saw two persons before Him. Questioning them, He asked, "Am I conscious? What dreams have I been seeing? What craziness have I spoken? Have you heard some expressions of humility"
- In great happiness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then accepted the lunch. When He had tasted the vegetables, He again began to speak
- In the Nineteenth Chapter is a description of how Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu rubbed His face against the walls and spoke like a madman because of separation from Krsna
- In this half-external consciousness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu talked like a madman. The devotees could distinctly hear Him speaking to the sky
- In this way Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu deflated the pride of Venkata Bhatta, but just to make him happy again, He spoke as follows
- In this way the Lord speaks through my mouth to preach the cult of Krsna consciousness. Within the world, who will understand this pastime of the Lord's
- Kirtana and prasada distribution. This is our preaching mainly. And if they hear little philosophy, that is very good. Otherwise simply kirtana and prasada distribution is sufficient. Caitanya used to do that. He was not speaking philosophy to everyone
- Knowing that Vallabha Bhatta's heart was full of pride, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke these words, hinting at how one can learn about devotional service
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu became unhappy upon reading the note, although His face still shone as brightly as the moon. Thus, smiling, He spoke as follows
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke, "My dear beautiful friend, if one develops love of Godhead, love of Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, all the bitter and sweet influences of this love will manifest in one's heart. Such love of Godhead acts in two ways"
- Lord Caitanya smiled and said, "Listen, Haridasa and Sanatana. Now I am speaking the truth about how My mind is attached to you"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered respects to all the devotees present from Navadvipa and other towns, speaking to them as follows
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the most exalted of all devotees of mothers, spoke like a madman and rubbed His face against the walls
- Mother Saci said, "You have spoken very nicely. I shall not eat grains on Ekadasi." From that day, she began to observe fasting on Ekadasi
- My dear Lord, You are the original speaker of the Bhagavatam. You therefore know its real import. But for You, no one can understand the confidential meaning of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- My dear sir, I do not know what is good composition and what is bad. But whatever I have spoken must be understood to have been spoken by mother Sarasvati
- My dear Vallabha Bhatta, your coming to me is not appreciated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Therefore He sometimes speaks to chastise me
- Sanatana Gosvami then went to the house of Candrasekhara and sat down by the door. Understanding what was happening, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke to Candrasekhara
- Saying this, the saintly Muslim fell at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and requested Him to speak of life's ultimate goal and the process by which it could be obtained
- Seeing Raghunatha dasa skinny and dirty because of having traveled for twelve days and fasted, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, His heart melting due to causeless mercy, spoke to Svarupa Damodara
- Seeing the boy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately remembered Krsna. Meeting the boy in ecstatic love, the Lord began to speak
- Separation from Krsna awoke various mellows of distress, lamentation and humility. Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke like a crazy man
- Smiling slightly, the Lord embraced him and spoke sweet words so that others would also hear
- Speaking in the mood of Srimati Radharani, Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "For most people, the mind and heart are one, but because My mind is never separated from Vrndavana, I consider My mind and Vrndavana to be one"
- Speaking in this way, satisfy the mind of mother Saci. Also, remind her of one most confidential incident with this message from Me
- Speaking in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fully returned to external consciousness. Seeing Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, the Lord questioned him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu again spoke to Mukunda with sweet words, "Your duty is to earn both material and spiritual wealth"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His personal associates remained with Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya. They all stayed awake the entire night as the Lord spoke of His pilgrimage
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bathed in all the celebrated lakes, beginning with Lake Pavana. Thereafter He climbed a hill and spoke to the people
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very happy just to speak of the glories of His devotees. Indeed, when He spoke of their glories, it was as if He had five faces
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu broadcast the purport of Srimad-Bhagavatam. He sometimes spoke for the benefit of His devotees and sometimes empowered one of His devotees to speak while He listened
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued speaking to the Tattvavadi acarya, "Seeing that I am a mendicant in the renounced order of life, you have been playing with Me in a duplicitous way. You have not actually described the process and ultimate objective"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand that the Tattvavadis were very proud of their Vaisnavism. He therefore smiled and began to speak to them
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Bhavananda Raya and with great respect spoke of his son Ramananda Raya
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu next spoke some relishable words to Raghava Pandita. He said, "I am obliged to you due to your pure love for Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I feel shameful to disclose the activities of My heart. Nonetheless, I shall be done with all formalities and speak from the heart. Please hear"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu speaks clearly of one's becoming liberated from the varnasrama-dharma, the most exalted system of human civilization. At such a time one feels himself to be perpetually the servant of Lord Krsna
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke like a madman, holding Ramananda Raya by the neck, and He questioned Svarupa Damodara, thinking him to be His gopi friend
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke these words in a mood of anger as He floated on waves of ecstatic love
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke thus to Lord Jagannatha, "You are the same Krsna, and I am the same Radharani. We are meeting again in the same way that We met in the beginning of Our lives"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then continued speaking to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "Consider this point. The servant of the spiritual master is always respectable for Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then embraced Murari Gupta and began to speak about his firm faith in devotional service. This was heard by all the devotees
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then embraced Srivasa Pandita and, with His arm about his neck, began to speak to him in sweet words
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then embraced Vasudeva Datta and began to speak of his glories as if He had a thousand mouths
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then remained silent for a moment. Finally, adjusting things within His mind, He again spoke to Sanatana Gosvami
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a little astonished to see the gorgeous arrangement, and gesturing, He spoke to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- Srivasa then replied to the Lord, "Why are You speaking in a contradictory way? Rather, we four brothers have been purchased by Your mercy"
- Suddenly, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became calm and considered His state of mind. He remembered the words of Pingala, and this aroused an ecstasy that moved Him to speak. Thus He explained the meaning of the verse
- The Bhattacarya explained the atmarama verse in nine different ways on the basis of scripture. After hearing his explanation, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, smiling a little, began to speak
- The Lord (Caitanya) thus spoke to the sannyasi almost in the same way that He spoke to the Bhattacarya of Puri, and by forceful arguments He nullified the Mayavada interpretations of the Vedanta-sutra
- The poet said, "All right, let me see what good qualities and faults You have found." The Lord replied, "Let Me speak, and please hear Me without becoming angry
- The Seventeenth Chapter also tells how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, due to the conjunction of various ecstatic emotions, again began speaking like a madman and described in detail the meaning of a verse from the Krsna-karnamrta
- The subject matter of this book is so sublime that it appears that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has personally spoken through the writings of Sri Vrndavana dasa Thakura
- The wonderful explanation the boy has given could not have been possible for a human being. Therefore mother Sarasvati must have spoken personally through His mouth
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu placed a proposal before Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Ramananda Raya. He embraced them and spoke sweet words
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to His personal devotees and began speaking about Haridasa Thakura's transcendental qualities as if He had hundreds of mouths
- Thus admitting his mistake, Brahmananda Bharati thought, "He spoke well. I put on this deerskin only for prestige. I cannot cross over the ocean of nescience simply by wearing a deerskin"
- Thus overwhelmed by ecstatic love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke like a madman and recited suitable verses
- Thus speaking, the Lord entered His room after glancing auspiciously upon the people out of charity. In this way the desires of the people were completely fulfilled
- Thus speaking, the son of Srimati Sacimata recited another wonderful verse, and Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara heard this verse with rapt attention
- Thus the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was spoken of in the family of Bhavananda Raya. That mercy was clearly demonstrated, although it appeared to be something different
- Thus transcendental madness was awakened in the body of the Lord, and He experienced despondency in mind and body. In this ecstatic condition, He began to speak as follows
- Thus walking and walking, the Lord eventually arrived at the place known as Atharanala. Arriving there, He expressed His external consciousness, speaking to Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- To whom should I speak? Who can understand My disappointment? Without the son of Nanda Maharaja, My heart is broken
- Vallabha Bhattacarya was very much surprised at this. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, however, was very pleased, and He therefore spoke to him this description of Rupa Gosvami
- Venkata Bhatta said, "Please be merciful to me and stay at my house during Caturmasya. Speak about Lord Krsna's pastimes and kindly deliver me by Your mercy"
- Whatever He (Lord Caitanya) does, whatever He speaks, that is sastra. But still, because He's playing the part of acarya, He immediately gives Vedic evidences. That is the way of acarya
- Whatever I (Ramananda Raya) speak is personally spoken by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Like a stringed instrument, I vibrate whatever He causes me to speak
- Whatever I speak is personally spoken by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Like a stringed instrument, I vibrate whatever He causes me to speak
- When Rupa Gosvami fell down like a rod, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu got up and gave him a slap. Then, taking him on His lap, He began to speak to him
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard Vasudeva Datta's statement, His heart became very soft. Tears flowed from His eyes, and He began to tremble. In a faltering voice He spoke as follows
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw all the Vaisnavas, He returned to partial external consciousness and spoke to Svarupa Damodara
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw His mother's great eagerness, He became a little agitated. He therefore assembled all the devotees present and spoke to them
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw the exuberance of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Ramananda Raya, He smiled and spoke to Gopinatha Acarya
- When the Lord lay down on the bed, Advaita Acarya waited to massage His legs, but the Lord was very hesitant and spoke as follows to Advaita Acarya
- When the Lord returned home, bringing with Him great wealth and many followers, He spoke to Sacidevi about transcendental knowledge to relieve her of the grief she was suffering
- When they regained their sanity, they both sat down, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and began to speak as follows
- When we chanted the holy name of Krsna, however, You came to semiconsciousness, and we have all been hearing You speak like a madman
- Where shall I go? Where can I find You? Please tell Me. I shall go there. Speaking in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began running
- While speaking of these things with Sanatana Gosvami, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to remember one thing after another. Moving His hands in ecstasy, He recited a verse
- While thus speaking like a madman, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became full of ecstatic emotion