Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Mind"
The following 109 pages are in this category, out of 109 total.
- After abandoning the dancing, the Lord ordered Svarupa Damodara to sing. Understanding His mind, Svarupa Damodara began to sing as follows
- After due consideration, all the devotees began chanting the holy name congregationally. Lord Caitanya's mind was thus pacified by the ecstasy of the chanting
- After hearing this verse, Ramananda Raya and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Without Your special mercy, how could this Rupa Gosvami have understood Your mind?"
- After Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had performed His devastating dance for some time, His mind entered into a mood of ecstatic love
- Agitated by these transformations, My mind fled, leaving My body, his place of residence, empty. Thus I am completely in trance
- Although I am (Sri Caitanya) a sannyasi, My mind is sometimes perturbed when I see a woman. But Ramananda Raya is greater than Me, for he is always undisturbed, even when he touches a woman
- Although the Lord did not exhibit any external symptoms, His mind was filled with ecstatic love. At that time, Balabhadra Bhattacarya said, "Let us go to Mahavana"
- Although We are both the same, My mind is still attracted to Vrndavana-dhama. I wish that You will please again appear with Your lotus feet in Vrndavana
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this stanza (My (Radharani's) feeling is like this: My mind burns day and night, and I can get no rest. If there were someplace I could go to meet Krsna, I would immediately fly there), His mind went to pieces
- At night, Lord Caitanya would reveal to Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya the ecstatic feelings of His mind
- Because Lord Caitanya could not meet the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, His mind burned. He began to ask Krsna about the means by which He could reach Him
- Because of Sivananda Sena's glories, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate all kinds of prasadam to honor his request. However, the Lord ate more than necessary, and therefore His mind was dissatisfied
- Because the Lord associated with various devotees during the day, His mind was somewhat diverted, but at night the pangs of separation from Krsna increased very rapidly
- By observing the etiquette, you have satisfied My mind. Who else but you could show this example
- Having shown the verse to Svarupa Damodara with great wonder, Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked him how Rupa Gosvami could understand the intentions of His mind
- He said, "I am a sannyasi, and I certainly consider Myself renounced. But what to speak of seeing a woman, if I even hear the name of a woman, I feel changes in My mind and body. Therefore who could remain unmoved by the sight of a woman?'
- He said, "My dear friends, please hear of Krsna's sweetness. Because of a great desire for that sweetness, My mind has given up all social and Vedic religious principles and taken to the profession of begging, exactly like a mystic yogi"
- Hearing all these statements, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mind was certainly softened, but externally He wished to speak some harsh words
- His eyes and mind fully absorbed in Lord Jagannatha, Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to play the drama of the song with His two arms
- I do not recall what I spoke in that connection, but if something comes to My mind due to association with you, I shall explain it
- I had no business in accepting the renounced order and sacrificing My love for My mother, which is My real property. Actually I was in a crazy state of mind when I accepted sannyasa
- I have now converted My body and mind into the ecstasy of Srimati Radharani; thus I am tasting My own personal sweetness in that form
- I invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by accepting goods from materialistic people. I know that the Lord's mind is not satisfied by this.
- I shall now describe a very small portion of the activities performed by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with His mind, intelligence and body when He was bewildered by strong feelings of separation from Krsna
- I wish to hear from you about Lord Krsna. Indeed, My mind is inclined to desire this; therefore I wish to see you again
- If He likes He can tightly embrace Me and make Me feel oneness with Him, or by not giving Me His audience, He may corrode My mind and body. Nevertheless, it is He who is the Lord of My life
- If I hear about the activities of materialistic persons, My mind becomes agitated. There is no need for Me to stay here and be disturbed in that way
- In great ecstatic love they both began to cry, and thus their minds were slackened
- In that ecstatic love, His mind was unsteady. Transformations of transcendental love spread throughout His entire body, and He could not sustain His body and mind
- In the attitude of Radharani, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu addressed the gopis, "My dear friends, where is that Krsna, Cupid personified, who has the effulgence of a kadamba flower, who is sweetness itself, the nectar of My eyes and mind"
- In this state of madness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mind was unsteady. Whatever He said or did was all symptomatic of madness
- In this way Balabhadra Bhattacarya offered his prayers to the Lord. By rendering service unto Him in ecstatic love, he pacified the Lord's mind
- In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to manifest wonderful ecstatic symptoms. His mind appeared vacant, and there were only hopelessness and disappointment in His words
- In this way various ecstatic emotions evolved, & the mind of Caitanya filled with anxiety. He could not escape even for a moment. In this way, because of fierce feelings of separation, His patience began to totter, and He began to recite various verses
- In this way, because of Krsna's sweet qualities, Caitanya Mahaprabhu made different types of mistakes in His mind. Thus by reciting the following verse, He ascertained the presence of Lord Krsna
- In this way, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lamented in a great ocean of sadness, and thus He opened the doors of His unhappiness. Forced by the waves of ecstasy, His mind wandered over transcendental mellows, and He recited another verse (as follows)
- In this way, the Lord's restlessness was awakened by ecstatic feelings, and His mind became agitated. No one could understand what course such ecstasy would take
- It gave up My body and home because of lamentation and accepted the religious principles of a kapalika-yogi. Then My mind went to Vrndavana with its disciples, My senses
- Let me take shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Gauracandra. His mind became exhausted and His body very thin from the pain of separation from Krsna, but when He felt ecstatic love for the Lord, He again became fully developed
- Lord Caitanya smiled and said, "Listen, Haridasa and Sanatana. Now I am speaking the truth about how My mind is attached to you"
- My dear friend, just hear the decision of My mind. Krsna is the Lord of My life in all conditions, whether He shows Me affection or kills Me by giving Me unhappiness
- My dear Lord, my tongue is just like a stringed instrument, and You are its player. Therefore I simply vibrate whatever arises in Your mind
- My dear Sanatana, the sweetness of Krsna's personality is just like an ocean of ambrosia. Although My mind is now afflicted by convulsive diseases and I wish to drink that entire ocean, the repressive physician does not allow Me to drink even one drop
- My heart is very confidential. How did you know My mind in this way? After saying this, He firmly embraced Rupa Gosvami
- My mind is already Vrndavana, and since You like Vrndavana, will You please place Your lotus feet there? I would deem that Your full mercy
- My mind is just like a single horse being ridden by the five senses of perception, headed by sight. Each of My senses wants to ride that horse, and thus they pull My mind in five directions simultaneously. In what direction will it go
- My mind's five disciples, the senses of perception, gather the remnants of that nectar from the gopis and bring them to the yogi of My mind. The senses maintain their lives by eating those remnants
- Nevertheless, My mind has become purified because I have associated with Advaita Acarya, who is directly the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Now I have come to understand the sublime goal of life and the process of achieving it. Nevertheless, I think that there is something more ahead, and My mind is desiring to have it
- Some of the gopis fanned Radha and Krsna, others massaged Their feet, and some fed Them betel leaves to chew. When Radha and Krsna fell asleep, all the gopis also lay down. When I saw this, My mind was very happy
- Speaking in the mood of Srimati Radharani, Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "For most people, the mind and heart are one, but because My mind is never separated from Vrndavana, I consider My mind and Vrndavana to be one"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu always felt waves of separation from Krsna, externally and internally. His mind and body were agitated by various spiritual transformations
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "In His pastimes, Krsna displayed the two ornaments of hyperbole and reverse analogy. Tasting them brought gladness to My mind and fully satisfied My ears and eyes"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Please do not try to cheat Me, thinking of Me as a learned sannyasi. Please satisfy My mind by just describing the truth of Radha and Krsna"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand that the person who had come to bathe in the river was Ramananda Raya. The Lord wanted so much to meet him that His mind immediately began running after him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed His external activities, but His mind was filled with ecstatic love. With great difficulty He tried to restrain His mind, but it would always be overwhelmed by very deep ecstasy
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested Raghupati Upadhyaya to continue speaking about the pastimes of Sri Krsna. Thus the Lord was absorbed in ecstatic love, and His mind and body slackened
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "At first My mind somehow achieved the treasure of Krsna, but it again lost Him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "This boy knows My mind. Therefore I am very satisfied to accept his invitation"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stayed awake all night, chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, His mind overwhelmed by spiritual ecstasy
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then began to talk like this, "Is He the same person, personified sweetness, who is the pleasure of My eyes and mind, who is My life and soul? Has Krsna actually come before My eyes"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then remained silent for a moment. Finally, adjusting things within His mind, He again spoke to Sanatana Gosvami
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then revealed His mind, saying, "I can understand the meaning of each sutra very clearly, but your explanations have simply agitated My mind"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to express His mind in this way: "Where is the Lord of My life, who is playing His flute? What shall I do now? Where should I go to find the son of Maharaja Nanda"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was overwhelmed night and day by these ten ecstatic conditions. Whenever such symptoms arose, His mind became unsteady
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mind was absorbed in ecstatic love at Jagannatha Puri, but when He passed along the road on the way to Vrndavana, that love increased a hundred times
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, His mind thus stolen by the scent of Krsna's body, ran here and there like a bumblebee. He ran to the trees and plants, hoping that Lord Krsna would appear, but instead He found only that scent
- Sri Ramananda Raya was indeed a diplomatic minister for the King. His general behavior was very expert, and simply by describing the King's love for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he gradually softened the Lord's mind
- Srila Svarupa Damodara Gosvami replied to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "If Rupa Gosvami can understand Your mind and intentions, he must have Your Lordship's special benediction"
- Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya then devised various means to pacify the Lord. They sang songs of meeting that transformed His heart and made His mind peaceful
- That chapter also tells how the attributes of Krsna's sound attracted the mind of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who then described in ecstasy the meaning of the "ka stry anga te" verse
- The ecstatic symptoms of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu - including despondency, moroseness, humility, restlessness, joy, endurance and anger - instructed His body and mind
- The Fourteenth Chapter describes the beginning of the Lord's spiritual trance, in which His body was at Jagannatha Puri but His mind was in Vrndavana
- The great yogi of My mind always studies the poetry and discussions of Lord Krsna's Vrndavana pastimes
- The Lord has already changed His mind due to Ramananda Raya's description of your pure love for Him
- The Lord inquired, "What kind of book are you writing?" He held up a palm leaf that was a page of the manuscript, and when He saw the fine handwriting, His mind was very pleased
- The Lord replied, "Having heard about your good qualities, I have come here. I have come to hear about Krsna from you and thus purify My mind"
- The Lord said, "My dear Murari, please restrain your unnecessary humility. My mind is disturbed to see your meekness"
- The Lord said, "My dear uncle, I have come to your home just to ask you some questions." "Yes," the Kazi replied, "You are welcome. Just tell me what is in Your mind"
- The mind of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wandered in ecstatic love of Krsna. He immediately stood up and said, "Chant! Chant!" Then He Himself began to dance
- The mind of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was always morose because of a continuously manifested feeling of separation from Krsna
- The mystic yogi of My mind has assumed the name Mahabaula and made disciples of My ten senses. Thus My mind has gone to Vrndavana, leaving aside the home of My body and the great treasure of material enjoyment
- The next day, Caitanya dasa, the son of Sivananda Sena, extended an invitation to the Lord. He could understand the Lord's mind, however, and therefore he arranged for a different kind of food
- The unhappiness of separation from Krsna exhausted the Lord's mind and reduced the structure of His body, but when He felt emotions of ecstatic love, He again became developed and healthy
- The yogi of My mind is wearing that earring upon his ear. From a gourd he has carved out the bowl of My aspirations, and he has taken the bag of My expectations on his shoulder
- The yogi of My mind wears the torn quilt of anxiety on his dirty body, which is covered with dust and ashes
- There is a solitary garden where Krsna enjoys His pastimes, and in one corner of a pavilion in that garden, the yogi of My mind, along with his disciples, practices mystic yoga
- This mutual exchange of attraction is known as manobhava, or Cupid. Krsna's mind and My mind have merged together. Now, during this time of separation, it is very difficult to explain these loving affairs
- This stanza was sung by Mukunda in a very sweet voice, but as soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this stanza, His mind went to pieces
- Thus transcendental madness was awakened in the body of the Lord, and He experienced despondency in mind and body. In this ecstatic condition, He began to speak as follows
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this, His mind was satisfied. Only They could understand each other's minds
- When My mind lost the association of Krsna and could no longer see Him, he became depressed and took up mystic yoga. In the void of separation from Krsna, he experienced ten transcendental transformations
- When Ramananda Raya addressed Caitanya as the S P of God, Caitanya Mahaprabhu objected, saying, "I am not the Supreme Personality of Godhead but an ordinary human being. Therefore I must fear public opinion in three ways - with My body, mind and words"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was elsewhere, the very name of Vrndavana was sufficient to increase His ecstatic love. Now, when He was actually traveling in the Vrndavana forest, His mind was absorbed in great ecstatic love day and night
- When Sri Caitanya was describing the opulences and spiritual potencies of Krsna in this way, there was an awakening of love of Krsna within Him. His mind became immersed in the sweetness of conjugal love, and He quoted the following verse from SB
- When the temple was cleansed, it was purified, cool and pleasing, just as if the Lord's own pure mind had appeared
- While all the devotees were searching for the Lord, Svarupa Damodara restrained them. Then everyone fell silent, knowing the mind of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- While describing the transcendental opulences of Krsna, the ocean of opulence manifested in the mind of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and His mind and senses were immersed in this ocean. Thus He was perplexed
- While Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Advaita Prabhu chanted the Hare Krsna mantra and danced, there were various ecstatic symptoms in Their bodies, and Their minds were very pleased
- While Sri Caitanya lamented in this way, agitation and ecstasy awoke in His mind, and He became very restless. Many transcendental ecstasies combined in Him, including anxiety, lamentation, attention, eagerness, fear, determination and remembrance
- While Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was talking like this, His mind changed. His anger subsided, but His mental agitation increased